The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We have NO proof Jason Biggs is being replaced, folks... wait til the truth comes out
Eat me!! *cues the stereotypical Italian music* 23 30.67%
Who knew ICKitty could be so freaky!? 26 34.67%
*burp* Whoo... made a little room in there. 3 4.00%
Obey the flavor... 5 6.67%
There'll be NO eating of the princess on my watch! 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #41
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its obvious the pizza's were in control of the bodies, it doesn't really matter how much skill Splinter has.
The zombies in the alley outside Antonios did a pretty good job of trying to duff up Mikey.

Anyone else feel weird when Spiderbytez human form was used as a zombie?
Old 05-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #42
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

It did. Probably just reusing old character models for budget reasons. Didn't mind it on the other hand.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 05-18-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #43
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I really liked this episode. Pizzaface sure sounds a heck of allot like John DiMaggio to me. I was listening to a trailer on youtube someone had taped from their TV via cam some weeks ago and hoping that was him. I think he also did some of the mini pizzas. It's fun playing the "name that voice actor" game before they're revealed in credits and such. Yes, I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. Sue me already.

Of course this wasn't a dream sequence. Great to know there's some possibility of Pizzaface returning. I wish he'd been featured a little more than just the 3rd act. How cool is the concept of a great big cheese barfing people eating pizza mutant? Poor Antonio. Guess that puts the fear of pizza kid mutating into Pizzaface and developing an Italian accent to rest, huh? Hmmm, wonder if that kid is actually Vinny?

As far as fillers go, I had no problems with this one. So far, there hasn't been an episode of TMNT 2012 I haven't liked. This one had action, more great horror movie homages, and a reference to Triceratons. Wouldn't have found that out if it hadn't been for you dromers, so thanks. So was it just the name of the species or what?

Greg Cipes stole the show this episode. I bet Ciro also had fun doing zombified pizza delivery kid. Don't get me started on DiMaggio. Always a treat to hear him in anything. As for the alternate Leo guy, noticed that too and I think he did fine. The whole episode really delivered. It didn't seem cheesy at all to me. Well it was literally cheesy, but that's about it. The biggest laugh for me was when ICK was introduced to mini pizza. Attacking turtles is one thing, but you don't mess around with a feline, my doughy friend. Attagirl, Kitty.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #44
Garfield
Hench Mutant

I liked this episode. I caught on that it was a dream about half way through the episode. It works better that way. This episode was just very wacky and that's saying a lot for this cartoon. There are a lot of inconsistences in this cartoon and mike can often be a little too much, but as a dream or a drug induced stupor (don't do drugs kids.) it justifies it all.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #45
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
This episode was pretty funny. Not sure why some didn't like it. Very fun episode.
why? cause we barely get any Mikey episodes as it is.....why do we have to waste his character development episodes on fillers???????

Mikey gained NOTHING from this Pizza face episode......nothing at all.....and now I have to wait another season just to get another episode featuring him....and pray it's not about something ridiculous and that he actual learns a lesson!!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
It was 10 years ago. 10 years is a long time. I'm not a little kid.
10 years ago I was a senior in High School. I honestly forget how young some of you are, mainly because I think the majority of this forum was bored in the mid to late 80's when the original TMNT fad was going on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #47
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant

I love zombies and pizza! Mikey was so cute
Old 05-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
I liked this episode. I caught on that it was a dream about half way through the episode. It works better that way. This episode was just very wacky and that's saying a lot for this cartoon. There are a lot of inconsistences in this cartoon and mike can often be a little too much, but as a dream or a drug induced stupor (don't do drugs kids.) it justifies it all.
It wasn't a dream though.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #49
JH24
Hench Mutant

This episode was painful to watch, there were some funny moments but I had to force myself to keep watching. It felt just too much out there.

Having said that, Dominic did a great job as Leonardo. His voice was slightly different but his manner of speaking was almost the same as that of Jason. You could just imagine Leonardo had a bit of a cold.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #50
Garfield
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It wasn't a dream though.

I actually think it was a dream, but it really doesn't matter. I'm learning that for better or worse. This isn't a cartoon that you are meant to take the context as literal... well until they suddenly want you to. It's their bad habit

Last edited by Garfield; 05-18-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: just adding more to my post
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #51
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
This episode was painful to watch, there were some funny moments but I had to force myself to keep watching. It felt just too much out there.

Having said that, Dominic did a great job as Leonardo. His voice was slightly different but his manner of speaking was almost the same as that of Jason. You could just imagine Leonardo had a bit of a cold.
That or he's going though puberty.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #52
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
why? cause we barely get any Mikey episodes as it is.....why do we have to waste his character development episodes on fillers???????

Mikey gained NOTHING from this Pizza face episode......nothing at all.....and now I have to wait another season just to get another episode featuring him....and pray it's not about something ridiculous and that he actual learns a lesson!!
Barely get any Mikey episodes? This was his 7th episode where he was the main focus. That's as many as anyone else. Just cause you don't like hardly any of those episodes doesn't mean they don't exist.

Plus this was an episode about living pizza zombies, did you really expect anything serious to come out of it? ...Seriously?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post

I don't see how it was painful to watch, this was intended to be a silly episode. Some of you need to lighten up.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #54
pannoni1
Foot Elite

I should add to the WTF/Confused moments that Splinter actually likes pizza in this version given that in all other versions he hates it.

The "it was only a dream" plot has already been used in this series, so it was a bit of surprise to see it happen again at the end here. It was an entertaining episode for most of the same reasons why the OT is good to watch with all of the pop cultural references, and Michelangelo does fight boldly until the "end" to express his full fighting potential in case nobody else is there to help. There was some new backgrounds with better animation also used, so it should be interesting to watch again. But episodes like these lower our seriousness level of this series, and its just a notch above the OT's now, though that's not necessarily a bad thing when we have IDW and the new movie(s) given those target older demos. Unfortunately, I would have liked for the episode to be based more on the story from the classic Playmates figure, with the Foot being involved and having weapons like the Pegleg sword and the shield.

Overall, if you just want a comical story that involves the Turtles' favorite food, this episode is for you. If you take it seriously, having only Michelangelo left before waking up can cause a shock especially to those who have never seen it.

Rating: 6.5/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #55
fridaynightdestination
Banned

As CyberCubed said, just because it is a silly filler episode does not mean it is bad.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspo...izza-face.html

I guess I'll post my thoughts since eventually someone will also be posting Black Nerd videos about it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #57
electric_sheep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post

This was actualy the funniest episode to date, tell me you didn't laugh at Mikey interogating the pizza? And not every chatachter has to learn a lesson in every episode, how many lessons can they learn?
Every time they do a one and done episode it's great but when they do the plot one it's just a mess. They just throw all their wierdness into it and don't hold back...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #58
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Barely get any Mikey episodes? This was his 7th episode where he was the main focus. That's as many as anyone else. Just cause you don't like hardly any of those episodes doesn't mean they don't exist.

Plus this was an episode about living pizza zombies, did you really expect anything serious to come out of it? ...Seriously?
putting it in a spoiler tag cause it's negative
Spoiler:
Out of all the turtles Mikey gets the least episodes to himself this is a fact. I wouldn't mind the lack of episodes....if the episodes he was given were GOOD!

no....you know what... I DIDN'T expect anything from it, just like I didn't expect anything from Shellacne and Squirrelanoids and Parasitica.

for ONCE I want to look FORWARD to a Mikey episode. He literally has the silliest episodes ever and he never goes through any development whatsoever.

you expect me to just sit here and be happy with Mikey's character lately?

no, it's horrible and just because I was expecting it to be horrible doesn't change the fact. Mikey brings nothing to the team.....does anyone at Nick even know what to do with Mikey other than make him a silly goofball?

great ranting again....
Old 05-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #59
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:

I don't see how it was painful to watch, this was intended to be a silly episode. Some of you need to lighten up.
I have no problem with a silly episode or a filler. I just didn't like the story of this episode.

Mazes and Mutants was silly too and I enjoyed that one.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #60
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Yeah I'm of the opinion that this wasn't a dream.

I was cleaning while watching but I loved the episode.

Go Ninja Go Ninja Go was nice. Loved the interogating scene and the naming bit.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pizza face