The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2021, 06:05 AM   #21
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
The show can be a mixed bag, going on the comments above that is a fair point, it depends how much the things a person doesn't like bothers them. Did the person in question just not really get that interested or did it seem awful to them?

What you go in expecting can affect the outcome too, so if he does go back it's not like he will have high hopes dashed I guess, he's expecting not to care about it much.
When the show first started, we both went into it hating it. He stopped watching, I continued and found things I enjoyed enough to keep me watching.

We've been doing this podcast for two years and are pretty good at going into everything with an open mind, so I still do have hope. Plus, people's tastes change, and it's been 9 years (crazy!).
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:12 AM   #22
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
When the show first started, we both went into it hating it. He stopped watching, I continued and found things I enjoyed enough to keep me watching.

We've been doing this podcast for two years and are pretty good at going into everything with an open mind, so I still do have hope. Plus, people's tastes change, and it's been 9 years (crazy!).
Well, it's part of what you guys do, you'll find out soon enough. Good luck.

Last edited by newfan; 02-19-2021 at 07:18 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #23
Jeff
Stone Warrior

The episode is now up! Thanks for all of the help everyone!

https://talkmeinto.com/dan-day
Old 05-10-2021, 01:23 PM   #24
ABrown
Banned

I'm not the biggest fan of the Nick series, and I don't feel that it's the type of show to select random episodes. However, to answer the question, I would say select a couple of the stories from the final season. There was what, seven different stories to choose from in that season?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:42 PM   #25
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
As much as I legit enjoy TMNT 2012, I have to agree with this. There is a lot of gold in there, but there is also a lot of trash.

Not to mention, the fact
Spoiler:
Mutant Apocalypse is the intended series finale really puts a nail in the coffin for me personally. I dislike the notion that everything they worked for to protect just gets wrecked anyway, and they live miserable lives in a dystopian wasteland (yes, I am aware it gets 'fixed' by finding Paradise, but they still wasted most of their lives apart, and still have to deal with living in a literal shithole in the end and that all their friends are dead).
In a way, it isn't too much different from Mirage's implied future.
Old 05-16-2021, 09:45 PM   #26
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
...He is a Turtles fan, but never got into the Nick show. When it first aired he claimed it was "too kiddie." He gave it an honest try, but couldn't get into it, But that was 9 years ago, and it's time to try harder!...

I've seen the entire series, but not multiple times (like I have with 2k3), so here's where I need help. I need to pick between 3-5 episodes that I'll make Dan watch to convince him to like the show. He likes the "darker", or more mature themes in Turtles, (which this show was rife with) over the super silly stuff (which this show was also drowning in). I think some Karai stuff would be great, but can't narrow it down to 1 or 2 episodes. I also want to add something with Triceratons/Fugitoid (my personal favorite).

If you can suggest however many episodes you think would do the job, it would be greatly appreciated and I'll shout you out on the podcast! We record the first half of the episode in 2 weeks, and the second half (post watch) in 4 weeks.
[/URL]
I don't care this is a little necro, be sure to show him The Gauntlet, as the fight draws heavy inspiration from Mirage.

In general, I'd say show him some of the heavier episodes, such as the aforementioned, as well as Splinter's death. Show him there are real consequences throughout the series.

Do *not* show him the episode where the Turtles come back from the future and then take off into space, therefore making two sets of Turtles existing from there on out.
Old 04-17-2022, 08:27 PM   #27
Jeff
Stone Warrior

I didn't want to start a new thread to self-promote, so I'll use this thread from last year.

My podcast is doing a TMNT miniseries! We're 2 episodes in (of 6) which can be found:

TMNT Comic Books

TMNT TV Shows

This Tuesday we're revisiting last years episode on Nick Turtles, then we're talking about Live Action Movies, Animated Movies, and Video Games. A lot of it is pretty base-level fan stuff, but I think its still a fun handful of episodes.

TALK ME INTO