The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 04:12 PM   #41
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hey, even Turtle miracles can happen on occasion. Rare as they may be.

Has this been posted already and I missed it? If not, there's this..

If this person is legit, then his page says he's a rough animator for the show.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:38 PM   #42
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

When was the last new toy for the show released?
Old 08-07-2020, 05:16 PM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

No idea, but the stores over by me cleared everything out right after the New Year.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:53 PM   #44
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Here's some more...

Either that's some major trolling (which would be rather cruel to those who like the show) or, yeah, this looks like the end. Also an image but it won't let me grab a link for it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDkaClepD_i/

Quote:
alexdeligiannis
Poured out a heavy one and about to join my fellow Rise crew on Zoom to screen our finale and celebrate one more time. In an ideal world, we?d be together in person for this, but it?s probably best they don?t see this big man cry, anyway. Thankful beyond words to have been a part of this. All good things... #rottmntfinale #allgoodthings #rottmnt #riseofthetmnt #riseoftheteenagemutantninjaturtles #tmnt #nickelodeon #animation #bestjobever

(Okay, now even I'm getting the odd question marks but via computer copy/paste. Who broke the internet.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:57 PM   #45
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Here's some more...

Either that's some major trolling (which would be rather cruel to those who like the show) or, yeah, this looks like the end. Also an image but it won't let me grab a link for it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDkaClepD_i/

(Okay, now even I'm getting the odd question marks but via computer copy/paste. Who broke the internet.)
Rise is done time to Shellabrate

Susanna
@SuspiciousAnna
? 43m
Welp it’s done! It’s been a crazy two years of animating on #rottmnt and I have loved every second of it! Thank you guys so much for the constant and unwavering support!❤️ THANK YOU!!! #rottmntfinale #rottmntspoilers

ant ward
@Ward_Ant
? 19m
Hope everyone enjoyed the #rottmntfinale -Thanks for being amazing fans. Thanks to the entire crew for being amazing humans. SEE YOU AT THE MOVIES

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 08-07-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:11 PM   #46
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

So this season really did get cut short in half. Understandable. This would explain why Nicktoons was airing two episodes a month, since they knew it was ending at an odd number. But why even bother with a Netflix movie at this point?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:05 PM   #47
Torterra
Foot Soldier

Well if this is end of Rise all I can say is "It's been interesting" at first when I saw the character designs I was taken back but I say "I want to wait till I see a trailer", saw the trailer and it piqued my interest saw the first couple of episodes and I really enjoyed it. I could tell that the team wanted to try something new by making the show be somewhat of a prequel seeing how the turtles became the turtles we know and they were some ideas I wouldn't mind or would like to see come back up in a future series like the Mystic city.

Was this show everyone's cup of tea ? no, but was it interesting and had it's moments ? yes, I feel like this show is going to be the "The Batman" or 'Beware the Batman" of the turtle's franchise. In that when it first came out most people especially hard core fans sort of dismiss it and only until after a year or two after cancellation did it get some more traction to eventually people will be saying "You know what that show wasn't so bad" but that's my opinion on that. Goodbye Rise, I hope you get some justice from that Netflix's movie and I'm looking forward to where this franchise goes.

Last edited by Torterra; 08-08-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:04 PM   #48
Leo656
The Franchise

It "piqued" your interest.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:38 AM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
But why even bother with a Netflix movie at this point?
Didn't that get debunked as fake news? I don't remember.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:22 AM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
https://i.ibb.co/xMbRSTw/meme.jpg

Didn't that get debunked as fake news? I don't remember.
That meme's a good'n.

At least the speculation about the series' fate can be put to bed. I mean, it was only "speculation" to people who delusionally cling to hope and ignore all physical evidence, but at least it's confirmed. The thing's been dead all year long, the "coroner" was merely too sheepish to make it official. Because nobody at Nick has any balls.

I think the movie is still supposedly happening, but I have a feeling it will depend greatly on just how much of it they already have in the can. And if/when it comes out I don't think it's going to be exactly the same thing they envisioned when they announced it. It will probably have some of the stuff that was outlined for the remaining unproduced episodes stuffed into it, for starters, in addition to whatever else they were going to use to wrap things up.

If they've already started working on it and it's at least partway done, it'll probably come out. If they'd barely started on it, then maybe not. I've said this before but multiple, conflicting TMNT movie projects happening at the same time or even close together doesn't fit their model at all. So if the production of the Rise movie didn't get far, it wouldn't be a shock to see them very quietly sweep it under the rug.

Let's be blunt and completely honest; in less than 5 years even Nick is gonna pretend the whole series never happened. There's no way that DOESN'T happen. So in deference to that inevitability, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they ended up abandoning the Rise movie. Literally the only reason to even do it at all, is because they made a lot of noise about it back when they thought the show had a future. I wouldn't hold them to it. But we'll see.

If it does come out, I don't predict Nickelodeon throwing a parade over it. At this point it's a project of obligation more than anything. If they're even still doing it.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:23 AM   #51
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No, that was a live action series that was debunked. The 'Rise' Netflix articles were real. Presumably still is. The end of this show did allude to it even.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:52 AM   #52
Leo656
The Franchise

Andrew may also have been thinking of the fabled "third Platinum Dunes movie, which was gonna be another reboot". Which wasn't so much "officially debunked" but really doesn't need to be. That thing was never gonna happen, I doubt it even exists on paper anywhere.

Christ, if we're not at the point where this franchise has more cancelled/abandoned projects than ones that actually saw the light of day, we'll be there in a few weeks at this rate.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #53
Torterra
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It "piqued" your interest.
Thank you for that was mistake on my way lol
Old 08-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #54
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torterra View Post
Was this show everyone's cup of tea ? no, but was it interesting and had it's moments ? yes, I feel like this show is going to be the "Batman Brave and the Bold" of the turtle's franchise. In that when it first came out most people especially hard core fans sort of dismiss it and only until after a year or two after cancellation did it get some more traction to eventually people will be saying "You know what that show wasn't so bad" but that's my opinion on that. Goodbye Rise, I hope you get some justice from that Netflix's movie and I'm looking forward to where this franchise goes.
Brave and the Bold was true to what Batman was in the gold and silver age. It won a lot of people over pretty quickly with the Planet-X episode because it was something modern fans knew from Morrisons run and then the Batmite episode which directly addressed the grievances that fans had by the time Chill of the Night came out I think it had won a lot of people over as a valid take on the character.

I can't speak a lot for Rise but it clearly has little to do with any pre-existing version of TMNT except that it takes unpopular elements that previous versions have used to make the concept fresh and puts them all one one product.

It's possible it's good, to my shame I quite like TMNT Fast Forward but aside from a few episodes it really doesn't 'feel' like TMNT. Maybe I 'll give Rise a second try but one day but I doubt it will ever be TMNT for me.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:30 PM   #55
Cowa
Random Punk

Location: I'm pretty sure I'm living somewhere inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
IMDB's rating is only low because people like Benz here don't like change and/or shows that are targeted at people 20 years their junior. They mark it low 'cause they're angry they aren't being catered to.
Or maybe people just don't think the show is good? I tried really hard to like it, but... Yeap, not something I'd call "good".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I don't wish any ill-will on anyone who is either working on the show or a fan of it.

But from a selfish, human, perspective, I am more than glad to see this show fail, because it will send the message to Nick and Viacom that this is not the ideal way to handle the franchise. It's about as far away from traditional as you can get, which is not what I want. And hey, if you read my posts around here, you should know I'm pretty open-minded with adaptions, but this is just a bridge too far.
I second that! I feel bad for the Rise team and the fans, but I was afraid that the show would be a huge hit and the future iterations would be based on ROTTMNT. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to belittle Rise, it's just that some of the elements of this show don't suit my taste.

Quote:
It's rather unfortunate that they made him that way. In the beginning I really thought it seemed like he was just rather witty and maybe the best of the group in that way and potentially a 4th wall breaker in observation of the other three...but then it became apparent that it isn't witty humor, he's just a jerk. What has became of sweet, good hearted Donnie...
For me it's exactly the opposite, I love a moody, arrogant Donatello. Sweet Donnie is way too perfect, I liked it better when they have flaws.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:43 PM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh god, but why those flaws. lol Eh, typical sweet Donnie does have his own flaws too.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:08 AM   #57
Cowa
Random Punk

Location: I'm pretty sure I'm living somewhere inside my mind
Quote:
Oh god, but why those flaws. lol Eh, typical sweet Donnie does have his own flaws too.
Just out of curiosity, what would be Rise Donnie flaws in your opinion? And what you see as "flaws" in all the "sweet" Donnies?
Old 08-11-2020, 01:48 PM   #58
Torterra
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowa View Post
Just out of curiosity, what would be Rise Donnie flaws in your opinion? And what you see as "flaws" in all the "sweet" Donnies?
The only flaws I know Rise Donnie has that people point out about him is that he's arrogant and sort of a jerk to everyone. But I like that about this Donnie, the show have brought this up a couple of times in the series that the reason he does this is because he's suppose to be the smart one and if you take that away from him what does he have left? as well as having daddy issues apparently but I don't know the flaws for "sweet" Donnie
Old 08-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #59
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torterra View Post
The only flaws I know Rise Donnie has that people point out about him is that he's arrogant and sort of a jerk to everyone. But I like that about this Donnie, the show have brought this up a couple of times in the series that the reason he does this is because he's suppose to be the smart one and if you take that away from him what does he have left? as well as having daddy issues apparently but I don't know the flaws for "sweet" Donnie
I like some of the things they did with Donnie, though I didn't like how he would use "Bootyshaker3000" as a password. Or having a drone that is just programmed to favor him over the others.

I mean, 2012 Donnie could be obsessive and arrogant at times, but that was mostly because he really had trouble with socializing with his brothers and other people. After all he's used being cut off from everyone due to his inteligence. Much of the time when he is socializing with his family he's either working on his lap top or involved in some project while the rest of the time he's hold up on his lab. And the times he would point out his intelligence was more of a cry for attention then actual self-absorption.

You take away the Ninja and he's just the smart one.

This version of Donnie has trouble socializing or understanding his brothers as well. But his attitude is "I'm the smartest person in the room, that makes me better then all of you." April appears the be the only person he really sees as a friend and even then you don't understand that dynamic.

Still, even when he does something wrong he feigns ignorance of it. Such as when April had him fix up that Chuck E. Cheese rip off and he does more then fix it he "Improves it". Then later when Leo points that out Donnie's like "Sorry, that doesn't sound like something I would do."

Last edited by victory_angel; 08-11-2020 at 02:33 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #60
Leo656
The Franchise

Sooooo, they basically turned Donnie into that asshole from "Big Bang Theory"?