The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 02-19-2023, 11:45 AM   #1
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

RIP Richard Belzer

Law & Order SVU's John Munch, Richard Belzer, has passed to heaven at 78. He made cameos as his character in Homicide: Life On The Streets (which was actually the debut of his character) as well as Homicide:The Movie, the original Law & Order, Law & Order: Trial By Jury, The X-Files, The Wire, Arrested Development, The Beat, and uncredited in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. He was known for his smart-aleck attitude, and played a lot of comedic roles in other films and series. We will miss you Richard Belzer, you were an amazing talent.

Last edited by triplexxx; 02-19-2023 at 07:31 PM.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 01:31 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Quite tragic indeed.

By the way, was there a reason for his character in Law and Order to be the same as his character on Homicide? Always though that was kind of odd.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 02:41 PM   #3
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Aw, what a shame. He was one of my favorites when he was on the show. In one of the more recent episodes of Law & Order SVU, Ice T's character was celebrating an anniversary and they had those from his old squad (prior to his SVU days) for the ep. I wish they'd brought Belzer back for the episode since he was his partner for so long. I wonder if the actor was sick or something like that which was why they didn't have him show up for the episode.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 08:41 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I loved that guy as Detective Munch with his little conspiracy theories, that were mostly not that far off from the truth. He would heated about them too.

I remember he was on that Homicide show where he and his partner had to work alongside Briscoe and Green and they didn't get along at first but eventually did by the time the crossover ended.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 03:39 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I know him best from that interview where Hulk Hogan choked him out
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote