Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 04:09 PM   #2301
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Honestly Sergent Woodpecker isn't any worse than the mutant names for the Nick series.

We had characters named Newtralizer, Dogpound, Fishface, Pigeon Pete, Fungus Humungus, etc.

All mutant names sound really corny until you get used to them.
To be fair, all of those names are pretty horrible too (except Pigeon Pete, which is nice with its simple alliteration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Looks like a date and time will be announced soon for the character designs reveal

Nice.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:11 PM   #2302
Sumac
Banned

Sergeant Woodpecker?
Well, it doesn't out of place in the franchise with such names as "Sergeant Bananas", "Doctor El" or "Wingnut and Screwloose".
Old 01-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #2303
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm looking forward to Sergeant Woodpecker.

Sounds like a villain to me, maybe working for Baron Draxum.

Possibly a bird mutant? In that case, I imagine he would be like Falco Lombardi

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #2304
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Not a fan of a lot of the dialogue I'm hearing from the characters, but I'm still going to reserve judgement until I see images or a trailer.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #2305
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

A date and time is coming soon to see the designs at an even later date.

Uuuuugh, stop messing with me Niccckkkkk, Goooooood.

Still, I'm excited to see them.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:33 PM   #2306
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'm starting to wonder if this kind of trickle-feed social marketing causes more trouble than it's worth. It gives people the opportunity to scrutinize individual details without the context of the whole, cohesive product. It happens over, and over again too, creating an avalanche of opinion that isn't informed by the final product, but directed towards it.

It may be better to just keep a lid on everything until a trailer is ready, so at least people know how it all fits together.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:45 PM   #2307
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm guessing now there's a whole underground city of mutants now. Which would make sense given the shows description. A whole underground city of animal mutants run by Baron Draxum, and he wants to change the entire surface world of humans into mutants.

I see the pieces are starting to fall into place.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #2308
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Did anyone here watch Spider-Man Unlimited? That's kind of what I'm expecting with this show:

Spoiler:

It came out right after Spider-Man TAS but it wasn't in continuity with it, it was a reboot. In that show Peter Parker is in a different New York,everyone had radical new designs, there are many mutants living in New York, the villains are mostly new and the few that are old are very different and might as well be new characters, the symbiotes were loose and it was just crazy.

It's hated by most people, I liked some of the things it did and hated some of the others, I thought it had potential to get better but it got cancelled after one season. The problem is it did go a little wild in their interpretation, you can change some of the status quo, but if you change too much and it's not compelling, you just can't win people over.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:20 PM   #2309
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I'm guessing now there's a whole underground city of mutants now. Which would make sense given the shows description. A whole underground city of animal mutants run by Baron Draxum, and he wants to change the entire surface world of humans into mutants.

I see the pieces are starting to fall into place.
The way they keep referring to the "mystical world" hidden under New York makes me wonder if the mutants in this show could be the result of magic rather than science
Old 01-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #2310
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
The way they keep referring to the "mystical world" hidden under New York makes me wonder if the mutants in this show could be the result of magic rather than science
Or it could be some mutants developed magical powers, there was the one mutant from the Nick series, who had the ability to get into people's dreams.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #2311
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Did anyone here watch Spider-Man Unlimited? That's kind of what I'm expecting with this show:

It came out right after Spider-Man TAS but it wasn't in continuity with it, it was a reboot. In that show Peter Parker is in a different New York,everyone had radical new designs, there are many mutants living in New York, the villains are mostly new and the few that are old are very different and might as well be new characters, the symbiotes were loose and it was just crazy.

It's hated by most people, I liked some of the things it did and hated some of the others, I thought it had potential to get better but it got cancelled after one season. The problem is it did go a little wild in their interpretation, you can change some of the status quo, but if you change too much and it's not compelling, you just can't win people over.
Yeah, I have been watching it.
I thought it was continuation of TAS (it was meant to be, I think, at some moment), and it was damn weird. But I liked some of its ideas. It was really really different from Spider-Man TAS and from other comic book stuff I was watching at the time. Sadly it had never received proper ending.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:18 AM   #2312
CyberCubed
Overlord

It seems this series is slowly coming together. I can see the stars are aligning. The prophecy is being fulfilled. Destiny is at hand.

All is as it should be. I expect greatness.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:35 AM   #2313
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
It seems this series is slowly coming together. I can see the stars are aligning. The prophecy is being fulfilled. Destiny is at hand.

All is as it should be. I expect greatness.
That is until sdps meme magic takes over and ruins everything

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:16 AM   #2314
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
That's because Raph is still Raph, leading him to make mistakes and he'll likely step down from the leadership role by the end of Season 1 and let Leonardo grow into his role of being the leader.
Tbh, that's something I don't want to see happen. It's pretty interesting that Raphael will be the leader in this version and I think it shows that any of the turtles can be the leader. Want to see where things go with someone else being in charge. Leo is my favorite turtle but there's more to him than just being the leader, imo.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:34 AM   #2315
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Looks like a date and time will be announced soon for the character designs reveal

https://78.media.tumblr.com/971df5e2...0huyo1_540.png

London Toy fair starts tomorrow and I had a look at the exhibit list and there was no mention of Playmates and Nickelodeon being there, so I guess they are skipping it this year.

I also had a look at the New York Toy Fair Exhibit list and it's looks like Playmates are skipping that too, but there is a Nickelodeon Exhibit, so there might be some TMNT toys there.
Flair PLC imports all of Playmates' toys in the UK like TMNT and Ben 10.
They do have stand this year, so who knows!
Old 01-23-2018, 08:11 AM   #2316
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Flair PLC imports all of Playmates' toys in the UK like TMNT and Ben 10.
They do have stand this year, so who knows!
I didn't know that, thanks.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:25 AM   #2317
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I didn't know that, thanks.
No problem.
I have not been able to find anything related to TMNT from the London Toy Fair.

Guess we'll just have to wait for the New York Toy Fair next month.
I'm sure the official TMNT accounts will show us something soon.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #2318
AquaParade
Banned

I'm sort of fascinated by the desire I have to check this thread everyday. I know the new show won't be up my alley. I'll likely never watch a whole episode.

Why so...curious?
Old 01-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #2319
sdp
Megan Fox = April

People are thirsty for information, the Rise of the TMNT speculation article I wrote months ago when we got our first synopsis is usually the most visited page on my site every week.

The page gets a ton of new hits every time new information comes out and even though the article is really old I was already mentioning lack of Shredder, totally different direction etc. I mean to me it seemed fairly obvious from that first synopsis.

I do think we'll see prototypes of the figures at Toyfair and maybe the designs a little before.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:09 AM   #2320
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Stop saying that i will not be in the show! I will be from episode one like idid in all previous 3 shows(1987 2003 2012).

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters