The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

How long could a real life Casey Jones last before being killed or arrested?

Let's say someone in real life decided to do what Casey Jones did, and puts on a hockey mask and takes golf clubs and baseball bats to "clean up crime," and get "filthy criminal scum off the streets."

To make things fair the guy is reasonably well-buffed and athletic and has muscles, and to make things more realistic at least wears a bullet proof vest under his shirt. But other than that no real protection, and his only weapons are the stuff Casey uses.

Likewise in real life a guy doesn't just stand around waiting for some guy to steal an old lady's purse or wait for two guys to rob a bank like you see in comics/cartoons, a real life Casey Jones would likely be heading toward seedy underbelly drug-infested crime areas, "in da hood," and purposely seek out drug dealers or people with known criminal activity to stop them. So it's one guy versus like...10-15+ or however many guys are there.

How long could a real life Casey Jones last before he's either killed or the police arrest him?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #2
cloud
Stone Warrior

a week maybe. He even uses his real name. Not hard for the police to find.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Does he surrender peacefully if the cops get him?

Because I would predict violent death by policemen when he won't stand down.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Once the police arrested him, they would probably be attacked by an angry mob demanding him to be freed.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:36 PM   #5
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
a week maybe. He even uses his real name. Not hard for the police to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Does he surrender peacefully if the cops get him?

Because I would predict violent death by policemen when he won't stand down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Once the police arrested him, they would probably be attacked by an angry mob demanding him to be freed.
So I guess most of you guys don't realize this, but you can actually make citizens arrest legally. In Ohio any citizen can make a felony arrest. Its how the Highway patrol makes arrest, bc they are legally cops.

So the police really couldn't do anything unless they actually see him commit a crime himself. Bad guys would kill him first. He might last a while, but eventually I imagine he would be killed by bad guys.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:47 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

You know, with everything having to be political or a movement, it can never be, well this guy did this just because.... I wouldn't be surprised if nowadays Casey Jones would unintentionally start a movement. Either he manages to beat up some thugs and save a life, or he gets gunned down on his first night, granted it's caught on film well...

If he succeeds people will probably start some sort of #takebackthestreetsyourself movement or some crap that will inspire a lot more vigilantees running around, for better or for worse.

If he is gunned down, that might be the incident that was the last straw and it starts some sort of #getcrimeoutofthehood movement or whatever where people start to fight back against the gangs.

Of course the politicians and powers at be will use either movement to further their agenda and line their pockets, maybe say it's the Mexicans fault and somehow the wall was involved, I dunno. I just get the feeling Casey Jones would have unintentionally have started some sort of movement or hashtag.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Ever read Kick-Ass? Dave's very first attempt to take the law into his own hands (confronting graffiti taggers) ends up in him getting kicked in the balls, punched in the face, kicked while lying down, stabbed in the lung, run over by a car and he only survives because of swift medical intervention. Then throughout the rest of the series he basically survives by fighting dirty, taking far lower risks and generally getting lucky.

Kick-Ass (in general) is a pretty decent depiction of what characters like Casey Jones would be like in real life: A bunch of bored, stupid/insane, violent losers who don't know what they're doing.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
Mr Salk
Thug

He doesn't pack heat...so one instance.
Mr Salk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #9
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

I give him a day before he gets killed. Or his first encounter with criminals. These guys mostly likely will be packing some heat, and no a Hockey mask is not going to stop a bullet.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:46 AM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah, sadly he'd be gunned down real quick. Unlike cartoon where most punks just carry knives and bats and the occasional one will have a gun, here they'll all be packing heat.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-13-2019, 09:55 PM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I like how we're all agreed that he'd never last as long as he actually did
Old 07-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #12
AquaParade
Banned

I'm massively entertained by real-life superheroes. It's so bizarre. Keep them coming.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #13
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Missed this thread. lol

I think if it was Casey Jones now...he'd get caught pretty quickly. Everyone has a phone. If he does his whole vigilante thing and someone nearby hears him or comes across it and records it and make it publicly known, there's a chance that someone (his family maybe?) would recognize him. The cops may also have something to go by because come on...we know Casey isn't the type to sit around and not do the vigilante thing even if he was plastered all over the place, imo.

In the past...he has more of a chance because it was easier for people to kind of be a bit incognito because people's lives wasn't out there for all to see. I still think he'd get caught pretty quickly if the cops put two and two together, or if the criminals start blabbing on about a guy named "Casey Jones" beating them up...then again, Casey beats them up with sporting equipment...would they have the brain cells left to even give that much information?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:51 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Honestly the world has gotten so 'cameras everywhere', the Ninja Turtles themselves wouldn't be able to function. They'd literally be exposed to the world their very first night out. Depending on how humanoid 'real-life' ninja turtles would look, they'd probably be able to get away with 'they're just weird guys in costumes' for the first day or so before someone realizes they're actual mutated animals.

I'm thinking at the rate the world is moving, more and more modern cartoons and heroes that deal with secret identities have to to kinda ignore the fact that everyone has a cellphone with a camera on it or have it take place in the 80's and 90's before such technology existed.

Old 07-15-2020, 02:33 AM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The Turtles would know to only operate at night time... also only in the shadow. And they're trained ninja... avoiding random people with cell phones should be easy. City cams and such? They'd figure out where they are and know to avoid. It's not rocket science.

Maybe Donnie could figure out a small yield EMP-type device to knock out nearby devices/cameras/phones. My dad did that 15 years ago (for phones anyway), I'm pretty sure Donnie could, too.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:39 PM   #16
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Not very long, especially without the threat of a weapon that fires projectiles But if he were to set up a high performance sport bike near where he is doing the vigilante stuff and he could get to it before getting shot up, then he might have a good chance of avoiding getting caught up.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:54 AM   #17
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

He’s a man in Sports Equipment.
I give him 2 months at the absolute most before randomly getting gunned down in an alley
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote