The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-17-2021, 05:29 PM   #221
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Doesn’t Netflix lose money on everything they own? Like don’t they pay too much for everything they own compared to their return or is that just a joke rumour?
Not quite. Netflix works in the red. Their entire budget is dependent on debt as they've accumulated so much of it for production and programming. Their reasoning is that they'll earn that money back ten fold in the long term. Time will tell if they're right I guess.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:26 PM   #222
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
Not quite. Netflix works in the red. Their entire budget is dependent on debt as they've accumulated so much of it for production and programming. Their reasoning is that they'll earn that money back ten fold in the long term. Time will tell if they're right I guess.
That's not true anymore, this last quarter report they announced they were no longer doing for their operations since it was no longer needed.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:49 AM   #223
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
That's not true anymore, this last quarter report they announced they were no longer doing for their operations since it was no longer needed.
Cool sounds like their bet paid off then.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #224
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I'd actually be very curious to find out if Netflix' royalty model is enabled simply when someone "clicks" on a show, or it has a caveat of some kind like "clicks on a show and continues streaming for 4 contiguous minutes" or something like that.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:52 AM   #225
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Well it definitely seems to have paid off, I still find it difficult to recommend netflix as a stock, it seems overvalued but i keep being proven wrong. It's definitely a great service but man, its debt and long term plans don't seem the best but well look at other streaming services crumble so perhaps they do deserve each cent the stock is worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I'd actually be very curious to find out if Netflix' royalty model is enabled simply when someone "clicks" on a show, or it has a caveat of some kind like "clicks on a show and continues streaming for 4 contiguous minutes" or something like that.
I'm sure it has some minimums it has some minimums it has to meet before royalties are given but who knows, netflix keeps all their info on how their shows do to themselves.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:38 AM   #227
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Must be why they finally also put an actual title on the still blank Netflix placeholder. (Taking away any of the 0.00000001% hope it was anything else TMNT related.)

Meanwhile, the Loud House movie announced alongside this one, also still without an actual date, has a thumbnail and a listing among the scrollable upcoming titles section. But isn't on this list posted here. What are they even doing.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:51 AM   #228
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just want the movie to come out already so we can put Rise of the TMNT behind us. I enjoyed the show more as it went on (especially the finale eps which were cool), but this will be the definitive last time the series is revisited.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 10:15 AM   #229
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Didn't they say somewhere that the movie has already finished production? They sure are taking their sweet time. Kinda wondering if the movie takes any scrapped ideas or concepts that may have been planned for the show.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #230
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Didn't they say somewhere that the movie has already finished production? They sure are taking their sweet time. Kinda wondering if the movie takes any scrapped ideas or concepts that may have been planned for the show.
The story is probably what a season 3 would have been, bringing in Krang (or the Kraang/Utroms), as well as Leonardo becoming the leader of the group.
Old 05-23-2021, 11:37 AM   #231
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The movie seems to have been ready/finished for over a year, they just have no reason idea what to do since it is based on a cancelled show nobody watched or liked. And will only be uploaded one day to get it over with since there's no way to spin it into a movie anyone who didn't like the show will watch. We're just waiting for it to be sent to die.

Movie might be good but that won't change any of the above, unless of course it's a 1987 turtles crossover in which case people will be talking about it.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:10 PM   #232
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Netflix sitting there waiting for Nick to make those final payments for getting to play it on their streaming service. Nick sitting there waiting for the last lingering merchandise dollars to come in, that mostly consists of some remaining Rise gift bags in Dollar Tree... lol

Or so one might think it worked that way if they're taking forever with it.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:50 AM   #233
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

I still have doubts that we will ever see this.
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:47 AM   #234
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I probably know why at this point but what makes you say that?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:39 PM   #235
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
I still have doubts that we will ever see this.
The movie is done. To not air it would be a waste of all the animation/writing/voice acting they did. It's basically a net loss until they can make back whatever money they can get from netflix and then the eventual DVD release.
Old 06-20-2021, 02:58 PM   #236
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

DVD of this? Oh good luck. I wouldn't hold my breath on that after the show got cut short and they're dragging their heels on getting this up on Netflix.

If fans of the show are lucky hopefully they'll later be able to buy it digitally, since that costs the company nothing to produce compared to DVDs.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:14 PM   #237
CyberCubed
Overlord

They always release movies on DVD of kids cartoons.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:14 PM   #238
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Depends on the deal Viacom made with Netflix for the movie. Netflix might have purchased full rights to the movie which wouldn’t allow Viacom to put it out on DVD later.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:20 PM   #239
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The movie is done. To not air it would be a waste of all the animation/writing/voice acting they did. It's basically a net loss until they can make back whatever money they can get from netflix and then the eventual DVD release.
well why haven't they released it already?
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:31 PM   #240
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Since paramount plus is a failure in the US and not likely to expand elseqhere I wonder if other countries will get the tv show on netflix when the movie premiers.