The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #41
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

So I am going to see KE next weekend at the NE Megafest. I have never seen Kevin at a con before....what should I expect? Will his line be massive? How early should I show up? Does he have signing limits? Will he sketch?

http://www.newenglandsupermegafest.com/

Thanks!!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #42
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
So I am going to see KE next weekend at the NE Megafest. I have never seen Kevin at a con before....what should I expect? Will his line be massive? How early should I show up? Does he have signing limits? Will he sketch?

Thanks!!
Get in as early as you can into the Kevin Eastman line if you want your stuff signed. That would be your safest bet. I've been to enough cons to see and stand in a few long lines.

As for Kev's signing limits, you're on your own but it would be wise to ask first before handing anything to him to sign.

Hope that helps.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #43
Powder
So tired of this place

I waited, no joke, 7 hours in line at NYCC in 2013 to meet him. Took up my entire Saturday & I got there just after the doors opened.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #44
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Thanks!!
I'll be there too! Totally wasn't planning on it as it's a little out of my way and KE is the only turtle artist there, but my local comic shop's facebook said the first person to come in and say "Cowabunga" would get a pair of free tickets! Pays to live close by (and procrastinate on fb)!

I waited in line for Kev at Jetpack's FCBD last year for around 2 hours (got there about an hour before he showed up, which I've found is often later than stated), and that was with a "fast pass" for buying some merch. He wasn't sketching that day because of the big line but signed around 5 or 6 pieces for me with no complaint, and even did a quick turtle headsketch. Super nice guy!

On the Megafest website it says he'll be doing sketches: http://www.newenglandsupermegafest.com/kevin-eastman/ (see lat sentence of his blurb.) He usually doesn't charge for those as far as I know, but maybe things will be different at this con where celebs are asking mad dough for a hancock... who knows? I definitely want sketch this time!

Are you going both days? It looks like he has a Q+A on Sunday at 12:30, in case you didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I waited, no joke, 7 hours in line at NYCC in 2013 to meet him. Took up my entire Saturday & I got there just after the doors opened.
Holy Comicow! I rushed there that same morning first thing, could've been 5th in line but he wasn't there yet and I had lots of other con plans that day. Kinda glad I didn't stick it out... 7 HOURS?! Hope you had snacks!

For those who have gotten sketches before, what's the level of detail, and does he take suggestions? I'd like to get one of Raph hitchhiking to our hometown (Northampton), but I don't know if that's too much to ask?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #45
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Not to derail the thread from NE Super Megafest, but... Is anyone else going to VA Comicon this weekend? This will be my first time going to it (or any con besides Wizard World New Orleans and DragonCon)—not sure what to expect as far as size, or lines at artists' tables, etc. Anyone?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #46
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

Let's breathe new life into this thread. Is anyone going to SAC-CON in Sacramento CA on Sunday March 1st?

Guests include:

Kevin Eastman
Mark Bode
Ron Lim

I'd really like to find somebody to facilitate some sketches.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!

My Technodrome Forums TMNT Collection

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Buy Mark Martin's Original Art HERE
Sofistocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #47
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

Has anyone been to a recent comic con with Eastman? Just wondering if he does sketches and how much he charges for autographs and sketches? Also, do other artists and writers sign for free. I have heard that Eastman signs for free and other times I heard he signed first item for free. Going up to the Emerald City Comic Con in late march.
TMNTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:02 PM   #48
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTooze View Post
Has anyone been to a recent comic con with Eastman? Just wondering if he does sketches and how much he charges for autographs and sketches? Also, do other artists and writers sign for free. I have heard that Eastman signs for free and other times I heard he signed first item for free. Going up to the Emerald City Comic Con in late march.
I met him 3 times in the last year. In every experience the autographs are free. It's one of those things that he will sign whatever you put in front of him but you have to try to limit yourself for the sake of others.

Sketches on the 2014 tour were 50 bucks. He usually limited them to 20-25 sketches a show.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:48 PM   #49
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

At the one I went to in Nov.....first sig was free and each additional was $20!!!! He would not sketch until the end of the last day.......it honestly kinda sucked as it was never busy...... Don't know why this show was different
Old 01-20-2015, 02:15 PM   #50
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
At the one I went to in Nov.....first sig was free and each additional was $20!!!! He would not sketch until the end of the last day.......it honestly kinda sucked as it was never busy...... Don't know why this show was different
It may be some shows (bigger ones) cover some of Kevin's expenses etc, so he can afford to sign for free as a result. Small shows may not be able to do this, so he has to charge to break even.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:46 PM   #51
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

IDK when he updated the page as I check his blog almost every day (99% of days are a disappointment)

But Eric Talbot has updated his 2015 appearance list

http://erictalbot.blogspot.com/
Old 02-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #52
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
IDK when he updated the page as I check his blog almost every day (99% of days are a disappointment)

But Eric Talbot has updated his 2015 appearance list

http://erictalbot.blogspot.com/
Awesome! I'm going to have to make plans now. Any clue on what his pricing is like for sketches etc?
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #53
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Usually $60-120ish

Most of his stuff is half done and he finishes it after you purchase it

I think I paid $120 & $80 for these. Single turtles are less expensive

Old 02-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #54
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Usually $60-120ish

Most of his stuff is half done and he finishes it after you purchase it

I think I paid $120 & $80 for these. Single turtles are less expensive

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps2rnfcarv.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...psu7qh0ssw.jpg
Thanks! I'm hoping he might be able to do something cool with my blank Shredder mirco. I'm pretty excited I haven't met anyone from Mirage yet, only Rob Paulson & Brian Tochi last year.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #55
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I am also considering a sketch on a blank....he did some amazing ones last year...I would assume a similar price

I am still waiting for Dooney to announce....but they generally do the same shows
Old 02-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #56
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I am also considering a sketch on a blank....he did some amazing ones last year...I would assume a similar price

I am still waiting for Dooney to announce....but they generally do the same shows
Oh that's cool. The con nearest to me is East Coast Comic Con in April, I should be able to make a day out of it. As it stands my plan is to focus on the artists and spend less time browsing vendors as is usually the case with me. I don't know how much of a crowd I should expect specifically for either one of them so I'm going to make them a priority for sure.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #57
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Nice!!!

Bisley will be there too....get him to sketch early before he starts drinking
Old 02-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #58
TMNTooze
Foot Soldier

Just wondering if Kevin was sketching at the Amazing Arizona Comic Con last weekend... Hoping he will be sketching at Sac Con in a couple weeks.
TMNTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #59
AdamWarlock87
Hench Mutant

This is the closest I got to getting a sketch at Amazing Arizona Comicon. I bought this comic thinking he was going to make a big sketch on it but he was in a hurry to get through the line of fans because he had a flight to catch. I was happy though finally getting his signature after trying to two different times at two different cons, this being the third time. I also had him sign my free comic book day tmnt #1 I got signed by Peter Laird from mirage.

AdamWarlock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #60
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

This is probably going to get you mad......but this was posted in the Collector's Society Sketch Thread today.....guy got 5 sketches!!
http://boards.collectors-society.com...96361&fpart=11