The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-16-2021, 06:31 PM   #41
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Huh. No clue who the new editor is? Also, that was probably one of the most diplomatically elusive goodbyes I've read. He's leaving... because of landmarks? I get it, but c'mon. What's the real deal?
Maybe just ready for a new gig?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 07:52 PM   #42
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

This is a beautiful issues, the visuals speak for themselves, This is good use of visual storytelling.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:07 AM   #43
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
This is a beautiful issues, the visuals speak for themselves, This is good use of visual storytelling.
And had there been an actual story to speak of, or if the catalyst had actually meant something at least, maybe that statement could have been true. What this actually is however, is pretentious because it's essentially an artsy attempt to disguise filler for an already slow series that dropped the ball around the time you started praising it.

Besides, as already stated, it's built on a plothole:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
So why hasn't Lita just told them that Hob has the weasels in the first place? Or did she and they just don't know where Hob is hunkered down at?
So I reiterate and build on what Ninjinster stated, Why are they acting as if the weasels just ran away somewhere when one of the characters looking for them know what really happened? Whether or not she knew where Hob was, how does calling out for them in the streets or asking random passerby's help?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 02:06 PM   #44
Dangv
Random Punk

Meh. Didn't cringe this issue so I guess that's something. Cool cover though.
Dangv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 02:21 PM   #45
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

What?!? The weasels?!? They are gone?!? Noooo!!! Won’t someone please give a damn about the weasels?!? Because I sure don’t…

I have been MIA for a while here and just stopped in to get the feel of what everyone else feels. I was expecting everyone to still be praising the book and the changes that have taken place since Splinter’s death. I am pleasantly surprised to see that there are other people who are tired of the whole “Mutant Town” aspect. I don’t know, I just have been so bored with it. I was looking forward to reading the Christmas issue because I have always enjoyed those. Too bad there was literally nothing to “read”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Quality writing from a good author, amirite?

Maybe Campbell should write cartoons and SJW crap, as opposed to adult works?
It is amazing to me just how much of this crap infiltrates the industry (and our modern pop culture in general). I keep noticing things sneaking into newer issues.

I haven’t read the 2021 Annual yet. I am saving that for after Christmas to read. But yea, I have just been underwhelmed by everything since “Mutant Town” began. Even as a very loyal and passionate fan of hard rock/heavy metal music, I could not believe that “the stakes” of the future literally came down to a “Battle Of The Bands”. I hoped Lita was using it as an excuse to get everyone together for something much bigger that was going to go down at the club. But…apparently not.

I don’t know, I hate to be one of those annoying fans who complains about everything, but this book used to be one I looked so forward to every month. I stopped reading at #116 for several months to take a break for a while and let the back issues pile up on my shelf and I just now got around to catching up with everything so I could get to the anticipated Christmas issue before Christmas and, well…mainly disappointment.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #46
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I expected the arc to last #101-#105 and move on past Mutant Town. I never imagined what it became. I just want it to go away.

The biggest thing about this issue is Bobby Curnow leaving the book. I wondered why he enabled the direction to go on as long as it has. It just seems out of nowhere.
Old 12-19-2021, 09:16 PM   #47
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Even as a very loyal and passionate fan of hard rock/heavy metal music, I could not believe that “the stakes” of the future literally came down to a “Battle Of The Bands”. I hoped Lita was using it as an excuse to get everyone together for something much bigger that was going to go down at the club. But…apparently not.
That would have been awesome. Instead of Bebop and rocksteady just quitting in the most unlike them way ever...Jennika's band finishes their song. Bebop and Rocksteady take to the stage to stare them down trying to figure out how to keep their pride because they cant match the soul behind the song and as is about to start the floor collapses from under them as a new villian/Madam Null/The Rat King takes them to a new battlefield where they have to fight their way out and possibly get some real begrudging respect from the duo instead of the Mary Sue BS that was the actual end of that 'arc'.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:22 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Maybe just ready for a new gig?
Oh, probably. I'm mostly being facetious.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:07 AM   #49
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh, probably. I'm mostly being facetious.
I mean, I'd be ready for a new gig too, with the hole the story has written itself into and the response from fans. You know, as opposed to fixing it.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #50
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Okay, I finally read this issue... and the two previous. Very sweet. Did Casey make Mikey and Leo hug or something?

The return of Woody... epic. Also loved Shawn Lee trolling at the end.

I think this issue appealed because it actually had a moment with the four guys and Splinter again. Their friends are important, of course, but I think the family bond of the Turtles and Splinter is what kept us fans fans so long. Maybe some might say it's immature to want the Turtles to never grow up and have romantic relationships and such, but meh, most romantic relationships seem less mature to me. Raph and Alopex are tolerable, but Alopex is a pretty bland character overall.

Interesting angle, with Saki being the ghost of Christmas present or something.

The previous three issues overall were decent, with the main focus being the weasels breaking Hob free, Leo finding fight club, and Hob kidnapping the weasels. Hob remains one of the most compelling characters in the book. And it's nice to see Casey backing off in his douchery, although it would be nice to see him and April interact.

I'm with pretty much everyone else on this arc, there are some cool ideas with some rather cutesy and decompressed execution, and I find it a drag that we will be getting the Punk Frogs instead of ... the actual plot that was being advanced (Raph becoming the law enforcement, Leo in the fight club, etc). It would be great if this series didn't introduce a new character for like..m 6 issues. There are already way more than enough.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #51
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
And it's nice to see Casey backing off in his douchery, although it would be nice to see him and April interact.
I was watching an interview with Campbell recently and she said she is trying to take him back to a more Mirage-esque gruff character. I haven't really read the mirage stuff yet so I am not sure.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:08 AM   #52
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Hm. Fair, but the casual misogyny moments don't hold up well 30 years later. The drinking and losing control was a plot point in the Mirage and Image comics, for sure.