The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Now that Bebop and Rocksteady have appeared in the Nick cartoon and apear to have different backgrounds even accents what makes them similar or different in this iteration. It seems that Nick is giving them more separate identities which is a good thing. Thoughts?
Old 06-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #22
Shark_Blade
Emperor

They're wonderful of course.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #23
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Getting down to it, I've always liked Bebop more than Rocksteady. If either of them would've ever turned on Shredder and Krang, I could see it being him.

Also, Bebop seemed to get the interesting lines, like 4th wall jokes and sometimes I wondered if he was smarter than he ever let on. Seriously, there's that one ep where he wanted to give his opinion on world affairs. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #24
pennydreadful
trash

Definitely better giving them more personality - in the FW cartoon, being generic muscle worked for the medium, time-period and tone of the series, but for appearances in other incarnations, they were sorely in need of an update.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #25
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I also remember the episode where Bebop rearranged the schedule line-up at Channel Six while they were posing as janitors, and they ended up getting promoted to VP's in charge of programming. Rocksteady may have been "in charge" between the two, but Bebop always struck me as the smarter of the pair.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #26
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Bebop likes comic books.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Bebop likes comic books.
They both do. They fought over comics thath each of the two of them claimed was apart of their own collection. That is not an indivual trait. Its just one of the many the two moronic mutants have in common. It is nice to extract traits that are individual to Bebop or Rocksteady especially in older incarnations than Nick though it looks like I may get my wish to them being different from each other. As long Rocksteady is not over Bebop. While I want them to be more separate of each other I want them to also be equals. Bebop is cooler though so I would be more inclined to accept him over Rocksteady.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I like Bebop's human form over Rocksteady, but I like Rocksteady better in general.

He was more of a leader in the OT and got the funnier lines. Although it might also be that I just like rhino's more than warthog's...so his design is cooler.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #29
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I also remember the episode where Bebop rearranged the schedule line-up at Channel Six while they were posing as janitors, and they ended up getting promoted to VP's in charge of programming. Rocksteady may have been "in charge" between the two, but Bebop always struck me as the smarter of the pair.
Yeah, I always had that impression too, that Bebop was the smarter one. Rocksteady was definitely the leader, though.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #30
billbot85
Mad Scientist

I agree, Bebop was definitely the smarter one of the two. I always liked him more than Rocksteady, both in design and personality. Another example of how he seemed to be smarter than Rocksteady was in "Slash: The Evil Turtle from Dimension X." He was smart enough to keep his pet turtle a secret from everyone, including Rocksteady. Then again, everything kinda backfired on him when he thought it would be a great idea to mutate Slash to do all of their chores for them

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:31 AM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Rocksteady was more assertive than Bebop, but other than that, there wasn't much of a difference between both personality-wise. Physically, they looked and sounded very different.

I've always felt the writers liked Rocksteady more and gave him more of a spotlight and more lines.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #32
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant

Beebop had the brains while Rocksteady had the body.
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #33
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Rocksteady is actually smarter than Bebop if you pay close attention. There are a lot of episodes where Rocksteady comes up with something and Bebop follows along.

Don't forget Rocksteady fell in love with April due to the love potion and generally got into more action.

And don't forget that Bebop is black and Rocksteady is white. If Bebop returns in the Nick show but as a white guy I would be furious.
Ya know, I noticed this too. It seems as tho Rocksteady was more the leader/smarter one of the two, and Bebop was the dumbo who followed him (*think* Butthead, and then Beavis is his follower). But I honestly like Bebop more because sometimes he tries to act smart, or says really funny lines; "And to think, I didn't get a professional career cuz I hate commuting!" He was also the more sensitive one who liked animals. Like a "sensitive beast" type. Rocksteady was more the rough, aggressive type. So in essence, I did find some individuality between the two characters.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #34
Brianardo
Random Punk

They had the potential to be bad@$$e$ in the beginning. Just think if they were reintroduced and formed another gang/group that became another threat to the boys...
Brianardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #35
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

You know... more personality would be good for these guys as long as you do not make them too individualistic. These guys work better as a pair.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, rocksteady