The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-25-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

RIP Samuel E. Wright ('The Little Mermaid's Sebastian & Broadway's original Mufasa)

A beloved actor from the world of Disney passed away yesterday. Samuel E. Wright, who provided the voice of Sebastian the Crab in the beloved animated classic The Little Mermaid and originated the role of Mufasa in The Lion King on Broadway, died at 74. I grew up listening to the man and I'm sure many others did as well. R.I.P.

Samuel E. Wright Dies: ‘The Little Mermaid’s Sebastian The Crab, Broadway’s Mufasa Was 74

Last edited by ranger_scout; 05-25-2021 at 04:54 PM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:30 PM   #2
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

My heart goes out to his loved ones.

I hope that he rests in peace.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #3
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

In honor of his memory, here are the two iconic songs he sang in that cherished movie.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:05 PM   #4
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

This is so sad to hear. Sebastian is my favorite character in The Little Mermaid and I always liked his voice very much. "Under the Sea" is either my favorite or second favorite song in that movie too. Sebastian is also my second favorite Disney sidekick character of all time. I also think he voiced the main villain in Disney's Dinosaur too. It's very sad that Samuel E. Wright has passed on. You will be missed.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:44 PM   #5
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Samuel E Wright, a much beloved voice (speaking and singing) from so many childhoods. He was a very charismatic and upbeat guy, could tell from his interviews, and he enjoyed his work. Keep singing and entertaining in heaven, Samuel.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:24 PM   #6
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel, released this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi Benson
I have no words. My heart is broken. Sam was such an incredible talent. He was the most loving man filled with joy & kindness & his laughter was truly contagious. I am so honored & blessed to have created our roles together, side by side, in “The Little Mermaid” as well as on Broadway in the musical “Welcome To The Club”. I loved recording with him for our 30+ episodes of “The Little Mermaid” TV series & our prequel and sequel movies of “ The Little Mermaid”. Thank you for all the memories we made together. I will be forever grateful. My love & prayers to his amazing wife Amanda and precious children. I love & miss you Sam so very much??yours forever, Ariel
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPWax95NW7j/