The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-31-2021, 09:29 PM   #21
ssjup81
Foot Elite

This is a big no because people often feel entitled when they really shouldn't. There's never an excuse to be rude to people who are helping you or serving you. One time I did get upset and argued, but I also apologized because it wasn't them that I was upset with, it was the situation I was in that had frustrated me. I wanted to make it clear that I appreciated what they were doing, but my tone was aggressive because I was upset over whatever the situation was (don't recall now...it's a rarity for me).

One time that comes to mind where a customer (well, kind of...a parent) was a bit rude. I was in the class changing a diaper in the toddler class. I was in a one ratio, meaning that since it was the toddler class, It was me and five students. For toddlers in my state, it's 1:5.

Anyway, one of the children had a runny nose. It had been runny on and off all day because he had bad allergies. His mother knew this when she brought him in that morning. He sneezed and needed his nose wiped, but I had to finish with the student I was already changing on the changing table. Automatic firing if you leave a child unattended on a changing table. The mother came in to pick up her child and started going on about her son's nose being runny. I didn't realize she was being serious and that her statement was actually a complaint. I said in a friendly way, "Yeah, his nose has been runny all day. We've been wiping it all day. Hope he feels better soon." She was annoyed after that, grabbed a tissue, wiped his nose, and signed him out to take him home.

I finished the diaper change and was moving on to the next child. My assistant manager came into the room. That parent actually put in a complaint. She was angry that I didn't stop to cater to her kid and wipe his nose. She saw me changing another child when she came in the room. I couldn't just walk away, risk the child falling, just to wipe her kid's nose. She was mad that she had to do it herself. I'm pretty sure she left out the part of my actually being unable to wipe her kid's nose because I was busy with another student. I didn't get in trouble because my manager thought it was stupid and ridiculous too, but did say to try to make sure those faces and noses are clean.

That's the main thing I do dislike about the job...sometimes parents are impossible and think that the world revolves around their kid. For parents with that line of thinking, they should just hire a nanny.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:47 AM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

I've never taken that saying literally.

I've alwya thought it basically meant the customer has the right to complain or file in a complaint no matter how absurd it might be, and the store or business or wtv has to listen to them. Doesn't mean they have to obey and give the customer what they want though.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote