The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #81
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
Not sure if someone can find it but during that behind the scenes show, there was a ad with a kid that turned his bike into the assault van from the movie. And it was hyping products and at the end it had the movie logo and it was rated PG-13.

I remember seeing it...that might be hard to find seeing that all copies I know of have the commercials cut out and I deleted it off my DVR since it was cut short due to that stupid Kids Choice Sports Awards show, that and TigerClaw downloaded the whole thing commercial free!
Old 07-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #82
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
will never happen...and i dont mean this to be mean, as long as TMNT has marketing value it will always be aimed at Kids...sure we may get a TMNT movie with some adultish tones but its main audience will always be kids
But why!?!? why can't we ever have a more serious TMNT movie? i'm tired of people looking at TMNT like it was only made for kids! well at least this movie is rated PG-13 so we'll get some adultish themes, but i really love the Original Mirage comics.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #83
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
But why!?!?
Money

you only market at adults then you lose all that extra product that is aimed at kids..no food tie ins, no back to school, no video games, no themed clothes, no toys

we wouldnt be seeing any of this extra stuff...sure some of it is nods to older fans but a good chuck of it is for kids

think about all the "Adult" movies and think about the market based on them, think about the products attached to them and where

its the same thing many tell the Power Ranger fans..we see stuff on the shelf because it has the Child Market, but take the away and we lose it all..even "Collector" items would be gone as they in the end are technically toys..without a market to sell to besides the movie itself there is no merchandise

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #84
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Money

you only market at adults then you lose all that extra product that is aimed at kids..no food tie ins, no back to school, no video games, no themed clothes, no toys

we wouldnt be seeing any of this extra stuff...sure some of it is nods to older fans but a good chuck of it is for kids

think about all the "Adult" movies and think about the market based on them, think about the products attached to them and where
Okay i understand. but it doesn't have to be R, it could just be really dark and grim, like The Dark Knight, and that was a critical and commercial success, so it could be like TDK in tone. and still be PG-13.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #85
Vicky82
Emperor

So that means it be 12A for the UK

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #86
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
dark and grim,
ever since dark night came out i have grown to hate this term, every movie now has to be dark and grim these days because of batman

people seem to forget, that's how Batman is in his world, what as a visual style is now a crutch that guarantees seats be cause "It Looks Like Batman"...even Superman the lighter of the 2 was washed in the Grimdark waters because it was the only way they knew to sell him

sure TMNTS roots have a darker feel, but the world knows them as light hearted goofy brothers

Old 07-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #87
RedRocBoy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
But why!?!? why can't we ever have a more serious TMNT movie? i'm tired of people looking at TMNT like it was only made for kids! well at least this movie is rated PG-13 so we'll get some adultish themes, but i really love the Original Mirage comics.
I feel the same way. Wish they just went the straight action movie route. I'm still pumped for the new flick but just wish that people took the turtles more seriously.
RedRocBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:33 PM   #88
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
ever since dark night came out i have grown to hate this term, every movie now has to be dark and grim these days because of batman

people seem to forget, that's how Batman is in his world, what as a visual style is now a crutch that guarantees seats be cause "It Looks Like Batman"...even Superman the lighter of the 2 was washed in the Grimdark waters because it was the only way they knew to sell him

sure TMNTS roots have a darker feel, but the world knows them as light hearted goofy brothers
Well i understand why TDK had such a big impact on CBMs, and i loved MOS, i did feel like they made it too dark though, i mean that's not what Superman is, and didn't some of the same writers that wrote the Nolan Batman series, write MOS?

Most people don't take TMNT seriously, but just because the world knows them as goofy and Pizza obsessed, doesn't mean they can't make them more like their Mirage roots, a more serious TMNT movie would help people to take TMNT seriosly
Old 07-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #89
THGhost
Puppet Master

Either a PG or a 12 in the UK. Most likely a PG.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #90
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior

PG-13 is the best we could hope for. I'm good with that. I don't know if I'd really want to see an R rated turtles movie and PG just sounds too childish.

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #91
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
PG-13 is the best we could hope for. I'm good with that. I don't know if I'd really want to see an R rated turtles movie and PG just sounds too childish.
Yeah, PG-13 is the right rating for this movie, If you seen all the footage of the action, Its pretty intense and over the top.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #92
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Either a PG or a 12 in the UK. Most likely a PG.
No as it's PG13 in the US it be 12A in the UK unless they get scared and make it a 15 (probably would have been if this movie was out over 10 years ago because over the nunchucks and the word Ninja in the title) or they could cut stuff out of it to make it PG.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #93
trikuza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
No as it's PG13 in the US it be 12A in the UK unless they get scared and make it a 15 (probably would have been if this movie was out over 10 years ago because over the nunchucks and the word Ninja in the title)
from what I've seen, leo actually slashes people with his sword, without blood of course. same thing they did for the ninja fights in g.i.joe
trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #94
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
No as it's PG13 in the US it be 12A in the UK unless they get scared and make it a 15 (probably would have been if this movie was out over 10 years ago because over the nunchucks and the word Ninja in the title) or they could cut stuff out of it to make it PG.
random question Vicky...what are the rating levels in the UK?

Old 07-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #95
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Blame the OT for setting the trend, because now so many entitled parents EXPECT everything TMNT to be 'for kids.' If any exec tried to make a 'grown up' TMNT movie, she'd/he'd be drawn and quartered, so they don't have the pair to even try. The reason for this is because so many entitled parents think that they have to have their lives revolve almost entirely around their kids, and get upset when others' lives don't do the same. (Thus why no grown-up TMNT movie 'allowed.') These are very often the same people who would drag their kids even to an R-rated TMNT movie, because these people won't say no to their spoiled kids because then they will see widdle Jonny cry. Then they'll complain when the movie has intense scenes and heavy violence, because TMNT is 'supposed' to be for kids.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 07-22-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #96
trikuza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Blame the OT for setting the trend, because now so many entitled parents EXPECT everything TMNT to be 'for kids.' If any exec tried to make a 'grown up' TMNT movie, she'd/he'd be drawn and quartered, so they don't have the pair to even try. The reason for this is because so many recent parents think that they have to have their lives revolve almost entirely around their kids, and get upset when others' lives don't do the same. (Thus why no grown-up TMNT movie 'allowed.') These are very often the same parents who would drag their kids even to an R-rated TMNT movie, because they won't say no to their spoiled kids because then they'll see widdle Jonny cry. Then they'll complain when the movie has intense scenes and heavy violence, because TMNT is 'supposed' to be for kids.
moms would be boycotting R-Rated ninja turtles like they did when Eminem's controversial lyrics reached mainstream.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #97
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikuza View Post
moms would be boycotting R-Rated ninja turtles like they did when Eminem's controversial lyrics reached mainstream.
It doesn't have to be R-rated
Old 07-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #98
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
random question Vicky...what are the rating levels in the UK?
U - Suitable for all
PG - Parental Guidence
12A - Have to be 12 years or over if you are under 12 you have to be with an adult (It used to be just 12 until the very 1st Spiderman film come out which was a 12 at that time and parents got angry about it as there kids couldn't see it so they changed the rating to 12A a few weeks later)
15 - Have to be over 15 years
18 - Have to be over 18 years

Old 07-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #99
trikuza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
It doesn't have to be R-rated
i know, but these guys were talking about if they had a turtle movie like the comics where foot soldiers were lying in pools of their own blood lol
Old 07-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #100
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikuza View Post
That's the problem though, they are used to having people kiss their butt just because they had kids. If more people (and non-entitled parents) stood up to them, then this group would lose it's sway.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films