The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #21
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Look I don't have any problem with him not getting the job. He said some really awful things in a previous podcast that resurfaced.

New ‘Jeopardy!’ Host Mike Richards Made Sexist Comments in Resurfaced Podcast

They were so provocative and unfunny that Anti-Defamation League was calling on him to be investigated.

Anti-Defamation League Calls For Investigation Of ‘Jeopardy!’ Host Mike Richards’ Comments
Keyword in that sentence: resurfaced. It "resurfaced" because he was about to become the host of a game show that had someone incredibly popular pass away. He wasnt wanted as host and this showed. Also you seem to be in the camp of "lets bring up every misdeed someone's ever done" based on how many links youre posting. It's time to move on.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:36 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Naturally all of this is brought up just as he was about to host.

So is there some 'cancel team' in the payroll or something? "Someone we don't like is going to do something we don't like. Quick, scour the internet for any remotely bad thing they said or tweeted going back since the internet was a thing. I want whatever it is to be trending and on everybody's lips first thing in the morning. I want this person cancelled IMMEDIATELY".
Pretty much, yeah.

Ridiculous.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:38 AM   #23
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

So is there some 'cancel team' in the payroll or something? "Someone we don't like is going to do something we don't like. Quick, scour the internet for any remotely bad thing they said or tweeted going back since the internet was a thing. I want whatever it is to be trending and on everybody's lips first thing in the morning. I want this person cancelled IMMEDIATELY".
He fired a fan favorite model while pregnant and didn't hire her back IIRC.
He made the show practically unwatchable with george grey and drew carey.

He hired HIMSELF as his own host.

the guy seems like typical hollywood slime, and not just because he's a 'rich white guy'.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:32 PM   #24
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Keyword in that sentence: resurfaced. It "resurfaced" because he was about to become the host of a game show that had someone incredibly popular pass away. He wasnt wanted as host and this showed. Also you seem to be in the camp of "lets bring up every misdeed someone's ever done" based on how many links youre posting. It's time to move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Pretty much, yeah.

Ridiculous.
Another thing is that he did this podcast after the lawsuits were filed against him during his time on The Price is Right. He clearly never learned from his mistakes with the things he was saying on the episodes. When he was releasing these apologies, he came across as very disingenuous. Ken Jennings said some bad things on Twitter in the past, but when he released a statement after they resurfaced he seemed like he genuinely regretted saying them. My experience of seeing the kind of behavior that the contestants and George Gray showed in the 2002 syndicated edition of Weakest Link, a series that Richards served as an executive producer, showed what a slime-ball and weirdo Richards is.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 08-21-2021 at 03:39 PM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 05:28 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Look I don't have any problem with him not getting the job. He said some really awful things in a previous podcast that resurfaced.
I just read the "horrible things" he said.

Pffffft!!!! Big surprise, it turns out to be a great big "WHO CARES?!?!"

Quote:
Another thing is that he did this podcast after the lawsuits were filed against him during his time on The Price is Right.
So what? People get sued all the time. That's not like a scarlet letter. Not that it matters, but do we even know if he LOST said lawsuits?
Old 08-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #26
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

There are sources saying that Richards didn't really hire himself. The one who ultimately decided on it was Sony Pictures Entertainment chairman and CEO Tony Vinciquerra.

Quote:
(Richards and Sony have insisted that he had no say in the process, and CNN reported the decision was ultimately made by Sony Pictures Entertainment chairman and CEO Tony Vinciquerra.)
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...211444919.html

Vinciquerra making the call is also mentioned in this video.

Still, with all of this drama going on I really don't know what to believe. Richards very well could've hired himself.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:17 PM   #27
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Ken Jennings is now the favorite to become the syndicated host.

https://screenrant.com/jeopardy-ken-...richards-exit/

Mayim Bialik will serve as a temporary host of the syndicated show for three weeks.

https://ew.com/tv/mayim-bialik-jeopa...richards-exit/
Old 08-23-2021, 03:38 PM   #28
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I thought Jennings was canceled by association over "Bean Dad" back in January...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:40 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"You know, I really thought your apology last week was a good one. But now that I see the kind of people you promote I'm not sure you meant a word of it," one woman responded, along with screenshots of Roderick's offensive tweets.

So utterly predictable. WHY apologize? It NEVER works with these people.
Old 08-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #30
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

And if you dig deep enough I'm sure you'll find something, somewhere that anyone said that doesn't jive with modern societal mores.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:31 PM   #31
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Richards had to have a virtual meeting with the staff of both Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune to apologize for everything that has happened. Sony's TV boss was in attendance as well.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/mike-ri...ny-1234820439/
Old 08-23-2021, 09:37 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Richards had to have a virtual meeting with the staff of both Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune to apologize for everything that has happened. Sony's TV boss was in attendance as well.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/mike-ri...ny-1234820439/
More apologizing? Jesus. Stop!
Old 08-23-2021, 09:57 PM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

These people just never learn. Never apologize, just tough it out until they forget about you and go back to attacking Chris Pratt, Gina Carano and Johnny Depp.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:44 AM   #34
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Now apparently Sony wants Mayim Bilalik full-time for the syndicated version as well and they are trying to work out her schedule.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/24/jeopa...her-full-time/
Old 08-24-2021, 09:26 AM   #35
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Now apparently Sony wants Mayim Bilalik full-time for the syndicated version as well and they are trying to work out her schedule.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/24/jeopa...her-full-time/
I read she was a 3 week interim and it was Ken Jennings to lose.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:21 AM   #36
The Deadman
Foot Elite

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...dy-cancel.html

Good

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:45 AM   #37
Vegita-San
Emperor

The Pro Israel stuff used to be a good thing in the world. now thanks to twitter, not so much. no one in that conflict looks good, so I'd just ignore it altogether.

what's so wrong with being anti vax? if that's what they believe, so be it. some things are developed so quick, it's right to be cautious about them.

as for the dustin hoffman thing....if it's proven without a shadow of a doubt he's guilty, yeah, that's wrong to give him a job as a 'come back' tour. but, fudge...this is hollywood. Mel Gibson is working again and seems to be forgiven. why is this any different than that?

Thanks to twitter, you'll never find someone to replace alex, and based on his past performance, I just don't think levar burton will be it.

no one will ever please twitter.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

a) "I believe vaccines are secret tools of the government to implant ______ and/or do _______!"

b) "I believe everyone has the right to choose whether or not to vaccinate. Hopefully they weigh appropriate risk/rewards with the appropriate physician consultation, but ultimately it's their choice."

Somehow both A and B are "anti-vax" to leftist ideologues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
The Pro Israel stuff used to be a good thing in the world. now thanks to twitter, not so much. no one in that conflict looks good, so I'd just ignore it altogether.
It's not too hard to understand. Hamas is a straight up terrorist group that hides within innocent Palestian people, doing regular rocket attacks against Israel. Israel retaliates to defend itself.

Terrorist groups = bad. Hamas = bad. Israel = doing nothing wrong.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:28 PM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

It's not too hard to understand. Hamas is a straight up terrorist group that hides within innocent Palestian people, doing regular rocket attacks against Israel. Israel retaliates to defend itself.

Terrorist groups = bad. Hamas = bad. Israel = doing nothing wrong.
Yeah, but Anti-Semitism runs deep - especially among the Left - and they'll do whatever they can to dress it up as something else. At the end of the day that's most of what the whole "empathize with the people attacking Israel" thing is; Anti-Semitism with a fancy hat.

There's also the whole ridiculous theory that seemingly everyone on the Left subscribes to, where "If you just give the terrorists what they want, they'll go away and everything will be fine!" Which is preposterous, BUT if you really pay attention to who makes up The Left, it's generally people who got bullied mercilessly in school, never learned how to stand up for themselves, and think that appeasement works, which it never does. So it makes sense why they'd think such asinine things, but it doesn't make sense why any rational person would go along.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, but Anti-Semitism runs deep - especially among the Left - and they'll do whatever they can to dress it up as something else. At the end of the day that's most of what the whole "empathize with the people attacking Israel" thing is; Anti-Semitism with a fancy hat.
Oh yes, I 100% agree. AOC and her cronies all refuse to condemn Hamas and all that, too.