The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-01-2021, 07:39 AM   #1
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Talking Complete TMNT 2003 HD on Paramount Plus!

Why wasn’t this discussed, or did I miss the thread?

I was scrolling the app and was pleasantly surprised when I found out TMNT 2003 is there complete and in HD! I’m in heaven.

https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/...ninja-turtles/
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Wow!
Any screenshots? Unfortunately it looks like it is not available for Italy as I'm not able to reach the link you posted.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:03 AM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

You can use VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN, you can select any country. Also Paramount Plus has a free 7 days trial so enjoy it

I’m using my iPad and connect to my tv at the moment, as you know iPad won’t allow screenshot of streaming app.

The pic quality is top notch, beats all those pirate/bootlegs and YouTube quality.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #4
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I wonder if it is a proper 720/1080p source or if they just put it through an upscaler.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:59 AM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

It’s probably because this forum is filled with old fogey 30+ year olds who don’t like online streaming and if it isn’t released on blu-ray it “doesn’t count.”
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It’s probably because this forum is filled with old fogey 30+ year olds who don’t like online streaming and if it isn’t released on blu-ray it “doesn’t count.”
Blu ray is better quality though. Streaming and pirating just isn't going to get you the top notch presentation. A presentation you might think doesn't matter, until you get used to it and try to go back to the inferior version.

It's like how your French fries are fine without sauce until you dip them. Now every bite needs sauce.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:20 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
who don’t like online streaming
Or don't like what streaming has become and can't see it because they can't justify paying for yet another service mostly for just one thing.

A lot of TMNT fans don't have CyberCubed kind of money in the bank and have to be more mindful of the spending.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:50 PM   #8
sdp
-

So it has all the seasons? I'm guessing it's only missing the "lost" episode of BTTS.

Paramount Plus isn't doing well, i'm sure it'll merge or sell its catalog to someone else sooner rather than later. HBO Max couldn't do it alone and it has all of Warner's properties

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I wonder if it is a proper 720/1080p source or if they just put it through an upscaler.
i'm guessing it's an upscaler but i'd be happy to be wrong, regardless this should be the best 2k3 has ever looked.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Blu Ray is better quality, man. And also, often there are a lot of corners cut for streaming or broadcast updates to "HD" - like synthetically stretching a picture or interpolating pixels rather than actually scanning the film elements or animation cells in actual HD.

Often, broadcast or streaming "NOW IN HD!" stuff is synthetic HD...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:13 PM   #10
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

There is a thread from several months ago about the Super Bowl commercial and the launch of the service, but it seems like the hype quickly died down. The Totally Turtles channel launch on Pluto TV was more exciting because it was the first time that Seasons 4, 5, 6, and 7 were available online in an official capacity in high quality.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:35 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

All 7 seasons are up there, but I don't see Turtles Forever there unless I'm missing it somewhere. Also of course doesn't include the "bonus episode" which is "Mayhem at Monster Island" which added up to a 14th episode for Back to the Sewers...and of course it doesn't feature any of the 1-2 minute shorts they made like the T-profiles or gag reels that were on the DVDs. (which had all new animation)
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote