The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-20-2023, 12:21 AM   #861
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by member_removed View Post
I feel as though I remember around the time of peak 90's Trek, I read a rumour she was also offered a role in Voyager, I guess either Chakatoy, Paris or Torres.
Which, if true, would have only been a few years after declining the DS9 role. I'm sure she was in the same headspace ("hang on, movie career is about to come").
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:06 PM   #862
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw episode 6 last night. So, uhhhh... are we sure this was just a throwaway thing?

Spoiler:

They literally have James T. Kirk's body on the station.

Old 03-23-2023, 01:30 PM   #863
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Saw episode 6 last night. So, uhhhh... are we sure this was just a throwaway thing?

Spoiler:

They literally have James T. Kirk's body on the station.

https://i.postimg.cc/Jhv0xK6B/330367...95473897-n.jpg

I thought Picard buried him?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:44 PM   #864
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I thought Picard buried him?
Presumably Starfleet would have removed any trace of the Enterprise-D and Kirk's body so as not to allow the civilization there to discover them. And that's exactly what Starfleet did or was in the process of doing in Shatner's old "The Return" novel.
Old 03-24-2023, 04:04 AM   #865
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Episode Six

Spoiler:

Having a direct follow-up to Star Trek IV wasn't on my memberberry scratch card but here we are. Looks like the Shatner penned novel Ashes of Eden isn't canon as the Enterprise-A is shown intact at the Fleet Museum. Also present are the second Defiant, the HMS Bounty from Star Trek IV, and of course...Voyager, which gets a little more focus due to Seven being there.

The cameo of Moriarty was nice, it wasn't the 'real' one, just one projected as a defence mechanism by Data/Lore/B4/Soong, have to admit, they kept the idea that they were doing a multi-personality Data synth quiet, as everyone just assumed it was simply going to be Lore from the trailers.

I know someone may say now is the part where you definitely had to have been paying attention to season one of Picard as we learn The Changelings stole Picard's human remains from Daystrom, but they continuously kept calling back to Picard's positronic body in prior episodes and this one so that at least reminds us all that this is the same show, and that it's all tying back to even the lore established by this spin-off.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:11 AM   #866
IMJ
Emperor

I can't help but feel that the "combined personality Data" was retooled from whatever was supposed to be the follow-up to Nemesis. It also follows the "out of his mind Spock" a bit.

It was a great episode. The Enterprise-A was a surprise and after all the hype the final role of Moriarty was really surprising. I'm glad the actor didn't mind doing that incredibly small 'memberberries appearance.

On another note, the novels are never cannon, although I only read the original TNG novel-line through to "Death In Winter."
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:44 AM   #867
CyberCubed
Overlord

A lot of great moments. 7 reminiscing about Voyager. Riker and Worf's interactions were fun. Geordi was very well handled and him being protective over his daughters was great.

Moriarty just being a brief cameo was for the best. Data being alive again and a combination of characters is going to be interesting. Data and Geordi's friendship was pointed out. Shaw fanboying Geordi was great. Nice moments with the younger cast too and Picard's son.

This was a great way to do a fanservice/nostalgia ep but still make everything make sense and fit the plot.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 01:13 PM   #868
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's a bit disappointing about Moriarty. I think I'd have rather they not have put him in the trailers at all if it was just going to turn out to be this (i.e., nothing). It'd be a fun surprise and not the enormous letdown it'd be ("Is Moriarty the big bad behind the scene?" "Is Moriarty, with a mobile emitter, teaming up with Lore?" etc., etc.) if we're left to ponder his role from the trailers alone. And no, it wasn't even him. It was just a crude recreation of the idea of him from Data's memories.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-24-2023 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2023, 01:16 PM   #869
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
It's a bit disappointing about Moriarty. I think I'd have rather they not have put him in the trailers if it was just going to turn out to be this (i.e., nothing). It'd be a fun surprise and not an enormous letdown ("Is Moriarty the big bad behind the scene?" "Is Moriarty, with a mobile emitter, teaming up with Lore?" etc., etc.).
I agree to an extent, but I'll throw this out there - what they did with Moriarty in the trailers versus the show - that was maybe the proper way to "subvert expectations".
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 01:03 AM   #870
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Spoiler:
Tuvok appearance as a Changeling. Origin story for Vadic and her gang. Basically that's all, but it seems quite good. I just poked around at it a bit with the intention of giving it a proper watch tomorrow. Yet another name dropping of Admiral Janeway... I'm fairly convinced at this point she will show up at some point.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:41 AM   #871
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Good one

Spoiler:
A little more on what Jack's powers are, loved Geordi revealing what he went through after Data's death in Nemesis, reminding us all they had the bond long before the movies shifted that focus to Picard and Data. Liked that the crew's plan to trap Vadac was turned on it's head by Lore and they wound up losing the Titan at the end. Glad they used at least the surprise Tuvok cameo to show the threat level of the Changeling infiltration
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:01 AM   #872
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Also it occurred to me... what's the one other time we saw people's eyes turning red like Jack Crusher's do?
Old 03-31-2023, 10:57 PM   #873
member_removed
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Also it occurred to me... what's the one other time we saw people's eyes turning red like Jack Crusher's do?
I do believe it's the Pah-wraiths.
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 11:03 PM   #874
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I do believe it's the Pah-wraiths.
Precisely.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:38 PM   #875
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's a real shame we'll never get any of the core DS9 cast back besides Major Kira at some point:

1. Avery Brooks lost his mind and doesn't want to act anymore so we'll never see Sisko again.

2. Odo's actor has unfortunately passed away and I don't feel like he should be recast.

3. Jadzia is dead in-series.

4. Nog's actor is dead in real life

So we're left with basically Major Kira, Bashir, O'Brien and Quark at most. And Jake Sisko, who would be likely to return if they ever want to use him.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:46 AM   #876
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wouldn't rule out Brooks, especially if its not too big. And there's nothing online but rumors of alzheimers, nothing concrete and all probably just stemming from people spreading made up crap after that doc. I still think he was trolling Shatner in it. That or he just got done smoking a ton of weed before the cameras showed up.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:17 AM   #877
member_removed
Hench Mutant

Speaking of the Par Wariths.

I read a theory that Vadic's handler could be
Spoiler:
Gul Dukat.

Nothing but a theory.
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 05:37 AM   #878
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Speaking of the Par Wariths.

I read a theory that Vadic's handler could be
Spoiler:
Gul Dukat.

Nothing but a theory.
That's what I've been saying since we saw that face. It's that or random Iconians. And nothing about what they're doing here seems like they'd be bringing in randos.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:25 PM   #879
CyberCubed
Overlord

The problem is with only 3 eps left it feels like a waste to bring in any "big" character when you know the show is ending. Like what would be the point, a big reveal and then a character gets maybe 20 minutes or less of screentime before they have to kill them off or end the show?

The show is now overstuffed with characters and Deanna still has almost no screentime, and both Georgi and Data only just came back. Even Worf has been absent in a lot of eps because they can't fit everyone in. It's a real shame these are still only 10 ep seasons because this one would have benefited from being longer.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:31 AM   #880
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Spoiler:
So maybe it is the Prophets and Pah Wraiths. There is an "ancient" voice in Jack according to Troi. Also we see the extent of Denise Crosby/Yar when she said she was in it and its basically nothing.