The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-15-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Thought I make an official thread for the 3rd Sonic movie that is currently in the works.

Here's the official logo for it.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:19 PM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Preeeeeeeeeetty big assumptions Sonic 2 won't bomb. I mean, I'm sure it'll be awesome, but wow.

Remember how Amazing Spider-Man 2 spent more time advertising for part 3 then focusing on their own movie and well.... part 3 never came.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 05:28 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The 3 has a very specific shade of red and has stripes, So its possible Shadow will be in this, He has a red stripe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSR_Shadow.jpg (10.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by TigerClaw; 02-15-2022 at 06:02 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 07:00 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The 3 has a very specific shade of red and has stripes, So its possible Shadow will be in this, He has a red stripe.
Oh wow, the color red must mean he's in it, what amazing skills you have figuring that out. I mean, there is nothing beyond the red color to imply it has something to do with Shadow, you must really be genius to figure it out!
Spoiler:
Just FYI, I'm not ruling out the possibility that he would be in this movie, I just think your reasoning is flimsy.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 07:04 PM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Two movies? Sonic 3 & Knuckles

How do we have to lock them in to get the real ending?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 07:30 PM   #6
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Oh wow, the color red must mean he's in it, what amazing skills you have figuring that out. I mean, there is nothing beyond the red color to imply it has something to do with Shadow, you must really be genius to figure it out!
Spoiler:
Just FYI, I'm not ruling out the possibility that he would be in this movie, I just think your reasoning is flimsy.
GUN is in the second movie, GUN is tied to Shadow's origin.
Old 02-15-2022, 08:09 PM   #7
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Two movies? Sonic 3 & Knuckles

How do we have to lock them in to get the real ending?
https://segaretro.org/images/thumb/1...ucklesCart.jpg
It’s literally Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

We’re getting Sonic 3 movie & a live action Knuckles spin off series voiced by Idris Elba on Paramount Plus!

https://www.ign.com/articles/knuckle...s-announcement
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:09 PM   #8
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I'm rooting for Shadow in the next one.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:10 PM   #9
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Thought I create an official thread for the 3rd Sonic Movie when ever we get any news about it.

Patrick Casey and Josh Miller who are the writers from the previous Sonic movies says that the 3rd movie will incorporate elements from Sonic Adventure 2 and the Shadow The Hedgehog spinoff game.
https://tailschannel.com/sonic-the-h...screenwriters/
Quote:
When asked about Amy, and if she could appear in the sequel, the duo couldn’t answer it properly due to a non-disclosure agreement, but said that things are “in the works”.

In regards to Jim Carrey possibly retiring from acting, the duo was hopeful to bring him back for the third film, but said that it was mainly up to Carrey.

Miller was careful not to comment on specific plotlines for the third film, but concluded it was “not revealing”, given Shadow’s introduction to the movie franchise, that there are plans to incorporate elements from Sonic Adventure 2 and the Shadow the Hedgehog spin-off game in the film.

Nothing can be said about Shadow’s voice actor, but the idea of aiming for a famous Hollywood actor to voice the hedgehog was not ruled off.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is currently on what is called the “Blue Sky phase” of scriptwriting, where every idea of what the movie could be is being proposed, and the staff streamlines it into what the movie should be.

The producers are aware of the fans’ desire to get Crush 40 to appear in a Sonic film. Even though the movie planning is early, Casey did not rule off the idea of getting the band in the next film.

Miller: “In each new Sonic movie, as long as the people got the appetite for them, we’ll keep adding yet another person from the game universe.”

Last edited by TigerClaw; 05-26-2022 at 03:16 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:17 PM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Weren't there rumors of Carrey actually waiting to gain weight to be a more proper Eggman?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

God... Do we really need to add ideas from Shadow's solo game? I thought SA2 added enough context clues about how Shadow got his powers, The Ark scientists were experimenting with the Chaos Emeralds and that's where Shadow got his powers from, we didn't need the weird "alien blood transfusion" crap.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-26-2022, 06:03 PM   #12
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Shadow was created from Black Doom’s blood so it could be interesting to see that in the movie.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:34 PM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Shadow was created from Black Doom’s blood so it could be interesting to see that in the movie.
Also Shadow was created 50 years ago, It has to explain how Gerald Robotnik get ahold of Hedgehog DNA to create Shadow
Old 05-27-2022, 01:11 AM   #14
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I have the Shadow game and finished it but I don’t remember much of it now. I’m sure there’s some interesting things they can use from it though.

I have to go back and refresh my mind on Shadow’s whole backstory.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:41 PM   #15
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

If Amy appears as being hinted at it'd to some hilerious moments.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 03:29 PM   #16
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I have the Shadow game and finished it but I don’t remember much of it now. I’m sure there’s some interesting things they can use from it though.

I never played Shadow's game, But in that game the villain is Black Doom, and has something to do with Shadow's origin, He gave Gerald some of his DNA to create him.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:12 PM   #17
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post

Well, the game mostly contradicts itself due to how many branching paths there are, making it hard to get a grasp really happened in the story.

If you want the short version of what the game is (presumably) trying to say about Shadow's backstory:
A demonic looking alien overlord called Black Doom allowed Gerald to take some blood samples from him, transfusing this blood into Shadow in order to make him the Ultimate Lifeform. Black Doom intended to use Shadow to help him conquer Earth but Gerald prepared Shadow to stop him instead. Anything else is just repeated from SA2.

If you want my opinion, it's an idiotic addition. Any context clues in SA2 regarding the creation of Shadow indicated his powers came from the Chaos Emeralds as part of a series of Chaos Emerald experimentation. Saying Shadow got his powers from a blood transfusion with an alien is just weird, Sonic clearly doesn't need something like that use the Emeralds, so why does Shadow?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-28-2022, 02:08 AM   #18
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya that might be a little too wild for the movies to adapt.

I remember at the time one of the jokes about Shadow was he was supposed to be the ultimate life form...that just happened to look like Sonic?

Off the top of my head I’m thinking a better explanation could be that Gerald Robotnik actually discovered Sonic’s world and based Shadow on his species.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:35 PM   #19
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I never played Shadow's game
It's not a good game and the story is hilariously awful but you might have some fun with it gameplay wise. It's one of those games that is janked up the ass and you will get annoyed by the amount of bugs it has but the gunplay can actually be pretty fun. You can argue that Shadow wielding weapons is idiotic which I would agree on because renegade or not, he shouldn't waste his time on those when his powers are capable enough but the guns work for the most part. The vehicles though...you can stay away from those within a ten foot pole.

As for the movie, it's best to keep any elements of Shadow's game out. Bad ideas then, bad ideas now.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:37 PM   #20
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Knowing that this movie will be family-friendly, Shadow won't be able to use guns or other weapons, and he'll probably have a weird backstory tied to G.U.N.

What happened to Maria onboard The Ark will have to be heavily edited to keep the movie PG, which means both of them might not be used within the final script.

Yeah, I think that plans for the third movie got rushed out a bit too soon.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote