The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-29-2021, 12:53 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mirage comics that still haven't been collected or re-released

- All of Volume 4. I do hope we get a Vol. 4 collection someday even if the story isn't finished.

- Tales V. 2 from about issue 25 onward. There's still over 50+ issues of Tales that need to be collected

- "The River" story from Vol. 1 and "Sky Highway" because IDW doesn't have the rights to re-print them. Issue #41 as well.

- Various Mirage specials. The Turtle Soup issues, Casey Jones one-shots, etc...there's a lot.

I hope all this stuff gets collected at some point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

I'd love some legit IDW Omnibus of the Mirage series and the Archie series.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #3
Jeeves
Random Punk

Has the Challenges graphic novel been reprinted by IDW? If it hasn't, I'd love a deluxe edition with other Dooney Turtle comics similar to what as done with Zulli's Soul trilogy.

Honestly, it baffles me that there's so much that hasn't been reprinted. Spengler's timeline kind of eliminates the excuse of ignorance. I understand the legal impediments preventing the reprinting of Veitch's work, but there's little reason the rest couldn't be made available to us. In the end they only hurt themselves, as I'm one of those folks who won't bother to buy reprints if I own the original issues, and the longer we go without reprints, the more robust my collection of original printings grows.

Check out my first volume of poetry, Clarion Carcinogen: Poetry of a Wasted Youth.
Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 09:26 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

"Muscle & Faith" (the Casey Jones helps the nuns comic) hasn't even received a print release!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 09:57 PM   #5
ZedsDead
Random Punk

I recently watched an interview with Rick Veitch on the Cartoonist Kayfabe YouTube channel and he does address this. He talks about Mirage/TMNT/Tundra around 1:05:20

https://youtu.be/Uj7HNBvDJ_c
ZedsDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:55 AM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'd literally LOL if they released all of Volume 4 (what there is of it) in one big fat collected collection, and then like since the story is left unresolved, the last page of the book, which immediately follows the last page of that lat issue...ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee333333 3333 is straight up just a note saying 'AND THEN THE TURTLES WON. THE END'. LMAO

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:57 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think they should collect Vol. 4 like they did for Image even if there's no planned conclusion so far. They can leave it off the same place Mirage left off if we never get a conclusion.

We were lucky enough to finally get an official Image conclusion that ties it back into canon and into Volume 4. I never believed such a thing would ever happen.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:08 AM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'd literally LOL if they released all of Volume 4 (what there is of it) in one big fat collected collection, and then like since the story is left unresolved, the last page of the book, which immediately follows the last page of that lat issue...ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee333333 3333 is straight up just a note saying 'AND THEN THE TURTLES WON. THE END'. LMAO
Ah dude, you turn to the last page of the Vol. 4 Omnibus and just get something like this...

That would be f*cking brilliant.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 10:24 AM   #9
AquaParade
Banned

I'd like to see all the softcover-only collections released in hardcover now. It's a personal preference, but I find softcovers to be pretty disposable, so at that point, I'd just read the issues digitally.

Plus, they just look nice. I can more or less live without owning most TMNT comics, other than the small collection of single issues I have, but if they start putting these comics in well-designed hardcovers, I'll definitely buy them.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:34 PM   #10
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'd like to see all the softcover-only collections released in hardcover now. It's a personal preference, but I find softcovers to be pretty disposable, so at that point, I'd just read the issues digitally.

Plus, they just look nice. I can more or less live without owning most TMNT comics, other than the small collection of single issues I have, but if they start putting these comics in well-designed hardcovers, I'll definitely buy them.
So much this, whatever they release in a Hardcover I'll get it, even if it's those crappy Volume one guest issues or the Rise of the TMNT comics.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:06 PM   #11
rs_jr
Random Punk

I hope they go back and reprint the whole series in oversized black and white hardcover archive volumes similar the dynamite vampirella books
rs_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:34 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think the last word from Laird is that even if IDW wanted to, IDW doesn't even have the rights to reprint, like, the last slew of issues of Vol. 4.

And I don't think they want to, anyway.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:41 PM   #13
rs_jr
Random Punk

Andrew maybe you and other super fans with the blessing of Lair due a kickstarter for a reprint series
rs_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 10:14 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_jr View Post
Andrew maybe you and other super fans with the blessing of Lair due a kickstarter for a reprint series
Don't really have any interest unless we were to facilitate a conclusion... but Lawson won't budge so that's never going to happen.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 06:23 AM   #15
Diorm
Hench Mutant

AlZarkovski can make reprints but not us? Why? We just need an english limited fan release or something...

And Lawson did make those fake covers for a follow up to Volume 4 (and went overboard with unicorn and sh*t but whatever)
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:16 AM   #16
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I would love an ending to volume 4 but we all pretty much know its a lost cause sadly. It would be nice to have them in graphic novel form though...

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 11:13 AM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't care if something is a hardcover or softcover, just as long as most of it is re-released. A lot of the comics are of course long out of print and if you didn't buy them when they came out they can be hard to track down on ebay or online comic shops.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:59 PM   #18
Sharman
Foot Soldier

I'd absolutely love it if IDW re-printed all the Mirage stuff in hardback, oversized editions a la the "Ultimate Collection" series. I'd also really like it if they reprinted them in the original Black & White rather than the inconsistent re-coloring they do. It would be neat if they would print them in order of publication also.

As for volume 4 - of course I'd like the entire run to be reprinted, even if it did remain incomplete. If it did ever happen the publishers could always try and obtain the synopsis that Laird mentioned in his blog, which has a run down of the remainder of the story, and print that as a sort-of-conclusion.

If only ...
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote