The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-04-2022, 02:20 PM   #41
hypered1
Mad Scientist

I have to agree with Chosen here; two issues isn't enough to generate an accurate opinion about any comic series, let alone a long running one.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:32 PM   #42
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwakeTea View Post
lol you're floundering.

It's alright. You tried making fun of me, but actually just ended up making fun of yourself. Take the L and move on.
You're the one trying to wriggle your way out of an argument you started with very much the wrong person. Why don't you go ahead and look up everything I've said about Campbell's run through the years? I tried to remain positive about it but my resistance to the BS broke down somewhere in the early 110s, to the point that I can barely stand her writing these days. It's public knowledge around here. I never made any effort to conceal it. How is that making fun of myself...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I have to agree with Chosen here; two issues isn't enough to generate an accurate opinion about any comic series, let alone a long running one.
Thank you. Very true. Plus, one is allowed to change their mind. It's blindly following something or someone that raises a red flag.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 03:43 PM   #43
AwakeTea
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
You're the one trying to wriggle your way out of an argument you started with very much the wrong person. Why don't you go ahead and look up everything I've said about Campbell's run through the years? I tried to remain positive about it but my resistance to the BS broke down somewhere in the early 110s, to the point that I can barely stand her writing these days. It's public knowledge around here. I never made any effort to conceal it. How is that making fun of myself...?
Nah I quoted the right person. I mentioned clearly that I haven't read the early 110s or whatever issues you keep trying to deflect to. I'm new to the series and was trying to be complimentary of the few Campbell era issues I read. You decided to make fun of me for this, even though when you were in my position, you were gushing with praise more than I was.
AwakeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:01 PM   #44
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
When you combine this with the continuation of Last Ronin, I can't help but feel enthusiastic about the Turtles future. Seems like a lot of good stuff ahead.
You’re staying optimistic. Good for you!

Run. While you still can.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:29 PM   #45
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Nah I quoted the right person. I mentioned clearly that I haven't read the early 110s or whatever issues you keep trying to deflect to. I'm new to the series and was trying to be complimentary of the few Campbell era issues I read. You decided to make fun of me for this, even though when you were in my position, you were gushing with praise more than I was.
I keep trying to deflect...? Not even bothering to make sense, huh? You're the one who brought up #102 and my reaction to it. Might be more appropriate to dig up what I thought of the issues you did read, no? I've been with this comic from the start and was a Campbell groupie at one point, so of course I was excited for what I thought was a one-and-done breather arc after the intensity of City at War. You, on the other hand, picked up the comic at its lowest and apparently don't care for anything that came before, and still think this is the best thing since bread came sliced. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself but you won't find many people who agree with you, no matter how much you try to twist their words to discredit them.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:40 PM   #46
AwakeTea
Random Punk

Quote:
You're the one who brought up #102 and my reaction to it. Might be more appropriate to dig up what I thought of the issues you did read, no?
I specified clearly that I read #101-103. Really not sure how thoroughly you read my original comment that started all this.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:00 PM   #47
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I specified clearly that I read #101-103. Really not sure how thoroughly you read my original comment that started all this.
About as thoroughly as you went through my post history, I'd say.

Like I said, I did enjoy those, yeah, and was very excited for the concept of Mutant Town. Then I started realizing every month via the solicitations that the next three months would bring nothing new, and a whole year went by like that,
then two years, and the plot of the issues themselves was aimless, going nowhere, a far cry from what it was pre-#100. That's when I started to change my opinion.

So let me be clear: what you might think is the comic's normal is actually its lowest point. You picked the worst possible time to jump in. Sure, you're enjoying it now and that's fine, but you have no idea how superior it was before. Pretty much only two kinds of people enjoy Campbell's run: those who jumped in post-#100, and shills. It's hard to make the distinction sometimes.

Particularly if you liked TLR, you should very much give issues #1-#50 a go, if not up to #100. The Secret History of the Foot Clan mini would probably be right up your alley as well.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:07 PM   #48
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Dude stop. This isn't accomplishing anything. Chosen's response to mrmaczaps is a silly (albeit semi-serious) joke that's been repeated on here a few times now.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I too disagree with these two and several others here but I only call them out if they're being particularly malicious or speaking negatively about things that aren't strictly related to comics.

For my money the series has been a bit slower and little hit-and-miss during Sophie's run so far but I'm still enjoying it and I really do recommend going back and reading some of the earlier story arcs to get a fuller perspective of the series as a whole (and discover the origins for a lot of the newer characters like Hob and Alopex).

Also I've mentioned it previously but Sophie is staying on after TAG - I know this because I'm on her patreon and she already hinted at what's coming next but I will give NO SPOILERS.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:45 PM   #49
AwakeTea
Random Punk

Quote:
About as thoroughly as you went through my post history, I'd say.
I read through every issues thread as I catch up with the comics. It’s nice for me to see what people thought of the issues as they first read them. Nothing to do with you specifically.

Quote:
Particularly if you liked TLR, you should very much give issues #1-#50 a go, if not up to #100. The Secret History of the Foot Clan mini would probably be right up your alley as well.
Yes I’ve read some pre-Campbell stuff as well including IDW Volume 1. I’ve enjoyed those issues as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Dude stop. This isn't accomplishing anything. Chosen's response to mrmaczaps is a silly (albeit semi-serious) joke that's been repeated on here a few times now.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I too disagree with these two and several others here but I only call them out if they're being particularly malicious or speaking negatively about things that aren't strictly related to comics.
I was the one being antagonized for leaving a simple positive comment. I have the right to defend myself.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:21 PM   #50
ChosenOne
Banned

It's not you being antagonized, it's Campbell's run. Don't take it personally.

Have you read Secret History? What did you think?
Old 08-04-2022, 10:32 PM   #51
AwakeTea
Random Punk

Quote:
Have you read Secret History? What did you think?
I will in November as it's apart of IDW Volume 2. The paperback version releases that month.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:56 PM   #52
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I will in November as it's apart of IDW Volume 2. The paperback version releases that month.
I hope you enjoy it, should be right up your alley like I said. It's the sort of thing that can be picked up and enjoyed by anyone, even casual readers, without relying too much on previous continuity and perfectly encapsulates the feel of early IDW TMNT under Waltz.
Old 08-04-2022, 11:01 PM   #53
AwakeTea
Random Punk

Quote:
I hope you enjoy it, should be right up your alley like I said. It's the sort of thing that can be picked up and enjoyed by anyone, even casual readers, without relying too much on previous continuity and perfectly encapsulates the feel of early IDW TMNT under Waltz.
I look forward to it. If I can remember in November I'll let you know what I thought.

Tags
ass munching rapist