The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #8961
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

People raising entitled kids to act entitled over the stupidest things.

This one was a first. Apparently, this young kid had it in his head that he should have one of...wait for it... my red and white 20% off signs that hang in my card department. Huh?

Luckily, he wasn't some kind of brat outright trying to just take it himself, but his mother literally took it off the hook then asked me if I had any more. Like I'm supposed to just give you my signage because your kid wants it?? No. I can't. Even if I had any extras, I'm not giving you one. Here's a better idea: use this as a teaching opportunity to teach your kid to handle being told no.

I'm not surprised at all that he was sadly already overweight at his age... If his mother would even think that he should just have the sign because he wants it, he probably gets every and any damn thing he whines for.

Cripe lady... boundaries, they are a thing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:12 PM   #8962
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
people who can't be bothered to wear headphones or ear buds while on their electronics in cramped enclosed public places. Just...(f)uck you so much...
My current phone doesn't have a headphone jack, which in itself is a gear grind, so I try to keep the volume low when I'm around people.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #8963
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Songs that get stuck in your head for like...days.

And that "Centaurworld" series on Netflix is entirely to blame. Been going back and forth between that rainbow road song and the other one that sounds like a rather haunting lullaby (of which is connected to something pretty evil but I won't give it away). They need to hurry up with the second season so I can have other spectacularly performed songs from a cartoon stuck in my head and move on from these... lol
Old 08-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #8964
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not so much a grind, but more-so just something bugging me...

This car:

Spoiler:

Been wondering if it's by chance stolen.

Noticed it in the Walmart parking lot maybe a couple/few weeks ago, parked not far from where I usually do when I visit that store for my job, and caught my eye for obvious reason. Last week when I saw it again I commented to myself that its owner must work there.

Saw it sitting there again today and realized that it has not budged. There's also a notice on the side window warning of possibly getting towed, dated for late June.

I didn't get too nosy, but having pulled up alongside it to take a pic of the tow warning to save the date on it, it looks really clean inside, and has the shades on the back side windows as if someone might have kids. An out of (neighboring) state car just up and abandoned for that long? Something doesn't add up.

Front end damage aside, it's not some old rundown junker that might have given up and someone just returned it the favor and left it because any remaining value wasn't worth towing it home... This is otherwise a decent looking car that doesn't really look all that old. (Search efforts said it's a 2015.)

I tried looking up info based on the tag (and the vin a site provided), but no theft reports found. Nor accident reports... despite whatever happened to the front of it.

I hope eventually someone really does get around to towing it and figuring out where it belongs.

Had any theft reports turned up, I had wanted to try to report it somehow... In a way kind of pay it forward after our stolen truck was found after some days last summer.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #8965
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Ants in the summertime that's it
Old 08-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #8966
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Oh gods, yes! We've had ants EVERYWHERE in my apartment this past week, and no idea where they are coming from, and these are the big red and black ones. Some kind of wood or carpenter ants, I think, but no clue where they came from. Mostly in the bathroom around the edges of the ceiling and some on the walls and floor there and elsewhere. I've killed at least a couple dozen, including two I think were queens, or maybe males since they had wings.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:04 PM   #8967
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If it's been that many, you might want to mention that to the landlord. Carpenter ants supposedly only infest wood that's rotting, and being around the bathroom... ehhh... there could be a structural issue from moisture that needs looked at.

That said, we need to figure out where some are living in our own house. I don't see them often, and actually haven't for a while, but usually it has been in the bathroom or in the hallway outside it, so I don't know if they're infesting wood likewise associated with our own bathroom or if they're just showing up there once in a while in search of a drink.

I don't mind those guys outside, I kind of like that they are so big, but indoors... some of these inside have an attitude problem and I worry about getting bit. Only one that didn't have an attitude was the one I took pity on and put a drop of water in front of it that it accepted.

The tiny black ants actually haven't been much of an issue for us this year luckily. What few there have been weren't being a problem and have been easy to ignore.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:59 PM   #8968
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

The tiny black ants actually haven't been much of an issue for us this year luckily. What few there have been weren't being a problem and have been easy to ignore.
that's what we are dealing with they get every where in our house
Old 08-18-2021, 03:45 PM   #8969
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I've probably complained about her once before, but there is this one Dollar Tree customer I've seen now and then when I've serviced that store (thus am working and can't get away from her) who moans and groans and mumbles to herself Every. Single. Breath. literally the entire time she's in the store. And I literally mean "literally" in the sense that it's literal! And of course she often has to be shopping the areas of that store right near me.

I took on a second Dollar Tree early this year. She frigging followed me to that one, too! I thought I might have seen her in there once a while ago, but I wasn't certain. She was there today and it's definitely he same woman. Whhhhy... lol
Old 08-18-2021, 05:53 PM   #8970
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't like going to the gym before 7pm because there's only like one or two hot girls there.

I do like getting my workout in early, but after 7 the place is crawling with supermodels and it definitely puts me in the mood to work harder.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:57 PM   #8971
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh yeah, and also when you get home and go to open the door and startle someone inside when it suddenly drops shut as you let out a ridiculous "EEEEE!" thanks to either one of those black bee flies or a bald faced hornet trying to get up in your personal space.

Sometimes those flies trick me, but all I remember is something black with some sold white marks so I suspect the hornet. Wtf, NO.

I kind of like those hornets because they're somewhat pretty, but they're aggressive bastards and NO THANK YOU with getting in my face and being where you should not be there around the door! At least whatever it was it quickly got the hint and disappeared.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #8972
Leo656
The Franchise

DUDE. I was cleaning out the screenhouse last week and at some point this HUGE hornet or some sh*t flew in and latched onto the screen right next to the door. Stayed there for like two hours and was still in there after I got done and f*cked off outta there. My wife asked me if I managed to get rid of it and I'm like "Sh*t, that f*cker's doin' what it wants to do, I ain't goin' near it."

Didn't come near me and pretty much just hung out on the screen. But still. Bastard was at least four inches long; I never seen one anywhere near that big before. I could'a done something about it but my mother-in-law wouldn't tell me where they keep the blowtorch.

I, personally, don't "EEEEE!" I do, however, "YO, what the F*CK, motherf*cker?!" quite loudly, and that seems to keep the rabble amused.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:47 PM   #8973
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, that would be a big NOPE. I wouldn't have hurt it, but that bugger would have GOT to go. lol Maybe via an open door and a broom!

Cicada killer maybe? That and the giant European hornet I think are the biggest we have on this side. Think the cicada killers can be close in size to that Asian "murder" hornet, but thinner, so they can be pretty scary. Supposedly not aggressive and males don't have stingers, but who even cares to find out. lol
Old 08-19-2021, 12:13 AM   #8974
Leo656
The Franchise

I'unno what it was or where it came from and I didn't ask its business. I just glared at it in a threatening manner while occasionally giving it the finger and warning it to stay where the f*ck it was.

As a hard rule, I kill anything with more than four legs, OR anything tiny with wings that isn't a butterfly or a Sexy Fairy.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:26 PM   #8975
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Stop stealing handfuls of my god damned envelopes. Extra aren't just free for the taking.

Happens occasionally at any of my stores but esp Dollar Tree. Bad enough it gets annoying to have to keep stopping and to dig out some extras to replace them, but my second DT it most often seems to be a back end section with gift card holder shaped cards (that my first DT doesn't have, so not really any chance of extras there) that they always take it from and THOSE envelopes hard really hard to have any extras of, so that pisses me of trying to keep envelopes with those cards so people can, you know, actually buy them. All I have is some gray leftover from grad cards. If people don't like GRAY envelops for their birthday card or cheery "thinking of you," etc., TOUGH. It's all I got since the a-holes think they are free to steal handfuls. Eff them. Sometimes I really suspect it's drug dealing lowlifes diving up their cash and other losers, because who even needs all that many envelopes now, esp colored ones.

Next chance I have to even save some extras will be.... yeah, red post-Christmas. So just colors that don't really go with most of these everyday ones.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:07 PM   #8976
Leo656
The Franchise

So the in-laws had someone come in and do some kind of "deep cleaning" on the downstairs of the house. They had to move a bunch of stuff around so the cleaning people could work, and OF COURSE the only sh*t that disappears is two of my shaker bottles AND a brand new bottle of Hydroxycut. Everything else that they had to move, they found, but they can't find my sh*t, obviously.

It's fine, I totally have fifty bucks lying around for replacing sh*t I already had until some retard had their hands on it. Sure.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I go absolutely f*cking nuclear when people touch my sh*t. ESPECIALLY when they lose it.

Wife's trying to make it MY fault, obviously, saying I just should've moved it before they got to it. Except that I did that, and apparently it wasn't a "good enough" spot since some moron had to go and f*ck with it again ANY f*cking way.

It's fine, it's just My Sh*t. If it were any of THEIR sh*t, ho ho, Lord knows there'd be a reckoning. But it's just MY garbage so it's fine.

I really can't f*cking stand people.

Last edited by Leo656; 08-25-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:10 PM   #8977
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, I know the feeling, touchy about my own stuff. Hate not being able to trust certain people not to help themselves to things that aren't theirs, or go doing whatever with it, but that's how it is.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:30 PM   #8978
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, it gets better.

Ha HAH, of COURSE it turned into a huge fight with the entire house, because of course it did! The wife just wouldn't shut up about "You should've moved it yourself" and then immediately interrupting/talking over me every time I tried to say anything, because that's what she does when she doesn't wanna hear that she's wrong, just interrupt and talk over me. Until I get mad enough to throw something and start screaming at her, which I did because that's what you do in that situation.

I don't even give a sh*t. At a certain point, when a person absolutely refuses to stop interrupting and talking over you - especially when they're completely, provably f*cking wrong - and they simply will not stop, you are now within your rights to whip a bag of dog biscuits across the room, call the person a retard and tell them to shut the f*ck up before you remove their face from their head. That's how you handle that situation once they've left you no other f*cking choice in the matter.

The good news is, my Hydroxycut pills "magically" reappeared once I started talking about how someone better pay me the money for them (and my other missing stuff). So that's one battle won.

What kills me is, 1. I have to constantly do sh*t for the wife, on account of she literally just can't be bothered. Just last night I had to take her garbage out despite her walking past it a dozen times - and me asking her at least as many times to just take it out instead of just walking past it - since she just plain didn't feel like it. And then a few days ago I had to go spelunking in her goddamn walk-in closet which she hasn't even looked inside of in ten years, because again, she just plain can't be bothered. Right before this sh*t tonight happened, I had to wash her goddamn dinner plates, because again, she plain couldn't be bothered. And YET little miss Never Gets Off Her Lazy Ass is going to call me stupid with no irony whatsoever for not moving my own stuff (which in fact I'd already done), and then getting mad that some idiot misplaced it? F*ck that.

And 2: If even ONE thing belonging to any of these imbeciles had been missing, they'd all be screaming at me (which they ended up doing anyways, but I digress).

All This Sh*t because nobody in this house has any f*cking respect for me or my property. And now the c*nt isn't speaking to me because, as usual, she thinks she's right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, every single day until the day I f*cking die: Nobody should ever get married. Not unless you love dealing with "fun" sh*t like this.

At least my pills showed up. Shaker bottle still MIA. F*ck these people. F*ck 'em all to death.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #8979
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't even need the marriage option for that, already have a parent, sibling, and the person the sibling chose to add to the family all pulling different duties in that kind of BS.

Grind... Is the Louisville, KY USPS distribution center as bad as the one in Jersey City, or what. Physically shipped out the 21st, scanned at that distribution center on the 22nd and hasn't been heard from since.

edit: Darn... scratch the recent happy maker on thinking some of last year's pumpkin seeds sprouted.

Out of two sets of two (a 5th lone one seems to have vanished), the shape of the leaves are notably different enough now that they are probably two different plants, so maybe one pair still are pumpkins, but doubt it since it still hasn't gotten viney. The other two are definitely not as one put up a skinny, long stalk with really tiny little round (aka berry-shaped), white flowers.... so I don't know what the heck that is. By the leaves you'd really think it was a squash of some kind, but the flowers are definitely not.

Oh, and it seems like the trash truck ran off with one of our trashcans.... What the heck... It's not even from their company, we only have the recycle cans from them and it wasn't one of those, it was one of our regular ones. They owe us a trashcan.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-26-2021 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:02 PM   #8980
Leo656
The Franchise

Hah, my neighbor across the street lost a can lid that way (not a whole can, but still). They were pretty annoyed about it.

Me and you-know-who still aren't speaking, but according to her FB she's generally Fine & Dandy. Good for her. Meanwhile the rest of my stuff hasn't reappeared and nobody seems overly concerned about it.

I might not get SO mad, but I've been involved with this family for 20 years and in that time it's been made repeatedly, loudly and obviously clear that I'm not of any significant importance outside of the fact that I take care of my wife and if I weren't in the picture nobody else would want her, and her parents don't particularly care for her either so they're not in love with the idea of having to take care of her if I was gone. They've never gotten along well at all - one of the very first things she and I ever bonded over was our deep hatred for our respective parents - but once I got into the picture it was like they all finally had a common enemy. So they still don't get along, BUT when push comes to shove they all get to gang up on Me.

At one point last night, I very sincerely tried to argue the case that if something belonging to any of THEM had gone missing, they'd ALL be screaming at me and making accusations (or outright threats). Their response was, basically, "Nobody gives a sh*t."

It gets old - REALLY old - living with people who never miss a chance to tell you that you simply don't matter.

I've been thinking more and more about moving in with my cousin and just calling this whole thing a wash. But that's easier said than done.