The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-28-2021, 08:52 AM   #101
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

This should be good.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:59 PM   #102
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Season 4 hitting this December.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #103
Roseangelo
Emperor

So ready. Hoping it hits around Christmas.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:10 PM   #104
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's a good sign they were able to completely put this together within almost precisely 1 year. That bodes well for season 5 and 6 (they DID say they imagine 3 more seasons after 3 hit).
Old 08-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #105
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm still pulling for Hillary Swank before the show ends. New Mr. Miyagi flashbacks with a deepfake Pat Morita would be awesome as well.

I only watched the first few episodes of season 1, I'm guessing it hasn't lowered in quality than those first few episodes based on the hype.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #106
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's a good sign they were able to completely put this together within almost precisely 1 year. That bodes well for season 5 and 6 (they DID say they imagine 3 more seasons after 3 hit).
Pulling it all together in a year during COVID is especially impressive. I'm still waiting for season 3 of The Orville...

And yeah, I think they have outlines for two more seasons if Netflix green lights them. I would guess this is a cheaper show to produce, so that might actually be able to happen?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:31 PM   #107
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm still pulling for Hillary Swank before the show ends. New Mr. Miyagi flashbacks with a deepfake Pat Morita would be awesome as well.

I only watched the first few episodes of season 1, I'm guessing it hasn't lowered in quality than those first few episodes based on the hype.
Smart money is on Swank before the curtain call. They won't rule it out.

And the exciting part is that season 4 is the first time we'll see what kind of budget improvements Netflix afforded. Season 3 was already filmed by the time Netflix bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Pulling it all together in a year during COVID is especially impressive. I'm still waiting for season 3 of The Orville...

And yeah, I think they have outlines for two more seasons if Netflix green lights them. I would guess this is a cheaper show to produce, so that might actually be able to happen?
No way Netflix won that bidding war just to do 1 new season.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #108
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Renewed for Season 5. Production starts before S4 is released so shouldn't be a long wait between seasons.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/cobra-k...ix-1234823289/
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:49 AM   #109
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 09-27-2021, 07:59 AM   #110
sdp
Megan Fox = April

How would you guys feel with Mr Miyagi making a comeback in flashbacks done through deepfakes? Helping set up any ending that the show might have? We have the tech, it doesn't need to be faked for just a little bit, it can now be done for entire speeches and interactions with others.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #111
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Full trailer for season 4:

Quote:
How would you guys feel with Mr Miyagi making a comeback in flashbacks done through deepfakes? Helping set up any ending that the show might have? We have the tech, it doesn't need to be faked for just a little bit, it can now be done for entire speeches and interactions with others.
I'm fine with that.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #112
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Can't wait for the new season. That season 3 cliffhanger still gets me. Was such an epic moment.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:08 PM   #113
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This Friday!

Also, smart money says Aisha does come back this season.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/cobr...isha-season-4/

I bet she'll have a surprise return just in time for the tournament. If I had to guess... Silver/Kreese will find her and bring her in, for their side.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-28-2021 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:16 PM   #114
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I read an interview that said that "anyone that interacted with Mr. Miyagi can be in the show". I read that as "HILARY SWANK CONFIRMED!". Sadly that specifically said that Jackie Chan/Jaden would not be appearing because they never met Miyagi and it is just a remake of the karate kid in another continuity. That's untrue, they were clearly different characters with different names, set in a different location and while the theme was the same the events were different and have nothing to do with the original movie so they very well could appear the only thing they're right is there is no connection with Mr Miyagi. No, loss it's still a good movie and better than Karate Kid 2 & 3.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:50 PM   #115
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Swank will definitely be in it. Not sure if at the end of this one, but the next for sure.

Because they don't really have many more rabbits to pull out of their hat. We're getting Silver, we already know Mike Barnes is coming back. Who's left, other than Swank? The not-girlfriend from 3? That's all they've got.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:04 AM   #116
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well you still have from the Karate Kid cartoon Taki Tamurai, it won't happen since one of the writers tweeted that the cartoon was non-canon despite Mr. Miyagi being in it and that the episodes are narrated by Pat Morita as Miyagi. There's apparently an easter egg of the cartoon in season 3, I wonder what it is. The cartoon is pretty ridiculous since it involves a magic shrine they try to recover and they travel around the world for it. No real way for it to be "canon". But still some nods to the cartoon would be cool.

Old 12-29-2021, 03:38 PM   #117
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

They never showed Tory’s mom so it would be wild if they do, it would be Hilary Swank’s character all grown up.

If not then does she show up to give Daniel and Johnny’s team the edge they need since it feels like Kreese an Silver will have the upperhand open on them in the new season….just my guesses.

And throwing this out there. Terry Silver probably will know a counter to the pressure points attack that Chozen thought Daniel that he used on Kreese because he’s freaking Terry Silver. And potentially that Sato thought karate to Silver coming out of the army.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:13 PM   #118
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
They never showed Tory’s mom so it would be wild if they do, it would be Hilary Swank’s character all grown up.
They kind of allude to Tory's mom being a loser in an earlier season, though, don't they? Or sick and dying, or both? It's not impossible that that's Julie but it seems like... a weird and disappointing way to bring her in. Plus Julie didn't live in California, she lived in Boston. A more likely choice might be Daniel's non-girlfriend from Karate Kid III, Jessica. Though she was supposedly moving away after that movie she still might have moved back. Julie has no ties to California at all.

Which isn't to say there aren't ways to bring in Julie. Could be the anniversary of Miyagi's death, she comes to his grave and meets Daniel. Maybe she already knows Daniel from that, over the years.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #119
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I still need a deep fake Miyagi as a flashback in wish list as well. I only watched the first two episodes of Cobra Kai, waiting for it to finish before I start it. My first karate kid was actually the Jackie Chan one, i didn't watch the original movies until like 5 years ago lol
Old 12-29-2021, 04:42 PM   #120
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I still need a deep fake Miyagi as a flashback in wish list as well.
If they haven't done that yet, I don't see it happening to come. Still, surely between FOUR Karate Kid movies there has to be at least one decent deleted scene with him that could be dusted off as a new flashback, though, no?