The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 11:51 PM   #81
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Just don't make it so the whole story was simply a dream from the boy who lost the turtles down the sewer drain so many years ago.
that'd be one HECK of a dream we were talking about!

kid would have had to have been in a years-long coma!!

...actually, that'd be verrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting!

Spoiler:
NAH!
Old 07-22-2017, 03:38 AM   #82
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well in another 6 months PL turns 64, so I'm not sure how many more years he can wait before he loses interest 100%.

As I said if it doesn't happen within at least the next 2 years or so, I don't believe it ever will.

you have no idea of the power that self created material has on you.none of us can actually really understands the bond peter and kevin share to their turtles I think. this has nothing to do with age here...pete could one day come around the corner and knock everyone and their sister out of the universe with a dramatic, organic and interesting turtles volume 4 continuation
Old 07-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord

He originally said the reason he took a break from Volume 4 was that he lost interest and didn't feel attached to the Turtles as much since the sale to Viacom in 2009. PL even said he never read most of the Tales of the TMNT issues that Mirage was still publishing at the time in the later half from 2006-2010.

If PL didn't even bother to read every comic published by his own company and fellow Mirage writers/artists, you can tell he wanted to distance himself from the property for awhile.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #84
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
If PL didn't even bother to read every comic published by his own company and fellow Mirage writers/artists, you can tell he wanted to distance himself from the property for awhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
So yeah, I expect it would be more like what you say, or enough time passes and he's just struck with the urge to return and finish what he's started. Given the fact that he's actually discussing the possibility now, the process might have already begun.
Like I said if he starts to get more exposure from conventions or press interviews it may reinvignorate his interest enough for him to something with Volume 4 even if it's taking part in the production of reprints.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:51 PM   #85
AquaParade
Banned

I'd be really interested in a Mirage vol. 5 from Peter. I wish he could shake off all the cobwebs of volume 4 and give us another fresh take - a vision of how he see's tmnt these days. Like how Image and vol.4 felt when they started.

Not spitballing likely scenarios here, just what I'd be interested in.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'd be really interested in a Mirage vol. 5 from Peter. I wish he could shake off all the cobwebs of volume 4 and give us another fresh take - a vision of how he see's tmnt these days. Like how Image and vol.4 felt when they started.

Not spitballing likely scenarios here, just what I'd be interested in.
I'd love to see a completion of V4 from Peter, then a V5 with him "heavily involved" (as would be required, per the 18 issue agreement with Nick) with new and/or old talent doing the "meat" of things. Kind of like Tales V2, but focused and linear and with planned-out story arcs.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:09 PM   #87
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'd love to see a completion of V4 from Peter, then a V5 with him "heavily involved" (as would be required, per the 18 issue agreement with Nick) with new and/or old talent doing the "meat" of things. Kind of like Tales V2, but focused and linear and with planned-out story arcs.
Agreed. With Eastman involvement as well. Somebody bring back the dream team!
Old 07-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

Once Peter and Kevin retire I don't think Mirage TMNT will continue in any form. And having new young writers trying to write in the Mirage universe would just feel wrong.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
And having new young writers trying to write in the Mirage universe would just feel wrong.
Did the Tristan Jones stuff feel wrong? Did the Ross May stuff seem wrong?
Old 07-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
It was good, but it didn't feel much like Mirage TMNT, in any case. The Turtles were also written more similar to the modern (back in the early 2000's modern) style than feeling like the old 80's/90's style, if that makes any sense.

I just re-read all 70 Tales issues a few months ago, you'll be surprised how much "Cowabunga" is dropped, even by issues written by Jim Lawson or Murphy or Dan Berger.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:22 PM   #91
Logan
Hench Mutant

I really hope Peter gets around to this. I don't want to find out one day that he died and that his epitaph reads, "He never finished Volume 4."

If and when he does get back in the saddle, I'm hoping he's more of a mind to create material that fans will want to read. I'm all for creative freedom and not being a slave to fan service, but volume 4 feels less like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and more like just plain Turtles.

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:24 PM   #92
CyberCubed
Overlord

Considering he would just be wrapping up the current storylines, I don't see what you'd expect further. His role in the TMNT franchise is done.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #93
Logan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Considering he would just be wrapping up the current storylines, I don't see what you'd expect further. His role in the TMNT franchise is done.
Hope springs eternal.

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #94
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well as I keep saying, he's 63 years old. By the time he finishes Volume 4 if he ever does he'll be pushing 70. Unfortunately people don't live forever, and in his 70's I think he'd rather be enjoying the twilight years of his life rather than working on a comic.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #95
Casey
Stone Warrior

Yeah. I was ready to be let down. Still am lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Such a minor comment, and yet, it fills me with hope!!!

And I thought this was going to be a trolling post from you, Andrew.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:23 PM   #96
Bircher
Thug

Quote:
Well as I keep saying, he's 63 years old. By the time he finishes Volume 4 if he ever does he'll be pushing 70. Unfortunately people don't live forever, and in his 70's I think he'd rather be enjoying the twilight years of his life rather than working on a comic.
hopefully it wouldn't take him that long if he got into it again. Also, 70 isn't that old. I know plenty of passionate 70 and even 80 year old people that have no desire to spend the rest of their days doing nothing but playing golf or cards. It's not like writing comics is physically exhausting
Bircher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:44 PM   #97
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bircher View Post
hopefully it wouldn't take him that long if he got into it again. Also, 70 isn't that old. I know plenty of passionate 70 and even 80 year old people that have no desire to spend the rest of their days doing nothing but playing golf or cards. It's not like writing comics is physically exhausting
Well, he flat out stopped Volume 4 regularly exactly because he got exhausted and wanted a break from the franchise. And he was still only in his 50's when he did that.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #98
ToTheNines
[sic]

So? Young people experience burnout all the time. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with age.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:20 PM   #99
Bircher
Thug

I am just really grateful that this is even an option. Star Wars fans are stuck with what ever Disney puts out (for good or bad). Fans that prefer Lucas' work have no hope of Lucas stories.

I am so glad Peter had the option put in the contract to put out stories. So awesome.

I also hope he can be convinced to "executive produce" some Tales stories
Bircher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Quote:
It was good, but it didn't feel much like Mirage TMNT, in any case. The Turtles were also written more similar to the modern (back in the early 2000's modern) style than feeling like the old 80's/90's style, if that makes any sense.
I guess that's true. Tristan said he wrote the Turtles like people write Batman or X-Men or anything else... as if the main characters are in a constant flux state of "present day," even if previous comics were pretty clearly set at a certain time. That take, I think, works for mainstream comics, but not for something like Mirage TMNT which are pretty specifically anchored to certain dates and events in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s.