The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 01-30-2023, 07:31 PM   #301
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Page 290, the 300 is in reach here!

Anyway, Kuro is finally facing Tiger Claw.

Place your bets!
Old 02-02-2023, 02:23 PM   #302
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Okay, I know that not many will people argue with me on how Rob Liefeld's art divides opinion.

For me, personally, I loved the New Mutants/X-Force comics he did in the early nineties. And so as a salute to those, here's my version of the epic title page he did for New Mutants Issue 98, which is memorable because it introduced the world to the "Merc with a mouth."

I wish I kept that original issue (as they are worth quite a lot of money these days) but hey, the 14 year old me wasn't really all that smart.

I emulated Liefeld's style most obviously in Leo and Kuro but gave it my own twist.

Hope you guys dig it.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:02 PM   #303
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Time to go on where we left off with a more in depth look into who Angel is and where she came from.

I once again let my love for aviation dictate what I was going to depict, that panel with Angel in her uniform shows a Bell UH-1 Iroquois "Huey" helicopter, which is arguably the most Iconic helicopter ever made.

In that last panel, I depicted a Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, which again is a VERY iconic plane.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 02-06-2023 at 08:11 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 01:10 PM   #304
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

While Casey and Angel decide to make good on them getting a moment of privacy, back with Kuro and Tiger Claw, the first blood is being spilled.

Yeah, I must say, that fight scene came out much better than I though, it's very dynamic. For that final panel, I wanted to quote the Bond movie “Goldfinger”, “I expect you to DIE Mr. Bond!”

And speaking of that last panel, having owned cats since childhood, I know what a feline looks like when it's about to strike: ears pointed backwards, pupils wide, mouth open exposing teeth and claws drawn.
Old 02-28-2023, 11:21 AM   #305
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

While Kuro and Tiger Claw duke it out, Casey and Angel arrive safely at the docks, where the Pulverizers are putting the last hand on assembling the Vampire jet fighters.

April meets them there and, being the other person aside from Tsunami who can read aura, notices straight away that something's different from how Casey and Angel were when they went on their mission. But that difference in this case is something good, something VERY good indeed.

Yeah, we didn't get too much detail on Timothy during the times he appeared on the show, but I took him as a nerd who makes scale models. So I depicted the Pulverizers here basically doing the same, but assembling the real thing.
Old 03-05-2023, 08:10 AM   #306
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

With the battle nearing its start, Leo decides to remind himself what he is doing all this for and, through modern means and a Mouser, gets in touch with his little family half a world away in Japan.

This was so much fun to do, and the image of Karai as a mom standing in a baby girl's room with all the pink en the teddy bear was just so funny. Since it's so far from who she is in the series.

That quote from “Luck has nothing to do with it.” came from Prince. He cornered then bass player Levi Cesar Junior, when the latter said “Good luck everybody.” when the NPG were about to play the very first show for their “Sign O the times” tour. Prince said, “Pulling off a good show doesn't come down with having good luck, it's all down to meticulous planning.” Which, given the daily eight-hour rehearsals the band had to go through, was every bit the truth here.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:30 PM   #307
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Here's a rather big update: five pages.

Time for Leo to lay down the plans. Been a while since I drew everybody.

Meanwhile, Tiger Claw is experiencing some difficulty in his match against Kuro.

Poor Kuro, the guy never gets a break, the fact that thanks to Yarruhk, Tiger Claw knows all the embarrassing details about his origin, makes it even worse.

Yeah, there's a reason why I had that piece of organic material in mind here, as you guys will find out about soon enough.

So what is Pykrete? It's a mixture of ice and sawdust, during the second world war, the United Kingdom was experimenting with building an aircraft carrier out of the stuff. The reasoning being that a ship with a hull made from solid ice couldn't be sunk by torpedoes fired from a German submarine.

Pykrete is one of the reasons why I love aviation so much, they tried everything.

Again, showcasing my love for aviation. The DH-100 Vampire, is such a cool jet and more importantly, it's easy to draw.

And yeah, Mikey HAD to be one of the pilots.

Page 299, just one page removed from 300.

So Kuro is made aware of the situation, of course he knows he should be there to aid the Kraang. But Tiger Claw begs to differ here, calling out Kuro's hypocrisy in the process.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:03 PM   #308
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well here we are, 300 pages, I'm actually surprised myself with how I could keep it going for that long a time already.

Picking up directly from where we left off, Kuro gets taken off-guard by Tiger Claw. But in his final moment, Kuro reveals that the number of Baxter Stockman's human clones didn't stop with Yarruhk, Rad Brad and himself, there's a fourth one.

Let's see how many of you can guess which character of the series that clone is bringing back.
Old 03-26-2023, 05:14 PM   #309
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well, here we go, time for a new Chapter.

With this, I already had it in mind the way you see it here. This mysterious new character approaching Yarruhk who's wide-eyed in shock.

I left it in the simplest of gray tints to increase the impact of the sheer black and white of Yarruhk and our new guy.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:00 PM   #310
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I can tell how much work you have been putting into this. A true labor of love!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:36 AM   #311
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And so we go on.

About time, I brought my Avatar the last airbender/Dragon Ball Z hybrid series back. Introducing the Sokka and Princess Yue of my series. I guess everybody recognizes the scene here, it's the tragic scene from "Siege of the north" where Yue sacrificed herself to save the moon spirit. I remember reading on internet forums, how being Sokka's love interest is bad for one's health and to make it even worse for him, in my version he doesn't even get a kiss goodbye from her.

"Acht" is the Dutch word for eight, which again ties in with why I named the Katara character "Negen" which is Dutch for nine. All of which is a dig at Tenshinhan's American name "Tien" which in Dutch means ten. As in my series, Katara and Sokka are three eyed people like Tenshinhan is. I even gave Acht Tenshinhan's clothing.
Old 04-13-2023, 12:22 PM   #312
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Awesome work as always man.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 07:45 PM   #313
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Baxter Stockman in the 2012 series was this evil goofball, a mechanical genius, no doubt, but childish and resentful.

And with having survived working under Shredder, one ought to think he got wise to recognizing when he's in over his head. Well, what if I say that he indeed got wise to everybody being out to get him.

But also that he's smart enough to be ahead of everybody out to get him.
Old 04-23-2023, 05:26 AM   #314
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Time to pick up where we left off.

So why didn't Stockman put up a fight when Kraang Subprime murdered him? Turns out that there was a good reason why he didn't go all full Rahzar on him. A fatal reason.

Also, this page is a nice reminder that while Yarruhk is now an ally to the Turtles and an important part of the Hamato clan, Baxter Stockman never was.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:35 AM   #315
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

More backstory about what Pigeon Pete would call, Baxter Stockman's time as the Kraang's baker. And more clues about Stick are being revealed. Not just in this flashback but also by Yarruhk.

So how did Stockman get his hands on Splinter's DNA?

Well, just watch the "Return to New York" episode to have your answer, having been appointed Spinter's custodian by Shredder, gave Stockman ample opportunity to get the DNA.

Stockman's fly form is TOUGH to draw, but it must be the best depiction I ever did of him.
Old 06-10-2023, 06:07 AM   #316
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Picking right back up where we left off, it's going to be Splinter versus Shredder once again, but in this case they're fighting on opposite sides.

Meanwhile, Mikey is dealing the first punches against the Technodromes in his Vampire.

It has been a while since I last updated my story, but I lost my mother last month so I had different things demanding my attention.
Old 06-23-2023, 04:41 PM   #317
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And so the Turtles unleash their highly organized and coordinated strike on the Kraang, catching the latter completely by surprise.

I love the way Minami and Konami came out in the first panel, I guess I was inspired.

And while Kraang Prime find out how much worth the Kraang are without Kraang Subprime or Kuro to lead them into being a well organized unit, Casey and Donnie arrive at the site of the Manhattan Project.

I was listening to the original score of "West Side story" while drawing this scene, I let the music inspire me.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:45 PM   #318
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So the operation goes as clockwork, but Leo still has this nagging feeling that it all goes a little TOO easy. The fact that April is aware what that last computer command that Yarruhk gave meant, certainly isn't helping matters either...

And hello to our Hamato clan soldiers, I figured this page is as good as any to introduce them.

As April clarified in the previous page, "Moth into flame" is the command which has Yarruhk teleported straight to where the real Karai is.

Which in this case has her appear in the shower cubicle in Karai's Tokyo based house...

The Kanji is real, it says "How the F@%# did YOU get here?"
Old 07-09-2023, 10:19 AM   #319
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Time for a new chapter, and I'll be honest to you guys, I was kinda stuck on where to take this story, seeing as how there are some loose ends I felt needed to be addressed.

So, I'm going to put in a very big twist to the story.
Old 07-28-2023, 12:42 PM   #320
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So why was Leo so hurt, what happened? Well then, let's turn the clock back to see.

I was inspired by those conspiracy theories who say that aliens are amongst us, and we don't know because of their disguises being so perfect. Also, look up "Daria" episodes such as "Quinn the brain" and "Legends of the mall" to see how she, to many of her classmates, is very much an alien. Hilarious to depict her and Jane being ACTUAL aliens.

Also, there's this moment in the TMNT 2012 episode "the Alien agenda" where Donnie goes "Kuh-WHO?" when he meets Karai for the first time, way fun referencing that scene.

And so we're back again with the main baddy of the story, who finds themselves in the circumstances known as "deep trouble."

Once again, the invasion is going awry, this time, having Yarruhk on their side is paying off dividends, as does the fact that both Kraang Subprime and Kuro have been taken out. But one shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.