The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-29-2022, 02:10 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

TMNT #130 discussion

Issue #130 just got released, I thought I make this thread to discuss this latest issue, I thought it was pretty good, It has some emotional moments.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:11 PM   #2
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Now iam ready to kill Leonardo! HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA
Old 06-29-2022, 02:36 PM   #3
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i enjoyed it. i wonder how bludgeon will do as a teacher. also had some good brutality in this one, sheena pulled a killer croc move.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:40 PM   #4
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i enjoyed it. i wonder how bludgeon will do as a teacher. also had some good brutality in this one, sheena pulled a killer croc move.
Also there were some emotional moments.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #5
mrmaczaps
Banned

Marginally better than the last 2 years but still super weak. Art is "mushy" for lack of a better term... I really wish they'd bring on a better creative team. I don't care about the entire zoo worth of weaka$$ characters. I want some ninja action & just the turtles. This book has become a sh!tty CW comic book series.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 03:54 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man they did a Mortal Kombat fatality on Groundchuck. Kinda funny to see Groundchuck/Dirtbag as mindless zombie mutants here when they're getting major spotlight in the new game and original cartoon comic coming, and in this series they're introduced and killed off in less than 5 issues.

The Punk Frogs are ugly as hell and the artist made them look the same as the Turtles. Some of them looked just like Leonardo, it's really weird they didn't draw all their faces different. I guess this is it for them, I wouldn't be surprised if they move to Florida like they did in the original cartoon.

Venus with Bludgeon is odd if only because I guess she'd be with Karai and the Foot. Still don't know what to make up Shredder now but it's too early. This issue seemed to wrap things up for now setting the next arc up.

Carmen and the other mutants are useless extras though, it is proof the comic introduces way too many additional characters they don't need.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:12 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Ok, yeah this issue is trash. Why oh why did I fall for the improvements back in 125? The story looked like like it was taking a turn for the better but looking back, it's mostly just that 125 had improved pacing and the sub-plot on the island.

So here is one major flaw with this whole thing:
Clyde claims he saw a turtle abduct Bonnie in 125 and assumes it is Don because of the similar artificial shell. We find out a little later and it's reiterated in this that he actually saw Venus who is Bonnie herself. Now the obvious question is how does that even makes sense? He saw a single individual and believes he witnessed two? How did he make that mistake? I went ahead and checked and there is no direct explanation for how he got so confused. The reason it had to happen was in order for there to be conflict between the turtles and the frogs but it is far too flimsy

Anyway, the drama in this story is just really forced and awkward. Sheena killing Dirtbag is a pretty clear example of an overreaction just done for shock value, it is barely motivated on her part and it would have been enough for her to be in shock to run into Jennika's arms. Likewise I'm not sure I even understand the thought process of some of these characters, Don flat out rejecting the idea that Venus should reconnect with the frogs and then insisting that she shouldn't be regarded as Bonnie at all just seems bizarre to me.

On further reflection on this Punk Frog story, it really just is the pacing that has improved and that's mainly due to there being sub-plots than the main plot being appropriately paced out. On it's own it might possibly be the dumbest, forced garbage story in the TMNT franchise since Out of the Shadows.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 06-30-2022 at 10:32 AM.
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #8
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I enjoyed the issue, It has some emotional moments in regards to Venus and the Punk Frogs, Also we are finally introduced to what could be a possible pairing, considering the significance of these two.

Spoiler:
Old 06-29-2022, 10:21 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So when does the Armageddon stuff start so I can start buying this again?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:38 AM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Ok, yeah this issue is trash. Why oh why did I fall for the improvements back in 125? The story looked like like it was taking a turn for the better but looking back, it's mostly just that 125 had improved pacing and the sub-plot on the island.

Clyde claims he saw a turtle abduct Bonnie in 125 and assumes it is Don because of the similar artificial shell. We find out a little later and it's reiterated in this that he actually saw Venus who is Bonnie herself. Now the obvious question is how does that even makes sense? He saw a single individual and believes he witnessed two? How did he make that mistake? I went ahead and checked and there is no direct explanation for how he got so confused. The reason it had to happen was in order for there to be conflict between the turtles and the frogs but it is far too flimsy

Anyway, the drama in this story is just really forced and awkward. Sheena killing Dirtbag is a pretty clear example of an overreaction just done for shock value, it is barely motivated on her part and it would have been enough for her to be in shock to run into Jennika's arms. Likewise I'm not sure I even understand the thought process of some of these characters, Don flat out rejecting the idea that Venus should not reconnect with the frogs and that she shouldn't be regarded as Bonnie at all just seems bizarre to me.

On further reflection on this Punk Frog story, it really just is the pacing that has improved and that's mainly due to there being sub-plots than the main plot being appropriately paced out. On it's own it might possibly be the dumbest, forced garbage story in the TMNT franchise since Out of the Shadows.
So we never learned anything about Groundchuck and Dirtbag? They are murdered by nobody characters without thought and nobody cared?

Leaving the Bonnie identity behind, it is like symbolism for gender identity politics. How is this comic 'improving? It sounds frustrating! I would rather see Groundchuck and Dirtbag expanded upon. Yet they are wasted.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:59 AM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So we never learned anything about Groundchuck and Dirtbag? They are murdered by nobody characters without thought and nobody cared?

Leaving the Bonnie identity behind, it is like symbolism for gender identity politics. How is this comic 'improving? It sounds frustrating! I would rather see Groundchuck and Dirtbag expanded upon. Yet they are wasted.
No, we do not find out anything about Groundchuck and Dirtbag, they're basically just a pair of Frankenstein creations that exist to be killed off. I don't even think they actually say anything.

The comic improved in the sense that it wasn't painfully uneventful anymore, which was the biggest problem. Of course, it is still really awkward and keeps neglecting important details, so it still can't be called good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So when does the Armageddon stuff start so I can start buying this again?
TMNT: The Armageddon Game-Opening Moves #01 comes out in two weeks, with the actual series starting in September.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:05 AM   #12
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
No, we do not find out anything about Groundchuck and Dirtbag, they're basically just a pair of Frankenstein creations that exist to be killed off. I don't even think they actually say anything.
Quote:
The comic improved in the sense that it wasn't painfully uneventful anymore, which was the biggest problem. Of course, it is still really awkward and keeps neglecting important details, so it still can't be called good.
There was nothing Frankenstein about Dirtbag.

It is a shame that the pair are misused and their potential continues to be wasted!
Old 06-30-2022, 06:43 AM   #13
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

Anyway, the drama in this story is just really forced and awkward. Sheena killing Dirtbag is a pretty clear example of an overreaction just done for shock value, it is barely motivated on her part and it would have been enough for her to be in shock to run into Jennika's arms. Likewise I'm not sure I even understand the thought process of some of these characters, Don flat out rejecting the idea that Venus should not reconnect with the frogs and that she shouldn't be regarded as Bonnie at all just seems bizarre to me.

Basically my thoughts exactly, man. The art was OK to me, not my favorite but totally acceptable. The story's plot and pacing, however, probably make it one of the absolute weakest issues in my opinion. Like you said, a lot of characters doing things that make no sense or are completely out of character... certain moments being brushed over completely (Leonardo is just like "OK yeah lemme call the bros" when Spooky Shredder is just like "we need to talk"?? yeah right), other moments dragging on waaay toooo longgggg, like why are we trying to get an emotional return on third-tier characters that haven't even appeared a dozen times yet

I didn't even attempt to reconcile the issues with Clyde thinking he saw one turtle at the scene of the crime but then mistakenly fingering Donnie, because it was all just so dumb I couldn't even bring myself to try Anyways, I'm looking forward to Armageddon Game, which I hope to be a return to form for IDW
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:16 AM   #14
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Honestly, I'm digging the redemption of Saki.
That's never been done before. And, leaves it wide open for a new villainous take or Shredder.
Could be done using the corpse of Karais father and the dragon scale. Could be a certain scary utrom takes up the mantle.
Either way, it's cool Saki gets to finally be himself, and we get to see that.
There's tons of potential here.
It just needs to be utilized.
And now we know how the four "Dark" turtles get made. I'm hoping it's one insane fight when they square off four on four. Unless they have a surprise, evil Jennika too. Regardless, this is the opportunity to show some decisive, viciously fast paced martial arts action.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:25 AM   #15
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nightwalker View Post
Honestly, I'm digging the redemption of Saki.
That's never been done before. And, leaves it wide open for a new villainous take or Shredder.
Could be done using the corpse of Karais father and the dragon scale. Could be a certain scary utrom takes up the mantle.
Either way, it's cool Saki gets to finally be himself, and we get to see that.
There's tons of potential here.
It just needs to be utilized.
And now we know how the four "Dark" turtles get made. I'm hoping it's one insane fight when they square off four on four. Unless they have a surprise, evil Jennika too. Regardless, this is the opportunity to show some decisive, viciously fast paced martial arts action.
How were they created? I am not sure how the dragon scale works.

Reading this makes me feel justified in skipping the title and reading all of the tie-ins.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:49 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

They should really do away with Carmen and the extra mutants like the ant guy, the hippo, the other shark, and so forth. Also Lita and the 3 weasels haven't appeared in awhile I forgot about them. Sheena being axed would be a good idea too.

Weird how Venus and Jennika are here but Venus being a recurring character will make them feel different besides the magic stuff.

Basically it's the same stuff the book has always had problems with and that's introducing way too many secondary and third-tier characters. We really don't need all these C-tier and D-tier characters around regularly.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:29 AM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They should really do away with Carmen and the extra mutants like the ant guy, the hippo, the other shark, and so forth. Also Lita and the 3 weasels haven't appeared in awhile I forgot about them. Sheena being axed would be a good idea too.

Weird how Venus and Jennika are here but Venus being a recurring character will make them feel different besides the magic stuff.

Basically it's the same stuff the book has always had problems with and that's introducing way too many secondary and third-tier characters. We really don't need all these C-tier and D-tier characters around regularly.
I 100% disagree, They are hear to stay, They are great additions to the series.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:57 AM   #18
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I 100% disagree, They are hear to stay, They are great additions to the series.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:18 AM   #19
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Old 06-30-2022, 10:11 AM   #20
Sumac
Banned

Opinions of furries should always be discarded.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tigercuck