The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-06-2022, 10:42 PM   #2001
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

The eBay prices for the SOTO 2-packs are ridiculous. I'm really, really hoping they find a way on the NECA store at some point ... hopefully with SOTO Shredder.

I reached out to Blainer and he mentioned that it wasn't sure if they would, but there's always a chance.

If anything, I'm hoping they're easier to find at retail at least.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:23 PM   #2002
mikey0
Foot Elite

The back side of the SOTO 4-pack: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...CzgZuu0ZkrAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:38 AM   #2003
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfanuk View Post
Anyone know when these are hitting the UK?
If there's one positive from Brexit it's that products now need the UKCA marking to be sold here. Which gives us a clue as to potential releases. I noticed on the SOTO 2-pack that the underside of the box had the UKCA marking.

I think this is a positive sign for UK release as I noticed on another NECA product that there was NO UKCA marking, and that product (can't remember what it was now) never showed up in UK distribution chains.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:18 AM   #2004
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
If there's one positive from Brexit it's that products now need the UKCA marking to be sold here. Which gives us a clue as to potential releases. I noticed on the SOTO 2-pack that the underside of the box had the UKCA marking.

I think this is a positive sign for UK release as I noticed on another NECA product that there was NO UKCA marking, and that product (can't remember what it was now) never showed up in UK distribution chains.
That's helpful, thanks! Cross my fingers then, lol.

On another note...

Can anyone tell me what the differance is between the first wave gamestop single boxes vs the walmart 2 packs of the brothers? Thanks!
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:45 AM   #2005
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfanuk View Post
That's helpful, thanks! Cross my fingers then, lol.

On another note...

Can anyone tell me what the differance is between the first wave gamestop single boxes vs the walmart 2 packs of the brothers? Thanks!
The GameStop first release of the brothers were pretty simple, Mikey had the stringed weapons and the packaging had the Only at GameStop logo sticker on the boxes.

There was a second release of the brothers from GameStop which didn't have the GameStop sticker. Mikey then had revised wired weapons and Raph had a bit of a variation to his face. His mouth was open slightly wider showing more of his teeth which made him look a bit angrier. I think that was a problem with the mold at that point and not a purposeful change.

The Walmart two packs seem to have a bit of variation to the colors/paint apps, not a running change but more likely just the paint used but it's subtle. Mikey had wired weapons and the only real change was the addition of an extra headband for each which was split to have one side of the bandana tail on each shoulder. They still had the other two bandanas with the left tails and the right tails

That's all I can recall. So, no real changes, just some variation due to timing and paint applications.
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:30 AM   #2006
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Thank you! Thats super helpful!
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:34 PM   #2007
mikey0
Foot Elite

OOTP shots of the SOTO 2-pack turtles: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...08420271001602
Old 08-10-2022, 02:56 PM   #2008
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Anyone know if the new two packs are showing up on brickseek yet? Anyone have the link?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 03:28 PM   #2009
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Anyone know if the new two packs are showing up on brickseek yet? Anyone have the link?
Don and Mike
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=951358403

Leo and Raph
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=517922158
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:57 PM   #2010
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

So, I ended up just biting the bullet and went the eBay route on the SOTO 2-pack. They should get here by the middle of next week.

With how St. Louis is, I've been to pretty much every single WalMart in the area almost within a month spread now at this point and I'm starting to think they might not hit our area that well, and they'll be a bitch a to find. With how much I've spent on gas and more than likely WILL trying to get on the hunt for these ... I just decided to do a one time thing with eBay sellers and got 'em.

Blainer from NECA said there was that small chance they hit the NECA store given the 4-pack already came out ...so I'm seriously kicking myself for skipping out on the 4-pack earlier in the year, and I'll probably never make that mistake again.

At least people can rest a bit easy knowing that SOTO Shredder will eventually hit the NECA store at some point this year.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:03 PM   #2011
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

SOTO 2-packs came in today, and they look great!
Old 08-17-2022, 03:35 AM   #2012
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Anyone actually seen the two packs or the new shredder actually show up on brickseek yet?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:40 AM   #2013
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Anyone actually seen the two packs or the new shredder actually show up on brickseek yet?
SOTO Shredder: https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=545880892

SOTO Donnie and Mikey: https://brickseek.com/p/teenage-muta...les-2/15085065

SOTO Leo and Raph: https://brickseek.com/p/teenage-muta...les-2/15085064
Old 08-17-2022, 10:43 AM   #2014
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don’t think they work. Yes, they will show up on Brickseek but don’t think it works the way it did for Ultimate April and the Farm 2 Pack showing when they are in stock
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:02 PM   #2015
mikey0
Foot Elite

Old 08-22-2022, 01:47 PM   #2016
Tmnt91285
New Recruit

Is it even worth looking for the SOTO Shredder or even turtle 2-Packs anymore at this point? I’m wondering if there was a limited amount distributed & more are going to be sold elsewhere (TheNecaStore or Walmart.com) at a later date. I’ve looked at 6 Walmarts over the last three weeks and have people looking in three other states but nothing to be found.
Tmnt91285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:00 PM   #2017
Powder
So tired of this place

It takes months for things to roll out, & the east coast is always last. Just be patient.

My Wal-mart in SC only just got Super Shredder like a MONTH ago. & we're talking the original release.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 04:33 PM   #2018
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I totally missed that they released a 1990 Splinter/Shredder two pack -- with new accessories for Splinter including hands, slippers, and a pizza slice molded to fit on his head. Apparently this happened in 2020. And what's even weirder is I just found 2 of them at a store last night. Kinda crappy that NECA made me pay another $63 for accessories for Splinter they should have just also put into the accessory pack.

And on that note, yes, I went to 3 Walmarts last night and at the other two I also found a 1990 Raph/Mike two pack and a foot soldier two pack. So the stuff is out there even for 1990, still.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 08:43 PM   #2019
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I totally missed that they released a 1990 Splinter/Shredder two pack -- with new accessories for Splinter including hands, slippers, and a pizza slice molded to fit on his head. Apparently this happened in 2020. And what's even weirder is I just found 2 of them at a store last night. Kinda crappy that NECA made me pay another $63 for accessories for Splinter they should have just also put into the accessory pack.

And on that note, yes, I went to 3 Walmarts last night and at the other two I also found a 1990 Raph/Mike two pack and a foot soldier two pack. So the stuff is out there even for 1990, still.
Another difference with that 2-pack is Shredder's face plate isn't removable.
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:07 AM   #2020
mikey0
Foot Elite

The samurai suits and Movie 3 Donatello and Michelangelo heads can be seen in the plate to the right of Coldstone: https://mobile.twitter.com/FromEyrie...5Es1_&ref_url=