The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-31-2021, 08:52 AM   #561
frank_one
Mad Scientist

It's annoying for everyone, Marvel, Sony, especially for us, actually. Creating movies about Spider-man villains and knowing Spider-man won't be in them. It's more than frustration, it's a new way of torturing fans.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:01 PM   #562
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Has to be annoying for Marvel though, having Sony trying to play it like they are essentially “the other MCU”.
I don't think Marvel has anything to worry about: Sony proved their incompetence over and over again.
If anything Sony is constant reminder to Marvel / Disney how NOT TO DO cinematic universe.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:35 PM   #563
ZariusTwo
Overlord

A rumour from 4Chan

Spoiler:
Mayday Parker, aka Spider-Girl, will debut in No Way Home, sharing a short scene with Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane. Word is that Honor Davis-Pye will appear as her here

Other rumours are that

Spoiler:
It will be established here that the Venom movies take place in Andrew Garfield's universe, and Morbius takes place in Sam Raimi's world, with Micheal Keaton also appearing here as The Vulture in much the same way Jameson can exist in the Raimi universe and the MCU

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-08-2021 at 01:44 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #564
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, this all sounds really complicated. I have no idea why they're trying to tie in 3 Spiderman movie universes together, especially the second one that failed and Tobey is going to be pushing 50 soon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:12 AM   #565
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
A rumour from 4Chan

Spoiler:
Mayday Parker, aka Spider-Girl, will debut in No Way Home, sharing a short scene with Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane. Word is that Honor Davis-Pye will appear as her here

Other rumours are that

Spoiler:
It will be established here that the Venom movies take place in Andrew Garfield's universe, and Morbius takes place in Sam Raimi's world, with Micheal Keaton also appearing here as The Vulture in much the same way Jameson can exist in the Raimi universe and the MCU

Every Spidey-verse has a Jameson! (In Freddy Kruger voice)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:10 PM   #566
Sumac
Banned

It is not a bad idea per se, but I am afraid a lot of people, who have never watched previous Spider-Man movies will be confused "who are all this people?".

Also, this approach would've worked much better in TV series, slowly (re)introducing characters and giving them some time to breath, instead just throwing them into blender and calling it a day.

My biggest expectation of this movie is that it will be a mess, with too many characters, a-la Spider-Man 3 or Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:16 PM   #567
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There is definitely potential for confusion or for this to just be very bloated. All these Spider-verses, plus taking time to set up these other Sony Spider-Man spinoff movies, I guess Dr. Strange fits in somewhere as well... and still have time to make a meaningful Peter Parker story?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #568
AquaParade
Banned

I'm pretty much just depending on the fan-service at this point. We all have our weaknesses and Raimi's Spider-Man is mine, so anything cool they can show me with that character is going to give me a good time. And yeah, Dafoe and Molina sound like a treat.

But everything else sounds very sketchy to me. On one hand, I'd count on Feige to keep things from being bloated, but I can't trust the Marvel/Sony team after Far From Home, which put a terrible taste in my mouth.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:57 PM   #569
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'm pretty much just depending on the fan-service at this point. We all have our weaknesses and Raimi's Spider-Man is mine, so anything cool they can show me with that character is going to give me a good time. And yeah, Dafoe and Molina sound like a treat.

But everything else sounds very sketchy to me. On one hand, I'd count on Feige to keep things from being bloated, but I can't trust the Marvel/Sony team after Far From Home, which put a terrible taste in my mouth.
It's like you are in my head. My thoughts exactly.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:18 PM   #570
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

With Feige involved I would trust this to at least be coherent. Like, maybe he will let Sony shoot whatever SM3 they want... but in the editing room, the floor will be high with cut footage.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:19 PM   #571
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The 4chan "leak" is definitely interesting, I'll give it that.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #572
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also if they're using the Doctor Ocotopus from the old Spiderman movies, and Green Goblin, etc....it doesn't bode well for "new" ones from the main MCU universe to show up. Meaning we might never see a Doctor Octopus or Green Goblin, etc. from the MCU.

I guess they didn't want to re-tread the whole Green Goblin story 3 times in a row...so they just have the old one appear.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:41 PM   #573
frank_one
Mad Scientist

It's basically the Spider-man movies version of Turtles Forever.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:46 PM   #574
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
It's basically the Spider-man movies version of Turtles Forever.
Let's hope that Tobey Maguire is not made into a parody of who he truly was/is like what happened both times when the 1987 cartoon Turtles appeared.

I wonder if Bruce Campbell will appear in a scene.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:13 PM   #575
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Let's hope that Tobey Maguire is not made into a parody of who he truly was/is like what happened both times when the 1987 cartoon Turtles appeared.

I wonder if Bruce Campbell will appear in a scene.
At least one crying scene.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:47 AM   #576
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Mandalorian's David E. Duncan has kindly shared with fans an animatic from the abandoned Spider-Man 4 on his official Vimeo channel

https://vimeo.com/546151713

He worked on a 'half dozen' of them, I wonder if he'll upload more?
Old 06-13-2021, 06:35 AM   #577
AquaParade
Banned

That could have been a great scene. It's really satisfying to finally get a better impression of what that film would have been.

I still remember the day they canceled the fourth movie. It felt like only a slightly less dramatic version of your childhood friend telling you they're moving away.

It's fun to consider the divergent path the Spider-Man films would have taken, has this film been made.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 11:05 PM   #579
Sumac
Banned

More power to them.
I hope that SM3 will be better than Fart from Home.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:36 AM   #580
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I read a 'leak' of a story breakdown and if that 'ending' is real...woo man.

Spoiler:
MJ is killed by the Goblin and Peter finds he can bring her back and restore his secret identity using a mystical orb that Strange is using to stitch reality together again. It's damaged in the final battle and Peter finishes it off, setting off a major reality reset that makes MJ a popular girl with no interest in Peter Parker. At the end of the film, Peter bumps into someone with blonde hair. He asks what her name is. Credits