The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-07-2022, 05:45 PM   #81
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That’s true about Gordon in The Dark Knight - he is such a great interpretation of the character.

But it’s not because he is white and has a moustache. It’s because he is a great actor with a great script and director to work with.

If Gary Oldman was black, it wouldn’t make the role any worse, imo. And if that prevented Gary Oldman from getting the role, it’d be a damn shame.

I guess it’s cool that he also looks like he is from the comics but that’s just not what makes his performance great in any way.

It’s fine to make things as accurate as possible, until it becomes a detriment. That’s why I take some contention when the look of the actor is treated with such high priority. Then you’re placing accuracy above quality.

You’re not always going to get the best of all worlds just because TDK did with Gary Oldman. Sometimes you have to make a choice and bet on the best actor available to you.
Why can't it be both? You act like you're forced to choose between one or the other. Gary Oldman both LOOKED the part and PLAYED the part perfectly based on that version of the story.

In fact have there been any examples of people looking exactly like the characters they portray but sucking horribly in terms of their acting ability or poor writing of the movie or show they're in?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:47 PM   #82
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Why can't it be both? You act like you're forced to choose between one or the other. Gary Oldman both LOOKED the part and PLAYED the part perfectly based on that version of the story.

In fact have there been any examples of people looking exactly like the characters they portray but sucking horribly in terms of their acting ability or poor writing of the movie or show they're in?
Yeah, like a million. Do I even have to sort through them? This essentially implies that any actor that resembled their character perfectly from the comic did a great job in the role.

But we know there are plenty of crappy comic book adaptations, where the character has the correct skin color or costume.

Sometimes it can be both, sometimes you have to prioritize or choose the more accurate looking actor vs the better actor. It’s just not something you prioritize when trying to tell a great story, so it occasionally falls by the wayside.

Again, it’s nice that Oldman looked the part, but that’s not what made him great. It just isn’t. I mean, if that’s what you liked about it, that’s fine and you’re extremely easy to please, which is great, but most people praise Oldman in that role because of the writing and performance.

If you can have both, great. Looking accurate to the comic isn’t going to make your movie truly better.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:42 AM   #83
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
What a ****ing **** show of a thread. No wonder I and others avoid this forum, it's full of racist bigots. Jesus Christ. I thought to myself "I wonder what the old Technodrome forum thinks about this new logo etc" then come here and see people discussing politics? Not only that but racist and bigoted comments as well? Yikes. Y'all are ****in' wild.

Seth is fine. Movie will be fine. Stop injecting politics into every single ****ing thing.
tell that to your democrat masters. I hope you enjoy your ten dollar gas, and your 4 items from the grocery store that cost $50s.. if you can even find them.

I really hope people DO Boycott Rogen TMNT. at this point, I just wish that TMNT would fade away into nothing. we've explored every alternate reality....some we never should have went too. every plot line has been retold 4 times now. enough is enough.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #84
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
tell that to your democrat masters. I hope you enjoy your ten dollar gas, and your 4 items from the grocery store that cost $50s.. if you can even find them..
I'm not a democrat. People on this forum continues to make ridiculous assumptions about me because they have been led like sheep to believe that things are so black and white that you can only be a democrat or a republican. It's so ridiculous, I can't decide between laughing my ass off or just being disgusted and disappointed. I guess it's a little of both.

And here's a little news flash for you, gas prices don't have anything to do with partisan politics and gas where I am is $2.94 right now.
beardcore84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:30 AM   #85
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
tell that to your democrat masters. I hope you enjoy your ten dollar gas, and your 4 items from the grocery store that cost $50s.. if you can even find them.

I really hope people DO Boycott Rogen TMNT. at this point, I just wish that TMNT would fade away into nothing. we've explored every alternate reality....some we never should have went too. every plot line has been retold 4 times now. enough is enough.
You can just leave instead. TMNT ain’t stopping anytime soon just because you’re throwing a tantrum like a big baby.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:31 AM   #86
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I'm not a democrat. People on this forum continues to make ridiculous assumptions about me because they have been led like sheep to believe that things are so black and white that you can only be a democrat or a republican. It's so ridiculous, I can't decide between laughing my ass off or just being disgusted and disappointed. I guess it's a little of both.

And here's a little news flash for you, gas prices don't have anything to do with partisan politics and gas where I am is $2.94 right now.
when you say stuff like ' it's full of racist bigots' you sure sound like a left leaning democrat. #1 go to item from the playbook.

rest of the country almost enjoyed $5's gas and diesel isn't much better.

Old 08-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #87
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
when you say stuff like ' it's full of racist bigots' you sure sound like a left leaning democrat. #1 go to item from the playbook.
Yeah. "Full stop" and all. That's what these people like to say, right? A lot of "full stop"s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The movie might be great. But on it's own merits, Rogen doesn't exactly have a career littered with great films.
In terms of being an actor or what? As an actor he's been in Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express, This is the End, Funny People, The Interview, all movies I'd mark as "pretty good" if not great on different levels. As a producer, The Boys, Preacher, Good Boys, and almost all of the aforementioned films he acted in.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-08-2022 at 10:34 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 04:43 PM   #88
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah. "Full stop" and all. That's what these people like to say, right? A lot of "full stop"s?

In terms of being an actor or what? As an actor he's been in Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express, This is the End, Funny People, The Interview, all movies I'd mark as "pretty good" if not great on different levels. As a producer, The Boys, Preacher, Good Boys, and almost all of the aforementioned films he acted in.
I get what you are saying but all of his genre flicks are hardly "great films". He has been in a handful of movies that people enjoyed enough for what they were. He hardly has a back catalog of amazing content. Superbad was good, but it wasn't "his" movie.

I'm not taking anything away from the moments he has been entertaining, but that leaves as a whole I'd say that his content and material are middle of the road to occasionally entertaining at best. Combine that with his mouth and opinion positioning and I'd say that a Rogen TMNT flick is going to turn out more Green Hornet than Superbad.

Even if it is a good TMNT flick, I'm disinclined to support it with $$$ given his hard nosed, virtue signaling opinions.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 08:20 AM   #89
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

Quote:
So what you are saying is that to call out racism and bigotry, you must be a left leaning democrat?

What a sad state this country is in.

I don't really get what calling out racism and bigotry has to do with partisan politics?? I mean would I like to see more conservatives calling out these things? Yes. But I'd like to see it from anyone anywhere on the "political spectrum". Because it's ****ing wrong.

To me it's not about partisan politics. It shouldn't be to anyone. It should be about being decent to one another. And to come on to the TMNT forum and see this ****, I was shocked and disgusted.

I watched the Sandman series this week. Can anyone tell me what was so bad about any of the gender or race swapped characters? Their gender or race had zero to do with any of the stories. The show was excellent. So what's the issue? What's the big problem and how exactly is it a "f*ck y'all"? I mean unless you're so uncomfortable with your white privilege, fragile ego and toxic masculinity that you just can't stand it...
Old 08-09-2022, 08:26 AM   #90
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
So what you are saying is that to call out racism and bigotry, you must be a left leaning democrat?

What a sad state this country is in.

I don't really get what calling out racism and bigotry has to do with partisan politics?? I mean would I like to see more conservatives calling out these things? Yes. But I'd like to see it from anyone anywhere on the "political spectrum". Because it's ****ing wrong.

To me it's not about partisan politics. It shouldn't be to anyone. It should be about being decent to one another. And to come on to the TMNT forum and see this ****, I was shocked and disgusted.

I watched the Sandman series this week. Can anyone tell me what was so bad about any of the gender or race swapped characters? Their gender or race had zero to do with any of the stories. The show was excellent. So what's the issue? What's the big problem and how exactly is it a "f*ck y'all"? I mean unless you're so uncomfortable with your white privilege, fragile ego and toxic masculinity that you just can't stand it...
The politics here are completely retarded. Just gonna say it like it is.

Like, there is no sense of nuance from many who want to talk politics here. None. They have simply chosen a side and that’s that in terms of their views.

They have their two or three websites, plus their social media feed, which informs them of every opinion they need to have.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 08:50 AM   #91
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

yep, sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, must be a duck...left leaning that is. you forgot sexism. go back to the manual.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:54 AM   #92
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

Quote:
yep, sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, must be a duck...left leaning that is. you forgot sexism. go back to the manual.
I've seen plenty of racist sexist bigoted leftists. I don't identify with that. But you keep telling yourself whatever makes you feel like you understand the world.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:22 AM   #93
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I don't really get what calling out racism and bigotry has to do with partisan politics??
Because doing so was adopted years ago by the wider left as a form of shaming tactic and societal ruin through guilt-by-accusation. Calling out "racism" is now simply the new scarlet lettering tactic to harm people. It's a disingenuous lie now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Like, there is no sense of nuance from many who want to talk politics here. None. They have simply chosen a side and that’s that in terms of their views.
Go through enough posts here and I've routinely explained the lack of nuance here routinely as well. It's another marker of this homogenized group of people that are TMNT fans. Napolean Dynamites.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:45 AM   #94
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
To make it up out of thin air and "call it out" when it's make-believe, yes. That is in fact a predominantly left-leaning trait, saying everything is "racist" for the Bonus Virtue Signaling Points.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 12:13 PM   #95
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
To make it up out of thin air and "call it out" when it's make-believe, yes. That is in fact a predominantly left-leaning trait, saying everything is "racist" for the Bonus Virtue Signaling Points.
Exactly. It's a disingenuous lie to be routinely weaponized by manipulators and the scum of humanity.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:39 PM   #96
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
lmao. Do you really think I'd be hunting for "Bonus Virtue Signaling Points" on the TMNT Technodrome forums? What would even be the point of that? You're delusional.

Let me ask you something. Have you watched the Sandman series? I finished it earlier this week. I want to know what was the big problem you had with the changing of the race of the Death character. To me, it made no difference. I want to know specifically why you think this is such a bad thing.
Old 08-10-2022, 01:25 PM   #97
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
lmao. Do you really think I'd be hunting for "Bonus Virtue Signaling Points" on the TMNT Technodrome forums? What would even be the point of that? You're delusional.
Is that so far-fetched? You wouldn't have been the first to do so, or remotely will be the last.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-10-2022 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2022, 03:12 PM   #98
Leo656
The Franchise

Ho ho. I owe you no such indulgence.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 05:04 PM   #99
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
lmao. Do you really think I'd be hunting for "Bonus Virtue Signaling Points" on the TMNT Technodrome forums
That was just one explanation. You don't need to be here for that. It could be any number of reasons across the gamut of maladaptive nonsense and bull$#!( behavior.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:18 AM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There's even been a lot of people involved with TMNT at large, be it the movies or the comics or you name it, here in stealth mode under nicknames. So pretty much anything goes.