The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #281
Leo656
The Franchise

They absolutely kept their cards close to the vest as long as possible last time in order to minimize the collateral damage. No doubt about it. Every single thing that had leaked out was met with "Ew, that's awful", from the Blue Door script to the character designs. At some point, you just stop showing people things and ruining your own buzz.

This time, they're clearly trying to show right from the start how different this one is from the first, to try and get back some goodwill. All superficial "improvements" and I'm not won over so easily.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 07-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #282
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
They absolutely kept their cards close to the vest as long as possible last time in order to minimize the collateral damage. No doubt about it. Every single thing that had leaked out was met with "Ew, that's awful", from the Blue Door script to the character designs. At some point, you just stop showing people things and ruining your own buzz.

This time, they're clearly trying to show right from the start how different this one is from the first, to try and get back some goodwill. All superficial "improvements" and I'm not won over so easily.
I'm not going to give points to the sequel to an awful Ninja Turtles movie for actually including NINJAS this time around.

Ninjas, for all we know, that might have very limited amounts of screen time.

Not to mention everything else they're already screwing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #283
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I expect that the lack of promotion and that we got the trailers and character posters quite late for the first movie, was because of they were still getting the turtles CGI designs right, reshoots and changing Shredder, so making the fist movie didn't go smoothly.

When this movie fully wraps filming and possibly no reshoots, changes to the script ect and also we know what the turtles are going to be like, they probably might make a few modifications to them. So if pre production goes smoothly and quickly with no problems. There might be possibilty we could get character posters, teaser trailer ect at the NYCC.
Well, the models would have had to have been done well before then, the rendering time of getting them in there would take a while, foolish to cut that part too closely. This time though they've also got extra characters to get in there and possibly longer render time for it. Reshoot could still happen if they simply aren't happy with a shot.

Although I recall it was highly suspected last time that they also held off showing us anything until after that last Transformer's movie got it's trailers and opening out of the way before showing us much of anything, and did seem sorta true. Maybe they won't wait so long next year.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #284
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Micheal bay's Twitter just posted this Michael Bay ‏@michaelbay 45s46 seconds ago

Just wrapped my movie in Morocco! Summertime! https://instagram.com/p/5DBpRSIWn5/

Guess he wasn't dealing with turtles as much
Old 07-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #285
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

I don't think they are really showing us now. Yes they are reaping some slightly positive publicity by having scenes filmed in some pretty public places thus we can see just enough to notice "hey that looks like the old cartoon".

That's pretty much what they did with the first movie. At a glance it looks faithful but then look a bit deeper and you can see the signs. That's why once again they not really showing us. Heck there's no reason we can't have a teaser trailer now since there's human characters (this time ones we actually care about) in the sequel it could be Oroku Saki delivering a speech about vengeance, Baxter talking about experiments, glimpses into Casey Jones, there'd certainly be enough VFX of whatever their big action set piece to show something.

They're still trying suppress anything that might show that this isn't a more faithful take which is what they telling us but not really showing. I also imagine that Paramount doesn't want to allocate a whole lot of money to a movie which may not do the huge numbers to justify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Micheal bay's Twitter just posted this Michael Bay ‏@michaelbay 45s46 seconds ago

Just wrapped my movie in Morocco! Summertime! https://instagram.com/p/5DBpRSIWn5/

Guess he wasn't dealing with turtles as much
That's what people were saying with the first movie. He was busy with Transformers 4 and that there was no way he could have that big of an impact on the movie. As it turns out not only was the biggest driving force on designs of the characters (straight from Pablo Helman's mouth) but then had a good portion of the movie rewritten and re-shot because he didn't like it.

I would bet good money he is more involved with this movie than the first. No one is going to trust a guy with one found footage style movie under his belt to helm a big franchise movie and certainly Megan Fox in rather blatant outfits designed to titillate, flashy cars and and cameos with sports stars and Victoria Secret models screams Bay.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:36 PM   #286
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I don't think they are really showing us now. Yes they are reaping some slightly positive publicity by having scenes filmed in some pretty public places thus we can see just enough to notice "hey that looks like the old cartoon".

That's pretty much what they did with the first movie. At a glance it looks faithful but then look a bit deeper and you can see the signs. That's why once again they not really showing us. Heck there's no reason we can't have a teaser trailer now since there's human characters (this time ones we actually care about) in the sequel it could be Oroku Saki delivering a speech about vengeance, Baxter talking about experiments, glimpses into Casey Jones, there'd certainly be enough VFX of whatever their big action set piece to show something.

They're still trying suppress anything that might show that this isn't a more faithful take which is what they telling us but not really showing. I also imagine that Paramount doesn't want to allocate a whole lot of money to a movie which may not do the huge numbers to justify it.

That's what people were saying with the first movie. He was busy with Transformers 4 and that there was no way he could have that big of an impact on the movie. As it turns out not only was the biggest driving force on designs of the characters (straight from Pablo Helman's mouth) but then had a good portion of the movie rewritten and re-shot because he didn't like it.

I would bet good money he is more involved with this movie than the first. No one is going to trust a guy with one found footage style movie under his belt to helm a big franchise movie and certainly Megan Fox in rather blatant outfits designed to titillate, flashy cars and and cameos with sports stars and Victoria Secret models screams Bay.
This. Yes this exactly.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:36 PM   #287
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

PD speaks of a TMNT movie like this

or this

or this

but instead we got

The designs wouldn't look to horrid (I still don't like them) if they looked something more like this.
Spoiler:
Old 07-12-2015, 11:53 PM   #288
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

He literally took the designs and said, "Great, now times it by 3." If Bay has all of these ideas for cool action sequences, make an original ****ing movie. The only reason why he buys properties like Transformers and TMNT is so that way he can make money for people to see those action sequences. God, I hope that once the Bay TMNT trilogy is complete, we'll get a reboot. A reboot that follows the source material.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:29 AM   #289
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
The only reason why he buys properties like Transformers and TMNT is so that way he can make money for people to see those action sequences.
He didn't seek these properties out. Paramount came to him because they know he can spin almost anything into box office gold.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #290
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
I hope that once the Bay TMNT trilogy is complete, we'll get a reboot. A reboot that follows the source material.
I think it all depends on the box office sells. It will definitely make money but hopefully it will be less than what the last one made. With so many movies coming out in 2016, we can only hope.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #291
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

If all the TMNT movies are successful, What if the studio decides to hire a team of writers, Like they did for Transformers, And create a TMNT cinematic universe? Maybe someday we'll have a Mighty Mutanimals movie.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #292
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
If all the TMNT movies are successful, What if the studio decides to hire a team of writers, Like they did for Transformers, And create a TMNT cinematic universe? Maybe someday we'll have a Mighty Mutanimals movie.
I think the more likely thing is a crossover with Transformers.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 07-13-2015, 09:40 AM   #293
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

A TMNTCU wouldn't work, because at the end of the day, it all comes down to the brothers. A Mighty Mutanimals spin-off could work, but that's about it. Transformers has a vast amount of characters... but they're going to basically make 12 movies centered on humans, so it's really not going to be a Transformers cinematic universe. Every company thinks they need one: You really don't. Unless you use all of/a vast majority of the characters from a certain comic group, it really doesn't work.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:11 AM   #294
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
A TMNTCU wouldn't work, because at the end of the day, it all comes down to the brothers. A Mighty Mutanimals spin-off could work, but that's about it. Transformers has a vast amount of characters... but they're going to basically make 12 movies centered on humans, so it's really not going to be a Transformers cinematic universe. Every company thinks they need one: You really don't. Unless you use all of/a vast majority of the characters from a certain comic group, it really doesn't work.
Cinematic Universes don't work unless you're a comic book publisher famous for multiple unique characters.

That limits you to:

DC Comics (Justice League)
Marvel Comics (Avengers, X-Men)

Spiderman by himself cannot support a CU. Nor can the TMNT. Rather, they can enjoy a film series with maybe 1 spinoff.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #295
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Cinematic Universes don't work unless you're a comic book publisher famous for multiple unique characters.

That limits you to:

DC Comics (Justice League)
Marvel Comics (Avengers, X-Men)

Spiderman by himself cannot support a CU. Nor can the TMNT. Rather, they can enjoy a film series with maybe 1 spinoff.
Exactly. The Transformers "could" because the cast shifts all the time due to the massive amount of Transformers characters. But properties like Spider-Man and the TMNT? There's no need for it.

Plus, we've already had a TMNT spin-off in 2014. It's called April: The Movie.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #296
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
That would literally be the dumbest idea since Sony's proposed Spider-Man Cinematic Universe.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:16 AM   #297
Vicky82
Emperor

I would love to see a TMNT cinematic universe but it aint going to happen because there won't enough to do, there would only be TMNT sequels, Mutaninals and maybe a Usagi movie (if there was deal with Stan), that would be it.

DC and Marvel can do it because there universe is so huge.

I don't like the idea of a Transformers universe, it sounds stupid.

Last edited by Vicky82; 07-13-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #298
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I would love to see a TMNT cinematic universe but it aint going to happen because there won't enough to do, there would only be TMNT sequels, Mutaninals and maybe a Usagi movie (if there was deal with Stan), that would be it.

DC and Marvel can do it because there universe is so huge.

I don't like the idea of a Transformers universe, it sounds stupid.
I would like an Usagi Yojimbo movie too, It would have to be all CGI.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #299
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only if Leo gets to be in part of it.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #300
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
How dare you insult the TMNT anime & compare it to Bayturtles.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation