The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-13-2022, 07:22 AM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
They didn't "knock me out," just made my upper arm hurt A LOT. Too much to even move it. It wasn't fun and trying to sleep was awful, but it didn't make me ill.

I DO know people who felt ill for a day and even had a fever...but they've also felt ill with some OTHER vaccines as well, so this isn't some horrible thing that's Covid vaccine specific that has never happened with anything else. My mom felt ill with both Covid and the Shingles shot she'd gotten some months before, but said the Shingles one was worse.

She'd even gotten the booster when it became available. But it didn't do her in, nor did Covid via likely Omicron.
Yeah but none of you were in your 60s or even 90s.

As for Saget, cause of death still unknown, or perhaps it's 'how are gonna spin this'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:00 PM   #42
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah but none of you were in your 60s or even 90s.
You know the ages of everyone around me?

Sorry, my mom was 70 when she got the vaccines and then the booster, and a longtime diabetic so an added immune complication, but thanks for playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
'how are gonna spin this'.
I hope that doesn't mean that if it comes back that it was not at all Covid or vaccine related that some of you (and by "you" I mean society in general who are taking issues with it all) aren't then going to refuse to believe that it wasn't because you want to believe that it was.

edit: Guess he had already had Covid at some point recently. Article says he'd had it around the holidays, but was feeling batter.

Quote:
https://abc7.com/bob-saget-death-cov...port/11460513/

ORLANDO, Fla. (KABC) -- Though the official cause and manner of Bob Saget's death have not been released, the beloved comedian was reportedly diagnosed with COVID-19 weeks before he died.

According to a report published by People Magazine, Saget referenced his battle with coronavirus during his last show over the weekend, but people in the audience say the comedian appeared okay.

Saget reportedly texted a friend about his diagnosis two days before his death, saying he got sick sometime around the holidays but was feeling better.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-13-2022 at 12:08 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:14 AM   #43
Mayhem
Foot Elite

My parents are both in their 70s. Had all their Covid shots. All their friends are around the same age bracket and have done too. No issues with anyone. Yes, there is a tiny chance of getting blood clots from the vaccine. The chances of suffering blood clots is 50 times more likely if you have Covid than from receiving the vaccine. Don't see you mentioning that, do we? So I'm willing to bet if he had a blood clot related death, which was more likely to have triggered it...
Old 01-14-2022, 03:40 AM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise

I can't fault anyone for asking questions, at the least. Dude was in way better health and general condition than most 65-year olds, and most people don't just drop dead out of nowhere just hours after being Perfectly Fine, not even at 65. If he had Covid at that moment in time, he certainly didn't know it, because he was out there doing two-hour standup sets, which he wouldn't have willingly done if he'd been sick and known he was sick, and/or wouldn't have been able to do anyway even if he didn't know because surely some symptoms would have precluded such activities, even if it was just shortness of breath. So clearly HE thought he was perfectly fine.

I mean, my Dad died in his sleep at 65, but he was also severely overweight, had an incredibly bad heart to the point where he should've been dead ten times over by then, routinely had fluid in his lungs, AND he had a cold. So to us, nobody was surprised when he suddenly died, other than he'd just been up walking around mumbling about having to piss like two hours beforehand.

Saget, though? Brother, I'm not even 40 and *I* couldn't find the stamina to do a two-hour standup set. Guy might've been healthier than I am, for all I know. It just seems a bit too "out of nowhere", is all, considering the specific circumstances.

But I mean, Sh*t Happens, often randomly. Could it have just been some random thing? For sure, definitely, and probably was.

But if people wanna ask questions? Fine. It does seem a little off. And it's human nature in such instances to be like, "Yo... what the f*ck? Dude was fine, or so we thought." That doesn't mean anything sketchy actually happened, it just means it's natural to ask and wonder, and to explore possibilities. I don't think people should be scolded for it.

Let's be honest, though, and just for a moment play Devil's Advocate: If he did die from "complications" from the booster, as unlikely as that would be, but let's pretend that was a thing that was possible... do you REALLY think they'd report it?

No, they wouldn't. They would never, ever report that when every second or third commercial on TV, or ad that pops up before a YouTube video, is about getting boosted. Even if there was concrete proof, they'd bury it. You know this, I'm sure.

And when you know that "Well, even if there ARE aliens, the government would never TELL us about it," you get into the habit of looking for "the real truth" in every story that comes along. It's only natural.

It's an unfortunate side effect of living in a society where the people who report to us have lost all credibility. Frankly, I don't see how we ever go back. Constant skepticism and "conspiracy theories" are here to stay... because we simply can no longer trust that we're being told the truth, about ANYTHING.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:34 AM   #45
mrmaczaps
Banned

Legit working vaccines don't need commercials, constantly running on all platforms or "Presidents" having a hissy fit that his tyrannical overreach wasn't approved by the Supreme Court... because its unfvckingconstitutional. But we can all go back and forth over and over again and I still will not take the poison and you still will never believe its poison.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:27 AM   #46
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
You know the ages of everyone around me?

Sorry, my mom was 70 when she got the vaccines and then the booster, and a longtime diabetic so an added immune complication, but thanks for playing.
That's your mom's case, but she's not Bob Saget is she? Everyone is different. Even for CoVid itself there are people that are obese and diabetic and immune compromised that have kicked it to the curb in 3 days. It's different for everyone. Otherwise with the obesity in America we'd have 3 times as many deaths. Maybe even more than half the country would be dead for CoVid.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-14-2022, 11:28 AM   #47
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sure, and Bob Saget isn't everyone either. Not that we know the cause of his death yet. But even if it was SOMEHOW vaccine related (which isn't really sounding likely anyhow given the time frame) a rare case of a tragic issue would not mean the vaccine is evil and out to destroy us all.

And lets be honest, people using his death as yet another excuse to yell about vaccines when we don't even know the cause yet is kinda messed up.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:20 PM   #48
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Sure, and Bob Saget isn't everyone either. Not that we know the cause of his death yet. But even if it was SOMEHOW vaccine related (which isn't really sounding likely anyhow given the time frame) a rare case of a tragic issue would not mean the vaccine is evil and out to destroy us all.

And lets be honest, people using his death as yet another excuse to yell about vaccines when we don't even know the cause yet is kinda messed up.
I mean, he did get boosted a few days before so...... and then those tweets were suspiciously deleted.... so.....

Like this wouldn't even be a thing if either he didn't get boosted at all or got boosted a few months ago. Or if they didn't hurry to delete the tweets.

And well... if it caused it, the media will never say. They'll either drum up another cause or just leave is 'and we'll never know why Bob Saget died in 2022, we will NEVER EVER know, just one of life's mysteries, stop asking questions.'

And if the booster had a hand in his passing, trying to cover it up because 'it goes against the narrative' or 'it makes you feel bad' is even more messed up.

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 01-14-2022 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:31 PM   #49
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I mean if it turns out it's associated with it, then have at it. At that time.

And if they reveal a cause that has zero to do with it... how much money do you think I should wager on a guess that some people will insist that they're being lied to, that it's a cover up, and that it must be the vaccine/booster, because they want it to be.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:39 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
And if they reveal a cause that has zero to do with it... how much money do you think I should wager on a guess that some people will insist that they're being lied to, that it's a cover up, and that it must be the vaccine/booster, because they want it to be.
Oh, they will. Of course they will. Though it's hard to blame them with the pretty wanton lying going on at seemingly every level of government and their propaganda wing known as the news.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:53 PM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I mean if it turns out it's associated with it, then have at it. At that time.

And you honestly, truly believe they would reveal the booster had a hand in his passing? Let's be honest here. You really expect CNN or whoever to publically reveal that?

The only way we'll ever find out is if someone risks their job or even their life to 'expose' that, and even then you won't buy it.

Old 01-14-2022, 01:18 PM   #52
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm not one of those people who think everything and anything is bound to be a conspiracy or that people are always out to trick us, so not really, no.

Either way, those who have had any issue with the vaccine are a very small minority compared to everyone else globally who has had zero issue. If Bob Saget is one of those who did, that is very sad, but his fame doesn't change that those are still rare cases and that it ultimately means little for the rest of us who are fine.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:07 PM   #53
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I'm not one of those people who think everything and anything is bound to be a conspiracy or that people are always out to trick us, so not really, no.

Either way, those who have had any issue with the vaccine are a very small minority compared to everyone else globally who has had zero issue. If Bob Saget is one of those who did, that is very sad, but his fame doesn't change that those are still rare cases and that it ultimately means little for the rest of us who are fine.
Nowadays conspiracies are pretty much spoilers. Just wait long enough until it's too big to contain that the media is forced to admit it.

If the booster had a hand in this we won't find out til years after CoVid is a bad memory on some 'Did you Know??' kinda show, whenever people are actually able to speak about CoVid and the failed vaccines openly and freely without all this backlash since CoVid will be as forgotten as the bird flu and the swine flu.

Y'know, around the time they'll start rolling out 'if you got the vaccine in 2020/2021, you might be entitled to compensation!'

Old 01-15-2022, 08:04 PM   #54
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

That's a real bummer.

Bob came to my city for a stand up comedy show about a few months ago. Regardless of what took him, he seemed to enjoy in what he did.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:26 PM   #55
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I'm not crying, you're crying!

Do if I understand correctly, it was not a heart attack, but it was a blood clot. It would seem that would be detected if its lethal.
Old 01-15-2022, 08:27 PM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Blood clot you say.....

Old 01-16-2022, 12:29 AM   #57
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Don't even... Blood clots are one source of strokes even without any kind of vaccine...

If it really was, then maybe one in his system somewhere simply broke loose, ended up in a bad place to be and that was that. :\
Old 01-16-2022, 02:41 AM   #58
Leo656
The Franchise

I honestly hadn't (and haven't) heard that, but if true, the timing IS suspicious even if it doesn't confirm anything.

I mean, all this chatter right now about the vaccine and blood clots, and then out of nowhere an otherwise "perfectly healthy (outwardly)" person dies of a blood clot (allegedly; as I said I have not seen or heard this "news")... I think if you DON'T at least go "Hmmm..." then you're maybe not good at thinking critically in general, even if you don't subscribe to the theory. Entertaining a possibility does not in any way mean you agree with it, after all.

Like, let's pretend you live in a neighborhood where there's a sudden spike in people's brake lines being cut by some ne'er-do-well. If you're out driving, and your brakes fail, are you then going to chalk it up to "coincidence", or are you at least going to entertain the possibility that "Hmm... maybe it WAS the brake-cutter person and they struck again?" MAYBE your brakes just failed on their own, since that happens far more often than someone cutting them just in general, but you would have to admit, the timing of it was incredibly suspect given everything else going on at the same time. Get it?

I don't know. And frankly, I actually don't even care a ton. Dead is dead, the guy is gone. I have no emotional investment in his cause of death either way, I just don't like how suddenly we're not supposed to even ask questions anymore. It's contrary to how I was raised, which was "Always Ask Questions".

Like, what I REALLY don't like, is when people write scathing articles attacking anyone who does ask said questions and make really pointed statements, calling people idiots or loons, for example, and to assert their point about those people being "crazy nutjobs", they say some variant of "Everyone except those morons knows that getting blood clots as a side effect from the vaccine is a rare occurence."

Okay, fine, except "rare" does NOT mean "impossible", and even "those morons" know that and that's WHY they wanna ask questions. Makes sense to me. "Highly unlikely" does NOT mean "impossible" no matter how some people want it to, and want to try and shut down any conversation by acting as such.

It's not a case of "If there's even a 1% chance we have to take it as an absolute certainty." Not even close. But it means if there IS even a 1% chance, you can't rightly call people names or shout them down simply for asking a question or speculating on a theory. Curiosity and trying to force things to make sense when they outwardly do not make sense is all just part of human nature, after all.

Anyways, when did this blood clot thing supposedly come out? I wasn't online much today (Saturday) so I missed it. It's not in my News feed, apparently. Kinda feels like "wishful thinking" from a certain section of the population, to be totally honest. But again, I haven't read anything.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:43 AM   #59
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Don't even... Blood clots are one source of strokes even without any kind of vaccine...

If it really was, then maybe one in his system somewhere simply broke loose, ended up in a bad place to be and that was that. :\
Its a blood clot, but not a vaccine related one!!

For fvcks sake. Cause and effect. He had the 3rd jab, he got blood clots and fvcking died of it. Vaccine DEATH.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:14 AM   #60
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Ultimately it won't be known for a couple of months once toxicology reports return. I saw an article on my Nebraska App that suggests a blood clot. Also, the latest is in line with what Leo mentioned earlier about a hereditary heart issue and was my initial assessment upon hearing about it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz...ry-dad-uncles/

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/11/bob-s...investigation/

In honor of Bob's humor, he was the sweetest BS there ever was.