The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-11-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jack Nicholson In Poor Health: Possible Dementia

Quote:
Jack Nicholson has not been seen publicly in over a year—and close friends fear the legendary Hollywood actor is suffering from Dementia, Radar has been told.

The 84-year-old acting legend is currently living out his “sad last days” at his longtime, sprawling mansion in Beverly Hills, Calif. Since the '70s, Jack has owned a 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom, 3,303 sq. ft. property.

"Jack and I have been friends for years and he doesn't leave his house anymore... I think his son and daughter are looking after him now,” a pal of the three-time Oscar winner told Radar.

The actor has five children but was often photographed alongside his daughter Lorraine and son Ray. The insider spilled, “the Mulholland Drive community is pretty close-knit, and they are all worried about him. Physically he is fine — but his mind is gone. It's really sad to see such a super talented actor, like Jack, go out this way.”

The last film Nicholson appeared in was the 2010 romantic comedy How Do You Know starring Reese Witherspoon and Owen Wilson.

Before that, it was the 2007 flick The Bucket List costarring Morgan Freeman.

His last public appearance—as Radar can see—was on January 7, 2020, when he attended the Los Angeles Lakers vs. New York Knicks games at Staples Center. Nicholson was front row with his son Ray and rapper Tory Lanez.

The actor posed for photos with the now controversial artist.

In 2011, the year after his final film, Nicholson started selling off his property. He sold off his 28-acre Malibu mansion for $3.5 million after asking for $4.25 million. The following year, Nicholson listed the lot in the Hollywood Hills where one of his former homes stood until a fire burned it all down.

Back in 2018, sources told Radar the 12-time Academy Award nominee was stepping away from acting roles due to his memory loss.

A source said at the time, "There is a simple reason behind his decision — it's memory loss. Jack has memory issues and can no longer remember the lines being asked of him."

Despite his memory issues, his friends claimed Nicholson had no “intention of retiring from the limelight.” The insider told us at the time, "He's not retiring from public life, at all. He just doesn't want a tribute. He's happy to tacitly join the retirees club like Sean Connery."

Time, though, has changed things. The NBA season is set to commence in October but it's unlikely Nicholson will make a front-row appearance, according to our well-placed insider.

He also has no upcoming movie projects in the works.
https://radaronline.com/p/jack-nicho...alth-problems/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
The Deadman
Foot Elite

2 of his best performances, to me at least, will always be in the '89 Batman and Mars Attacks.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:25 PM   #3
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Well hopefully Jack can still find something fun and entertaining to do to keep himself happy and occupied.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:03 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
2 of his best performances, to me at least, will always be in the '89 Batman and Mars Attacks.
Those are objectively some of his least great. But still good. He's done way better.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:28 PM   #5
frank_one
Mad Scientist

One flew over the cuckoo's nest and The shining are my favorites among his performances. His Joker is way overrated
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:47 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

IDK, I loved his Joker. Yeah there were some changes like make him more of a mobster and an artist and whatnot, but that whole thing with the smylex commercial, that's pure Joker right there and something none of the other movies have even attempted to replicate.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:32 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's a real shame all the major actors of our day seem to be slowly dying off. I hope he gets to see Michael Keaton in the new Flash movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:40 AM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

He is an old man past the average life expectancy, is anyone actually surprised he's in poor health? Of course I feel bad for him and hope he gets better but it's kind of expected at his age.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:44 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's a real shame all the major actors of our day seem to be slowly dying off. I hope he gets to see Michael Keaton in the new Flash movie.
That's an interesting thing to mention. Because who knows. Maybe a Nicholson as Joker cameo in Flash could be a thing buried in the weeds here. If it was something small, it might be exactly the kind of thing he'd consider nowadays. Approaching retired Nicholson with, "well, we already tapped Keaton for Batman in this"... who knows.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:16 AM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's an interesting thing to mention. Because who knows. Maybe a Nicholson as Joker cameo in Flash could be a thing buried in the weeds here. If it was something small, it might be exactly the kind of thing he'd consider nowadays. Approaching retired Nicholson with, "well, we already tapped Keaton for Batman in this"... who knows.
Better be a real short cameo since he can't remember lines anymore.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:04 AM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sad, but at this age hardly surprising. Hopefully, his kids can still get him out to see a few of his games eventually, but if his mind is going to the point he's not grasping the necessary precautions of the state of the public environment right now, it would make sense if his family is simply keeping him safe at home in the past year.

I mean... look how severe dementia can make some people get rather mean and aggressive. Trying to take someone like that out somewhere where a mask is required, but they don't understand and get pretty angry about it and fight you on it... yeah, that would not be worth it.

Hopefully Jack's case is mild and he's just hanging at home for now because the world is a mess and not worth venturing out into if you don't really have to right now.

But like how the last line says "He also has no upcoming movie projects in the works," like yeah, no kidding.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote