The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-17-2021, 09:25 AM   #21
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I always looked at the "Ok, Boomer" meme as a fitting counter by the millennials (and younger) on account of the over-abundance of Facebook posts by Boomers making it look like they were somehow way more qualified at life skills (and let's be honest... Boomers are a fry cry removed from "The Greatest Generation"). Neither one really makes sense, but I like the idea of both sides being armed in petty squabbles.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:32 AM   #22
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

The term boomer is for anyone 40 years old or older, hell for zoomers anyone 30+ is a boomer.

No one actually cares about "real" baby boomers anymore, they're either dead or will be in just a few years. No one says it unironically, it's just fun to trigger old people.
I didn't perceived it that way when it was first weaponized by the brats, but like all things it's been bantered about so much that it probably has taken on that meaning. Now it's just a word to use to tell off people older than them.

To tell you the truth, I'm sure that there were plenty of millenials and Y'ers who never understood what the root of it was in the first place.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:15 PM   #23
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I always looked at the "Ok, Boomer" meme as a fitting counter by the millennials (and younger) on account of the over-abundance of Facebook posts by Boomers making it look like they were somehow way more qualified at life skills
Except they are compared to smoothie drinkers.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:57 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
To tell you the truth, I'm sure that there were plenty of millenials and Y'ers who never understood what the root of it was in the first place.
That's a good point. You could probably say "do you know what the Baby Boomer Generation is all about, or can you define it?" you'd probably get a lot of blank stares or at best, "Um... the last generation, right?"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:27 PM   #25
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's a good point. You could probably say "do you know what the Baby Boomer Generation is all about, or can you define it?" you'd probably get a lot of blank stares or at best, "Um... the last generation, right?"
Exactly. Same kind of response you'd get from the same kinds of people complaining about the American system. If you ask them what Federalism is they'd blank stare you and say "um... it's the government."
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote