The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-08-2021, 10:41 AM   #1
Meow
Stone Warrior

Where is everyone?

Where is everyone guys?

I haven't visited the forum for about 1-2 years due to work demanding/relating topics. Visiting the forum for a couple of months again it seems many people have disappeared aka are not in turtle business anymore.

Just to name the few I've been in contact either all the time or recently because they were active all over: VaughnMichael, tmntman, Latin Kings and surely many others.

Did so many abandon the appreaciated drome board over the past years? I really hope not!
Old 05-08-2021, 11:23 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

People come in an and out of forums all the time due to loss of interest or going to social media.

Power/sdp also made a drome discord where people post but they ban anyone who doesn't use their drome username for some bizarre reason. Because of paranoia of some banned users in the past.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:28 AM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People come in an and out of forums all the time due to loss of interest or going to social media.

Power/sdp also made a drome discord where people post but they ban anyone who doesn't use their drome username for some bizarre reason. Because of paranoia of some banned users in the past.
Not true. It is just a way to allow everyone to know who everyone is and its code invite only to avoid trolls. If either of you want in just ask and Sdp will PM you an invite.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

First of all, as well all know: The 2010's (sadly) saw communities declining in favour of social media like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Second, 90 % of the Human population on Tellus reside on the planet's Northern Hemisphere, which currently experiences springtime. That decline occurs always during this time of year. Even during a pandemic, there are many places allowing people to be outside at safe distances (gardens, forests, parks, some islands, summer houses, mountain and hills).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Not true. It is just a way to allow everyone to know who everyone is and its code invite only to avoid trolls. If either of you want in just ask and Sdp will PM you an invite.
I tried visiting there a few times and I've been banned 3-4 different times without making a single post.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:51 PM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I tried visiting there a few times and I've been banned 3-4 different times without making a single post.
PM SDP,then use the specific personal access code and use CyberCubed instead of something else. Do that and you are in.
Old 05-08-2021, 03:52 PM   #7
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

There's been a lot of particularly hostile "political" posts in recent weeks that have def turned me off from posting much, personally speaking. Dunno if anyone else is feelin that but yeah.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
There's been a lot of particularly hostile "political" posts in recent weeks that have def turned me off from posting much, personally speaking. Dunno if anyone else is feelin that but yeah.
There is that, but also the lack of current TMNT media being produced. Rise failed and IDW is in a slump with only The Last Ronin to hold our interest. Otherwise we are more likely to talk shop about other stuff and while we need a place to discuss the other stuff, well this is TMNT centric. That is definitely a big part of it. Once other media projects pick up momentum and The Armageddon Game returns my interest in IDWverse we only have The Last Ronin. Personally, if IDW had not hit the crapper and Mike was not the titular character I would not be all that invested. It's my TMNT outlet outside of buying 3 out of 4 NECA 1987 Cartoon 2-packs.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:42 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

The real reason is most of the older fans are now 30-40+ year olds and many have gotten married and had children compared to a decade ago or even 5 years ago.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:53 PM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
The real reason is most of the older fans are now 30-40+ year olds and many have gotten married and had children compared to a decade ago or even 5 years ago.
It's this simple, really. & as far as new blood goes, half of them couldn't get in due to restrictions brought on by banned user abuse, the other half are of a generation that doesn't use forums. Then there's the percentage who couldn't stand the constant negative circle jerk from the same ~6 people, or politics. Others dropped out of the fandom as they're only invested in the Mirage-owned era of TMNT.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 12:12 AM   #11
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Sure, there's coming and going all the time everywhere. It, however, makes a difference with smaller communities like here. In the drome board so many people leave an impression and you'll notice right away when some of them aren't active for days/weeks.

And about the discord I find your post funny but do not find this requirement bizarre at all. It's only good that joiners ensure their intentions are clear to see and mods and admins are not loaded with more and unncessary administrative/investigation tasks. I'm also on this discord by the way
Old 05-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #12
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
The Drome discord will now not be as strict, you can use another silly username if you want and it won't be as heavily moderated as long as you aren't crapping up the community, anyone who was banned is now unbanned and anyone can join now with this link if they really want:

https://discord.gg/P8sH5TgJYe
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #13
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The thing is since the mid 2010s, politics and political correctness has been inserted into every facet of entertainment (sports, music, movies, television, video games, etc). What used to be places of mental respites from the hardships and uncertainty of global, political and personal affairs, have now brought the tumultuous societal discourse into these products of entertainment, while demonizing those who oppose their political narrative.

This is a big factor as to why the forums have becoming increasingly political (on top of the already polarized political landscape), and also why more and more people are unsubscribing and quitting Big media entertainment since they can't get away from it.

For example, this clip displays the inundating themes of illegal immigration found throughout mainstream entertainment:

In addition, the oppressive atmosphere of cancel culture has also made entertainment insipid.

"I Hope We All Survive It" - Dave Chappelle Warns About Cancel Culture
Tyler Durden, Zero Hedge, 11 May 2021
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...cancel-culture

Quote:
Chappelle said, "I hope we all survive it," while referring to the cancel culture storm gripping society. "That's why that cancel culture **** bothers me. I'm not even opposed to the ideas behind some of these cancelations. I get it."

Rogan said, "the inclination, all of it, is to make the world a better place." He said social media and public shaming have "gotten abused and misused by the wrong people and bad actors, but at the end of the day, the thing they think they're trying to do is eliminate bad aspects of our culture."

Last year, Chappelle criticized cancel culture, saying audiences have become "too brittle," adding that "everything you say upsets somebody."
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #14
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Art and entertainment has always and will always be political to some degree. Art is for expressing ideas. Trying to fight against that is pissing in the ocean.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:51 AM   #15
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Art and entertainment has always and will always be political to some degree. Art is for expressing ideas. Trying to fight against that is pissing in the ocean.
True, and there has been prevalent propaganda in the past, but it has not been to such irritating, smothering levels that viewership has fallen substantially.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/the-...-ratings-lows/
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...nment-industry

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-18-2021 at 04:51 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:47 AM   #16
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Art and entertainment has always and will always be political to some degree. Art is for expressing ideas.
Art is for expressing feelings as well. There's a good portion of art that has no political stuff at all. Looking for political patterns everywhere is wrong.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:15 PM   #17
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I think some have simply left due to the prevailing opinions lately. Seems like the Drome has become a bit of an echo chamber of late, at least in regards to some subjects. If someone disagrees, they end up leaving because they are hounded out by the vocal majority. A lot of long time members seem to have disappeared after such incidents.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:24 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I think some have simply left due to the prevailing opinions lately. Seems like the Drome has become a bit of an echo chamber of late, at least in regards to some subjects. If someone disagrees, they end up leaving because they are hounded out by the vocal majority.
You mean unlike (years) before that, when if someone disagrees... they just get banned? Well, at least it's people leaving of their own avail now.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:25 PM   #19
sdp
Megan Fox = April

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:28 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Let's see your mug, raver boi.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
let it die