The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 07:57 PM   #1001
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Aaaaannnnnd this thread has reached 1000 posts.

Not looking too good but I guess it could always be worse.

Carry on.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:11 PM   #1002
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Shark_Blade, I'm not hating all men. I just don't think that powerful people who use their power/position to abuse others should be able to have special opportunities available to/for them.

That includes actors/actresses.
She's right ya know.....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #1003
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Just got out of finally seeing the movie and good lord ... what a steaming pile of crap this was. No wonder this is doing so bad.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 AM   #1004
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Just got out of finally seeing the movie and good lord ... what a steaming pile of crap this was. No wonder this is doing so bad.
There's really no apologizing the way out of it. It's a stinker on almost every level. Even levels that I thought would be awesome, like musically.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:13 AM   #1005
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's really no apologizing the way out of it. It's a stinker on almost every level. Even levels that I thought would be awesome, like musically.
Yeah man, it’s almost shocking how safe, uninspired and all in all bland it ended up being.

Honestly, even the music dragged it down as I couldn’t take any of Elfman’s music cues at face value cause they just made the film seem so dated. I don’t know, it’s hard to explain ... Plus, those covers were terrible.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #1006
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Plus, those covers were terrible.
Yeah, the whole "Come Together Right Now" was pretty annoying. It felt more like it was the studio demanding that of their FAKE Justice League than a song. WB to JL: "Come together RIGHT NOW! Not after any solo movies!!"
Old 11-29-2017, 10:23 AM   #1007
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

How much longer do you guys think they'll continue this universe?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:25 AM   #1008
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Aquaman and WW2 will definitely continue it. The real test will be what final form Matt Reeve's "The Batman" will take. If it truly is "Young Batman, new actor, we're not worried about anything in the other movies" then... that doesn't bode well for anything else.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:32 AM   #1009
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
I'm not surprised. Everything was riding on this movie and everyone knows it. This was the big DCEU payoff movie, make or break.
This does make sense, this was suppose to be their big payoff. I am still just blown away how hypocritical fans are with this movie and Marvel Movies of similar caliber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
If this was a Marvel movie, you would have been more invested in the characters since Flash and Cyborg would have had their own movies. And they wouldn't have been stupid enough to 'kill' Superman in a previous movie to waste precious time here with his non-surprise revival.
?????? That would be a good point...... Except half the avengers don't have their own movies Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Vision.....ect....
And Civil War was an Entire waste of a Movie plot wise it literally went from the avengers being held accountable to Tony Stark wanting vengeance for his parents.

Civil War was worse than this movie any many aspects and was also suppose to be this epic event, but fell flat, but did not receive near the criticism that Justice League has gotten. Thats what really got me scratching my head his the double standard I am seeing with the comic book community
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #1010
sdp
-

Justice League didn't need solo films set up before, everyone knows who Batman and Superman are and the others can be introduced in the movie, it worked for the cartoon and it would work in a film.

The problem is WB had no idea what they wanted for the universe, a "Young" DCU? A "mature" DCU? We have an older Batman when Superman has only begun operating, they adapt death of superman and dark knight returns before they "begin" the universe.

They should've just gone all out with "yeah we know you're tired of origin movies and we're going right down to the good stuff". Inconsistency everywhere trying to catch up to Marvel by changing their plans when something didn't hit as they wanted instead of doing their own thing was their Achilles heel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Not even WB knows.

I'm guessing solo movies that don't hint to a larger DCEU, Aquaman bombing would jeopardize any non-batman/wonder woman projects.

If Flashpoint gets made they might use it to "soft"reboot the DCEU and make all the same mistakes again.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #1011
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, the whole "Come Together Right Now" was pretty annoying. It felt more like it was the studio demanding that of their FAKE Justice League than a song. WB to JL: "Come together RIGHT NOW! Not after any solo movies!!"
LOLOLOLOLOL. So true.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #1012
Vegita-San
Emperor

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ed-zack-snyder

Maybe Grim and gritty wasn't entirely all snyders vision. Seems WB wants to go that way too.

Although I'd much rather see a lighter justice leauge personally.

I'm tired of grim and gritty.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:36 AM   #1013
ZariusTwo
Overlord

As with Wonder Woman, Lebanon has banned JL due to Gadot's past with the Israeli military

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...-wonder-woman/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #1014
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

https://batman-news.com/2017/11/29/j...r-warner-bros/

Who'd have thought a Justice League movie would be such a debacle... goes to show, it's not Zach Snyder's fault, it's Warner Brothers' fault.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #1015
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I just read that the studio wanted to fire Snyder after BvS wasn't received well but they decided that preproduction was already too far along, coupled with a deal of some kind that would've prevented some executives from getting bonuses if he'd been fired. Hot ass mess

Edit: yup, that was it Cylons
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:26 AM   #1016
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Jesus christ. What a bunch of miserable bastards.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #1017
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The weird thing for me is that I don't see WB making these huge missteps and screw-ups on other franchises, just the DCEU... like, the Harry Potter franchise and the Tolkien franchise both seemed to do just fine.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:49 AM   #1018
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
The weird thing for me is that I don't see WB making these huge missteps and screw-ups on other franchises, just the DCEU... like, the Harry Potter franchise and the Tolkien franchise both seemed to do just fine.
Wellllll, I would argue that there was at least some amount of stumbling involved with adapting those book series to film, but that's me being nitpicky. The Harry Potter series was my favorite growing up, so I couldn't forgive all the changes they had to make to adapt them to film (no Peeves!?!? what!?!?).

As far as Lord of the Rings goes, it is a pretty good film series and actually improves upon some of the story's pacing, in my opinion (except for the very end of The Return of the King, which dragged on a bit). The Hobbit films though, those suck. A lot. A whooole lot. I think they would have fared better if they hadn't tried to mimic the same High Fantasy tone as the main LOTR series, and not milked it into three separate, two-plus hour films. The original idea I heard about, adapting the Hobbit book into one film and then doing another film to connect it to the LOTR films sounded a lot better on paper, but "everything must be a trilogy" seems to be the prevailing thought among studio execs these days. Oh well
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #1019
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Wellllll, I would argue that there was at least some amount of stumbling involved with adapting those book series to film, but that's me being nitpicky. The Harry Potter series was my favorite growing up, so I couldn't forgive all the changes they had to make to adapt them to film (no Peeves!?!? what!?!?).

As far as Lord of the Rings goes, it is a pretty good film series and actually improves upon some of the story's pacing, in my opinion (except for the very end of The Return of the King, which dragged on a bit). The Hobbit films though, those suck. A lot. A whooole lot. I think they would have fared better if they hadn't tried to mimic the same High Fantasy tone as the main LOTR series, and not milked it into three separate, two-plus hour films. The original idea I heard about, adapting the Hobbit book into one film and then doing another film to connect it to the LOTR films sounded a lot better on paper, but "everything must be a trilogy" seems to be the prevailing thought among studio execs these days. Oh well
I still have yet to finish the Hobbit trilogy. I watched the regular, non-extended versions of 1 and 2, then started to watch a DVD screener of "The Battle of the Five Armies" but sort of lost interest in it about 10 minutes in.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-30-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #1020
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Can we let Marvel/Disney get the DC movie verse at this point