The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #21
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Hopefully, whatever happened behind the scenes will come out someday.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #22
FakeBritishAccent
Thug

From hearing Danny Woodburn's voice from the iOS game, I can understand why he was replaced by Shaloub. Since we've already decided that Knoxville wasn't put in the movie because of his Star Power, is it really that unbelievable that Ploszek could've put out a sh1tty performance?

I mean, how many of us are basing the assumption that Ploszek would've made a superior Leo on more than a couple of his interviews?

Regardless, I hope we get a Bluray/DVD audio track in which we can hear Ploszek and Woodburn's performances, just for gits and shiggles. And if his voice performance is indeed superior, who says he can't be back body AND voice in the sequel? Voice Acting switcheroos were present during the first three films and I don't think anyone really noticed.
FakeBritishAccent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #23
ShellShock
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeBritishAccent View Post
From hearing Danny Woodburn's voice from the iOS game, I can understand why he was replaced by Shaloub. Since we've already decided that Knoxville wasn't put in the movie because of his Star Power, is it really that unbelievable that Ploszek could've put out a sh1tty performance?

I mean, how many of us are basing the assumption that Ploszek would've made a superior Leo on more than a couple of his interviews?

Regardless, I hope we get a Bluray/DVD audio track in which we can hear Ploszek and Woodburn's performances, just for gits and shiggles. And if his voice performance is indeed superior, who says he can't be back body AND voice in the sequel? Voice Acting switcheroos were present during the first three films and I don't think anyone really noticed.
Do you have a video clip of Woodburn's Splinter?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

Probably, The 99 Chese Pizza scene where Splinter taunts the Turtles, He does an Italian accent for a second, You think Danny Woodburn would have been able to do that?
Old 08-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #25
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:

I think most people base it off the B-roll scenes with Pete in it. Like the scene where the turtles are captured and taken away.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

As Knoxville has mentioned, he got to go in and just use his own normal voice... Pete's own normal voice in interviews and junk sounds fine, too, so imo it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch of the imagination that he'd have done well enough. Knoxville didn't exactly win it himself as far as I'm concerned... I'd rather have more heart and variation to the character over 24/7 gruffness.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #27
Warhorse
Emperor

Ugh, instead of the stupid petitions flying around to stop the making of the sequel, I wish we had a simple petition to get Pete to voice Leo in the sequel.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #28
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Ugh, instead of the stupid petitions flying around to stop the making of the sequel, I wish we had a simple petition to get Pete to voice Leo in the sequel.
Agreed.

Using a petition to cancel an already successful movie is pretty crazy. All that time could spent on trying to influence PD to replace Knoxville as Leo, or to give an idea of what fans might want for a sequel. But hey, I could be wrong about that too.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #29
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Agreed.

Using a petition to cancel an already successful movie is pretty crazy. All that time could spent on trying to influence PD to replace Knoxville as Leo, or to give an idea of what fans might want for a sequel. But hey, I could be wrong about that too.
Yep. I gotta wonder. There are some hateful things being spewed by people who are vehemently against this movie and anything to do with it afterwards, I wonder if those people never stop to think, maybe just out of pure hostility, if the producers and creators of the new movies might just do things to piss off the fans even more, as kind of a rub it in your face that you guys mean nothing, and that you and the rest of the country is going to just go to a TMNT movie no matter what.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Heck, they used Twitter to influence fans to help advertise for the movie... Twitter, etc could work both ways.

@ParamountPics

@platinumdunes ? Not sure if that one is legit..?
Nick... yeah not sure which Twitter of theirs.
Who else...?

Good time to get constructive feedback heard now good and early. Good old fashioned fan campaign. lol
Old 08-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #31
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I wonder if those people never stop to think, maybe just out of pure hostility, if the producers and creators of the new movies might just do things to piss off the fans even more, as kind of a rub it in your face that you guys mean nothing, and that you and the rest of the country is going to just go to a TMNT movie no matter what.
Where Bay's concerned, nothing would surprise me.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #32
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Unfortunately, I am not expecting Ploszek to voice Leonardo in the sequel, especially since Knoxville signed a major deal with Paramount.

Quote:
Paramount Pictures has signed Johnny Knoxville and his Hello Junior banner to an exclusive 2-year first-look deal. This comes after Deadline revealed that he was brought in to voice Leonardo in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and it follows a long string of hits with the studio including the Jackass films and Bad Grandpa. Those Jackass films have earned $336 million globally, and Bad Grandpa did just over $150 million worldwide.

“Johnny is hilarious,” said Brad Grey, Chairman & CEO of Paramount Pictures. “I have known him for many years now, and I am constantly impressed and in awe of his unwavering commitment to ensure audiences around the world have a great time at the movies.”
http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/para...rst-look-deal/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #33
Galactus
Foot Elite

^^^

That does disheartening on the prospect of getting rid of Knoxville but then if he is such an asset to them I kinda hope they stick in movies you can see his face and not a voice artist for a cgi turtle.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Spoiler:

Quote:
“Johnny is hilarious,” said Brad Grey, Chairman & CEO of Paramount Pictures.
Earth to Hollywood/Paramount, it doesn't matter if you think he's so frigging hilarious. Either figure out how to voice cast an important character right (as Leo fans appreciate, not CEOs, because I'm far from the only one who didn't care for it or think it could have been better with Pete) or gtfo. You want Jackass in there so much, then give him his own damn separate appearance.
Spoiler:
Edit: Pardon me... Watching through 2003 series first time, at the moody, mad Leo portion... think he rubbed off a little.

Granted I suppose this info only suggests he's further signed with Paramount, not necessarily TMNT.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #35
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Quote:
"“Johnny is hilarious,” said Brad Grey, Chairman & CEO of Paramount Pictures."
Leo is NOT meant to be hilarious EVER!

He is the calm stoic disciplined SERIOUS Turtle who is the Leader for a reason. His humour is 'Subtle' which usually comes from his reactions and frustrations with the others. If any thing he should have a very good DRAMATIC actor playing him with range as it is extremely difficult to play the straight guy, especially when every other turtle has a very specific quirk for actors to lock into easily. By a poor actor he will be a Vanilla one dimensional character but by someone who cares and wants to do the character justice they will see the many subtle colours in him and develop & express them. But you need a good script in the first place to do this and well....a bad script is a bad script, especially when the turtles are not even leads in their own movie.

Regardless, I fail to see how a trained actor like Pete who had one of the best voices I've heard for Leonardo and was used for his physical and emotional performance gave a crappy voice performance. To me, it was just Paramount panicking and cashing in on a successful contracted employee's fan base to even out the numbers plain and simple.

I hope to god they get rid of Knoxville. But they won't. Just like they won't replace Fox. Instant Money is Instant Money.

If they ask Pete back for the suit and not the voice, he should just tell Knoxville and Paramount to FO and make him do all the 'Work' in the suit as well as the voice acting for the sequel and use his cash and exposure from this one for bigger things. Then Paramount will see how 'Valuable' and 'Engaging' the emotional and physical performance of Leonardo is by Knoxville. Or maybe they can just have a hybrid of Mikey and Raph and eliminate Leo's 'True' personality completely...

Gruff Leonardo? Give me a break.
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Regardless, I fail to see how a trained actor like Pete who had one of the best voices I've heard for Leonardo and was used for his physical and emotional performance gave a crappy voice performance. To me, it was just Paramount panicking and cashing in on a successful contracted employee's fan base to even out the numbers plain and simple.
Sadly prob right, and kills me that they stuck him with Leo. (Not that any of the Turtles is a match for him. He's better off with just his own cameo or bit part.) If they stick with him I'm afraid these films will always be a let down to me, even if they end up with a good script for one...

What I think is kind of stupid is that - after Knoxville saying on video that he didn't have to put on a voice or anything, they just had him use his own regular voice - if Pete's vocal acting during the shoot wasn't as good as they'd hoped for, but he undeniably has a great "Leo voice," why not have had him dub it over again himself with someone working with him to get what they want from the voice acting.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #37
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Ah well.

Poor Pete.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:32 PM   #38
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Leo is NOT meant to be hilarious EVER!
Have you seen anything TMNT related ever? You're forming history around your opinions.

Quote:
He is the calm stoic disciplined SERIOUS Turtle who is the Leader for a reason. His humour is 'Subtle' which usually comes from his reactions and frustrations with the others.
I don't think there's much "subtle" humor in this franchise. Even the biggest sticks-in-the-mud I've met can make jokes. He's a teenager. Teenagers do that.

Quote:
Regardless, I fail to see how a trained actor like Pete who had one of the best voices I've heard for Leonardo and was used for his physical and emotional performance gave a crappy voice performance.
Oh, okay. In that ONE B-ROLL video, he was one of the best Leo voices EVER. Alright, yeah.

Quote:
Okay, yeah. To me, it was just Paramount panicking and cashing in on a successful contracted employee's fan base to even out the numbers plain and simple.
Yeah, part of that's correct. They've got a good relationship with Knoxville, and he's (barely) a draw. Why wouldn't they use him?

Quote:
If they ask Pete back for the suit and not the voice, he should just tell Knoxville and Paramount to FO
He's probably got a contract, so that won't be happening.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #39
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Have you seen anything TMNT related ever? You're forming history around your opinions.
Yes. Almost Everything (Halfway through 2K3) but the new movie and next mutation So I have a pretty good idea of who Leo is and He CAN be 'Funny' at times but he is 'Not Hilarious'. 'Being Hilarious' and 'Doing Something Hilarious' every now and then are 2 different things.

Quote:
I don't think there's much "subtle" humor in this franchise. Even the biggest sticks-in-the-mud I've met can make jokes. He's a teenager. Teenagers do that.
My bad, apart from the other times I've mentioned where he shows the most humour I forgot to mention the tiny times when he actually plays or makes a joke... like a teenager. Making a joke is NOT the same as 'being hilarious'.

The humour from him in the first 2 movies and the 2K3 series was pretty subtle to me... you know 'Not In Your Face' like Mikey. I've seen plenty of 'Subtle Humour' from him and the others, even Mikey at times. So, yeah 'Subtle' is definitely in the franchise, particularly the 1990 Movie and 2K3 series.

Quote:
Oh, okay. In that ONE B-ROLL video, he was one of the best Leo voices EVER. Alright, yeah.
I was also going from his interviews from his actual voice and his general natural demeanor which seems bang dead on to me and others.

Quote:
He's probably got a contract, so that won't be happening.
'Probably' isn't enough to warrant 'Won't' from your statement.

Hell, if that's the case, he'll also 'Probably' have enough money and exposure to WALK from a crappy deal, especially to afford a lawyer to get a better deal or find a loophole to walk.

Imagine what that feels like 'We want you to do the Emotions and Body work 'Again' just Not the Voice. Knoxville's got that. You also have to do the awkward touring and promoting with the other core cast again who got to voice and act while Knoxville sits on his ass. Oh, we could have got you to ADR everything but yeah...'

Not many people are going to put up with that. I doubt Woodburn will be back. So why should Pete? Because he has no other credits? His bound by a crappy contract? Even for Hollywood that's f*****d up.

He'll find a loophole. If he's back he'll do both. If he isn't can you really blame him?
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #40
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Please let Pete voice Leo!!!!