The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-03-2021, 07:05 PM   #281
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Well that's interesting. And yeah, My Space tried to morph into a music marketing site when everyone abandoned it for Facebook.

I imagine that it's more like a graveyard now for old, untouched profiles.
So yeah, I wasn't aware of the feature you mentioned haha. But sure I remember reading about MySpace back in the mid-2000s on English language forums.

A different thing now, but remember livejournal? Is that still around? I also miss all those geocities, tripod and angelfire webpages people made for their favourite Anime. As mediocre as many of them were, they were made in good faith by teenagers who just wanted to express their love for DBZ or something. They weren't clickbait article type of websites.

Today's Internet is too centralised. Everyone is using the same websites. Fanmade websites and pages are pretty much no longer a thing anymore. That stuff has been replaced by social media.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:27 PM   #282
CyberCubed
Overlord

I already made the other thread in the TMNT section saying twitter and reddit are the main pages everyone goes to these days, besides if you count youtube.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:33 PM   #283
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I already made the other thread in the TMNT section saying twitter and reddit are the main pages everyone goes to these days, besides if you count youtube.
Yes. I once made a thread about the older days of the Internet.

The Internet back in the late 90s/early 2000s felt more like a wild west. As if you were truly surfing on a seemingly endless ocean. You never knew what you were gonna find next. It was such an adventure.

Nowadays everyone visits the same websites and uses the same services. Back when I was a kid people still had ISP emails. Are those even a thing anymore? And if they got a new email they'd pick between Hotmail, Outlook and Yahoo. Nowadays everyone just uses Gmail.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:58 PM   #284
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird to think fansites or blogs were once a thing. Even places like livejournal and devianart are on life support these days, when they were HUGE in the early 2000's.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:31 PM   #285
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Actually, there's an NPR report that admits that vaccines could fuel the COVID mutations.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...irus-mutations

You may not have the symptoms with the vaccine, but even Fauci admits they have no clue about transmissibility and infection.

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus...travel-1558303

Plus, this COVID virus itself is not as dire as the media wants to paint it, as if it's the black plague. COVID is a severe flu, just like with the flu, those who are at high-risk (i.e. immunocompromised individuals, elderly, preexisting conditions) need special precautions. Otherwise, the general healthy population is not at risk similarly compared to the regular flu. If anything the lockdowns are causing more death and devastation with the loss of employment and businesses, while the wealthy elite relish more profits and continue to promote lockdowns.

Right on the CDC's own website, under "Comorbidities and other conditions" it states just over 5% of the deaths, was from COVID-19 being the only cause of death.

And the rate of those surviving from all those infected (symptomatic and asymptomatic) are the following:

https://www.nbc26.com/news/coronavir...ptomatic-cases

So COVID itself is not the problem, when it's more about the corrupted response of the government and Big Business causing such societal devastation and infringement of civil liberties.

Oh...and if you're wondering why the US government is promoting the vaccines so much. Well, the NIH (National Institute of Health) claims joint ownership of Moderna's coronavirus vaccine, so is it no surprise the government keeps advocating for the public to take the vaccine? And guess who's the director of one of the branches of the NIH, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases? That's right, Anthony Fauci.
Thanks for having all the facts & data.

Also, my FB profile pic is flagged with "I sh!t today"... because being regular is more important than the hovid vaxx. I'd change it but I'm suspended for the 3rd or 4th time this year... for 30 days.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:41 AM   #286
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Thanks for having all the facts & data.

Also, my FB profile pic is flagged with "I sh!t today"... because being regular is more important than the hovid vaxx. I'd change it but I'm suspended for the 3rd or 4th time this year... for 30 days.
Yeah...FB needs to go. lol I deleted all my FB content, and deactivated it way back in 2013. I just keep it in case of some very rare chance, I need to connect with some old classmate/friend. Whatever though...

By the way, if you want an additional arsenal of credible resources opposing the mainstream media narrative of covid and the vaccine, here are two websites that can help you out:

https://hereistheevidence.com/covid/
https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion...-covid-vaccine

Together, and with the articles they link up to, they deconstruct the whole covid narrative from the flawed accuracy of the COVID tests (being too sensitive), to the disregard of effective preventatives (i.e. Vitamin C, D, Zinc) and treatments (Ivermectin, and Hydroxychloroquine), to the unneeded social and economic tolls, the government tyranny, to the mysterious rush in authorizing the vaccines in which the data and ingredients have not been shared to third-parties, the shady and criminal history of Big Pharma companies, to the actual survival rate of surviving COVID, the money behind pushing the vaccines, to the widespread censorship against the mainstream narrative, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I had forgotten about that. Now that you've reminded me, that explains everything.

Vitamin D deficiency, though? Cubed says he never got depressed. And lack of vitamin D leads to depression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, but it doesn't have to. And if you're not getting enough sunlight or drinking enough milk, then you absolutely have a Vitamin D deficiency. Most people, in fact, have one, according to some stuff I've read.
Plus, it's also why those with darker complexions (i.e. African-American community) have been hit much harder with COVID-19 fatalities because the higher concentration of melanin in their skin absorbs more of the sun's UV radiation, which thus cannot be used in producing Vitamin D through the synthesis of cholecalciferol (vitamin D3). Combine that with making people stay indoors during lockdown, the Vitamin D deficiency becomes even more severe. Personally, I just take a general multivitamin daily to supplement whatever I don't get in my diet.

If anyone is interested in the heavy data information about Vitamin D improving outcomes with COVID-19, you can find it here. It's a meta-analysis of using 75 studies to support it.

https://vdmeta.com/

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-05-2021 at 01:54 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:38 AM   #287
mrmaczaps
Banned

Lol. I'm suspended still and have been but fascistbook just found another meme thry didn't like and suspended me from advertising (lol) or going live (this one hurts) for 90 days.... a photo in an album they have hidden from me so I can't just go in and delete any of the potentially bad (to them) memes.... it only has like 10k pics... #censorshipisbad
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:34 PM   #288
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What's so strange to me is the number of people on Facebook and otherwise posting pictures of themselves in masks, or making their profile pic "I was just vaccinated!" super boldly and proudly.

Like, what is that all about? I can't wrap my head around it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:52 PM   #289
Leo656
The Franchise

Narcissistic Virtue Signaling. "Look What A Good Person I Am!"

Makes me wanna puke, personally.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:40 AM   #290
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What's so strange to me is the number of people on Facebook and otherwise posting pictures of themselves in masks, or making their profile pic "I was just vaccinated!" super boldly and proudly.

Like, what is that all about? I can't wrap my head around it.
My workplace is doing something similar: get the vaccine, post a video onto the company's FB page / take a selfie, and hope that either of our names gets drawn for a $$$ prize. (It's probably a gift card.)

If I do get vaccinated, it will be my choice and little else. Besides, we get gift cards every so often.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:05 AM   #291
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I mean, I made a post when I got my first round of vaccine (which, at the time is when it was really looking like I would be called back to work and was asked to reapply... they changed their mind when there was the threat of my county going back to Phase 2). But then I make posts about just about anything. When I see a movie. When I play a new game. When I cook something neat.

But there's this palpable sense of, "I just did my part to greatly improve the world!" I feel in almost all of these mask selfies, or the "I'm vaccinated!" profile pics. It's interesting. It's weird, but it's interesting. It's like a mix of "what can I do to generate a whole lot of likes with very little effort" combined with tribalism points. Or something. It's very dumb.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:41 PM   #292
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So it is looking like it WAS made in a lab? Despite FB, Twitter and YouTube banning everyone for even suggesting that over the past year?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...id-19-n1268657
Old 05-26-2021, 02:44 PM   #293
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So it is looking like it WAS made in a lab? Despite FB, Twitter and YouTube banning everyone for even suggesting that?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...id-19-n1268657
Liberal agenda. Any action they can take against a premise or people they don't "like" they will do it. They are disingenuous liars. Don't believe them. Actually anyone who was banned should sue.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:55 PM   #294
Leo656
The Franchise

Anybody with a f*cking brain in their head or any goddamn common sense already knew that.

The biggest f*cking plague we've had in ages just HAPPENS to break out within spitting distance of the largest bio-weapons research lab on the planet, yet there's NO connection at all. Right.

There is NO SUCH THING as "coincidence". Only people who can't connect dots or add two plus two.

Old 05-27-2021, 12:53 PM   #295
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Anybody with a f*cking brain in their head or any goddamn common sense already knew that.

The biggest f*cking plague we've had in ages just HAPPENS to break out within spitting distance of the largest bio-weapons research lab on the planet, yet there's NO connection at all. Right.

There is NO SUCH THING as "coincidence". Only people who can't connect dots or add two plus two.
That as to where it originated, plus the concentration of research staff workers already becoming sick from the Wuhan Lab further fueled the suspicion further back in Feb 2020 of it being lab-made:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...irus-february/

It's impossible through random mutation for a virus to become so suddenly pathogenic for humans from animals when tracking and noticing the progression of transmission. The transmission is traditionally from animal-to-animal first, then animal-to-human, and thirdly from human-to-human transmission. This virus apparently jumped past ALL of those stages to the last stage to human-to-human transmission.

Former President Trump, right side political pundits, and Alex Jones already knew about this 1-1.5 years ago, but they were all deemed as conspiracy theorists and not credible by the mainstream media.

How long will it take for the public to finally grasp not to take the mainstream media news at face value anymore?

Just remember, WHO (World Health Organization) has faked a pandemic in the past. So don't put too much faith in the organization. (Curiously, this article was removed from Forbes in mid-October 2020):
https://archive.ph/EcQqZ

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-27-2021 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Some grammar, and clarification
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:25 PM   #296
AquaParade
Banned

It’s fascinating how either some convince themselves or are somehow convinced by outside forces that there is no reason to further investigate where it came from. I’ve read plenty of comments claiming that we should not discuss it as it will only make race relations worse.

I mean, you don’t want to investigate where the most deadly thing we’ve ever encountered originated from? You are dangerous-stupid and need to be kicked out of our pack. Literally put in a sailboat with some supplies & given a nudge. For the good of the majority.

If anyone uses the evidence to treat Asians in some underserved manner, as if they are responsible, simply for being Asian, that’s a separate issue which also needs to be dealt with.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:05 PM   #297
Leo656
The Franchise

Right?

Also, you can hate a country's government and hold their policies responsible for an atrocity without blaming their people. That's totally allowed. The average Chinese person had nothing to do with this and shouldn't be held in any way responsible.

But yeah, that's the whole reason we "weren't allowed" to blame China, because "Don't Be Racist". The FACT is, they made this sh*t in a lab, and facts operate independently of politics, race-relations, niceties or hurt feelings. That's just the way it is, burying heads in the sand and trying to wish it weren't so just does more harm than good. Because when you ignore the root cause of a problem, it makes it that much harder to find a real solution - and, if necessary, punish those responsible.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that China needs to get a little slap or something for this sh*t? Only fair, in'it? I mean HOW many people are supposedly dead from their little tinker-toy virus? Something ought'a be done, no? Or am I crazy?

Old 05-28-2021, 04:05 AM   #298
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Right?

Also, you can hate a country's government and hold their policies responsible for an atrocity without blaming their people. That's totally allowed. The average Chinese person had nothing to do with this and shouldn't be held in any way responsible.

But yeah, that's the whole reason we "weren't allowed" to blame China, because "Don't Be Racist". The FACT is, they made this sh*t in a lab, and facts operate independently of politics, race-relations, niceties or hurt feelings. That's just the way it is, burying heads in the sand and trying to wish it weren't so just does more harm than good. Because when you ignore the root cause of a problem, it makes it that much harder to find a real solution - and, if necessary, punish those responsible.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that China needs to get a little slap or something for this sh*t? Only fair, in'it? I mean HOW many people are supposedly dead from their little tinker-toy virus? Something ought'a be done, no? Or am I crazy?
All of that would be right if China didn't have America by the balls

I'm sure any any other country would have felt America's wrath but since it just so happened to be China that created the virus we kinda have to pretend they didn't?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:38 AM   #299
Leo656
The Franchise

This is what our love of cheap sneakers and expensive blockbuster movies has wrought.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Old 06-20-2021, 04:17 PM   #300
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think my days of working from home might be numbered. At most I hope we can hold out till after summer.

I really need to find a job where you can work at home 100% of the time. Not having to wake up early, commute for 1-hour front and back, and sit in an office for 8 hours a day is like living the high life. Not to mention at home I'm usually playing videogames or surfing the internet during my work hours most of the time anyway, and of course if I'm sitting in the office I can't do that anymore.