The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-20-2018, 03:37 PM   #2641
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Out of curiosity were prompted a second Christmas issue? Was it because the first one was well received, or there needed to be another stand-alone issue between big arcs and it just happened to fall in December's month, so I guess why not?
Just something we wanted to do!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #2642
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And also, doesn't this wreak havoc with the timeline?

#1-65 was one whole year, and #66-89 was another year? Or is it just at the END of December, and #65 was way back at the beginning of the same December?
Sure, #66-89 could be another year. However it works best for you, it's not something we've spent any time thinking about.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #2643
ChosenOne
Banned

I personally feel that #66-89 packs far too much into what appears to be such a short time period for it to be a whole year, but it doesn't really matter much for the story. After all, no one wonders how some TV shows manage to have holiday specials every year without the characters ever getting older.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #2644
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I personally feel that #66-89 packs far too much into what appears to be such a short time period for it to be a whole year, but it doesn't really matter much for the story. After all, no one wonders how some TV shows manage to have holiday specials every year without the characters ever getting older.
I think the breakdown in the Chronological Timeline thread is probably fairly accurate timing wise.

Last edited by hypered1; 09-25-2018 at 09:08 AM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:37 PM   #2645
Igglet

Hey Bobby, quick question, can you tell us if we'll be seeing more of Alopex and/or Nobody in the lead-up to #100?
Old 09-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #2646
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Hey Bobby, quick question, can you tell us if we'll be seeing more of Alopex and/or Nobody in the lead-up to #100?
Yes, we will!
Old 09-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #2647
Igglet

Awesome, thanks!
Old 09-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #2648
neatoman
Emperor

Speaking of #100, once it's released, do you lean towards continuing the numbering with #101 or start over with a new #1?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #2649
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Can't really say at this point!
Old 09-30-2018, 06:02 AM   #2650
Igglet

Hey Bobby, do you think we'll ever get any more info on what Shen is? And by that I mean, how she's able to interact with Splinter and the Turtles from the afterlife when, for all we know, she's just a regular woman. I speculated in another thread that this'll be addressed in Shredder in Hell but I'm just curious if this'll ever be explained or if it's something that is meant to stay mysterious.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:42 AM   #2651
daggio
Foot Soldier

Hey Bobby, do you know if the future volumes of IDWs TMNT chronological reading collection are gonna have the short, back-up comics from TMNT Universe in them?
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:40 AM   #2652
funatic
Mad Scientist

Hi Bobby, looking forward to seeing you at NYCC again this year! I saw there's the Shredder in Hell print by Mateus as an exclusive. Had the pleasure of meeting him at SDCC this year! Any other TMNT exclusives?

Also saw that the Rise of the TMNT cast is signing at the booth. Do you happen to know if this will be the same Rise print that was signed at SDCC? Wondering if I need to rush to you to get a wristband, or leave it to another lucky fan if it's the same print and cast.

Any other signings/panels I'm missing? Only Paul Allor Thursday?

Thanks in advance and see ya soon!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #2653
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Hey Bobby, do you think we'll ever get any more info on what Shen is? And by that I mean, how she's able to interact with Splinter and the Turtles from the afterlife when, for all we know, she's just a regular woman. I speculated in another thread that this'll be addressed in Shredder in Hell but I'm just curious if this'll ever be explained or if it's something that is meant to stay mysterious.
As of now, she's just someone residing in the afterlife with a close spiritual connection to her family. It could be deduced that Splinter and the Turtles peculiar return to life could have something to do their ability to reconnect with Shen, but that's just conjecture at this point.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #2654
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Hey Bobby, do you know if the future volumes of IDWs TMNT chronological reading collection are gonna have the short, back-up comics from TMNT Universe in them?
They will, yes!
Old 10-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #2655
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Hi Bobby, looking forward to seeing you at NYCC again this year! I saw there's the Shredder in Hell print by Mateus as an exclusive. Had the pleasure of meeting him at SDCC this year! Any other TMNT exclusives?

Also saw that the Rise of the TMNT cast is signing at the booth. Do you happen to know if this will be the same Rise print that was signed at SDCC? Wondering if I need to rush to you to get a wristband, or leave it to another lucky fan if it's the same print and cast.

Any other signings/panels I'm missing? Only Paul Allor Thursday?

Thanks in advance and see ya soon!
It sounds like you know about as much as I do! Sorry, i'm not to plugged into what's going on with signings and exclusives.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #2656
Igglet

Got you, thanks!
Old 10-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #2657
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
As of now, she's just someone residing in the afterlife with a close spiritual connection to her family. It could be deduced that Splinter and the Turtles peculiar return to life could have something to do their ability to reconnect with Shen, but that's just conjecture at this point.
Hey Bobby, concerning the Turtles and Splinters return to life, I never thought of the possibility of the connection to Shen being the reason for their reincarnation. For a long time I figured it had something to do with what we saw at the very end of issue #50 with Krang. I realize that this is all conjecture, but are we ever going to find out why the reincarnation occurred?
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:11 PM   #2658
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Hi Bobby, thank you for all but confirming the hardbacks will be continuing beyond volume 8. Do you know when we'll start seeing pre-order details for volume 9 and possibly 10? Thank you
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #2659
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Hey Bobby, concerning the Turtles and Splinters return to life, I never thought of the possibility of the connection to Shen being the reason for their reincarnation. For a long time I figured it had something to do with what we saw at the very end of issue #50 with Krang. I realize that this is all conjecture, but are we ever going to find out why the reincarnation occurred?
This is one of those instances where if I give a yes or no answer it could point in the direction of potential spoilers. Can't answer, sorry!
Old 10-01-2018, 04:20 PM   #2660
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Hi Bobby, thank you for all but confirming the hardbacks will be continuing beyond volume 8. Do you know when we'll start seeing pre-order details for volume 9 and possibly 10? Thank you
I'm not sure, sorry. My guess Vol. 9 would be mid-2019 though, with 10 around the holiday season 2019.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz