The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-05-2021, 07:20 AM   #161
sdp
Neon Night Rider

Spoiler:
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #162
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
That's not creepy at all...

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:20 PM   #163
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
The problem is everything gets criticized for the exact same things. No matter the studio or franchise.
Yeah, for being dumb. That's how "critical thought" works and it's part of being an adult. You start to recognize that some things are dumb and can articulate why. That's a "feature" of Growing Up, not a bug.

For example, when you're a kid, some kids think it's funny to smear boogers and feces on the walls. Then, at some point, you're supposed to realize that's bad. And what's more, you develop a higher brain function that allows you to articulate that "This is bad, Because..."

A high-functioning person doesn't just swallow anything put in front of them simply because it exists. That's what booger-eating, sh*t-smearing babies do. And that's Bad. A high-functioning adult can explain in crystal-clear detail why the world only needed two Terminator movies, or why it's really stupid to attempt a Space Jam sequel two decades after anyone would have cared, in an era where neither Looney Tunes nor basketball are even popular. Or why it's dumb to use said movie as a vehicle to rip off other, "better" movies like "Ready Player One" that arguably weren't even any good to begin with.

Yeah, "everything" gets criticized when it's a provably sh*tty idea. What's the problem with that, exactly? Dumb people are still "allowed" to like dumb things, but if they don't want people calling them Dumb then they can either toughen up or get higher standards. It's that simple.

And WB as a company does not deserve your defense, they're absolute sh*t. If anything they deserve more scorn, not less. Not just for this project, but for literally Every Single Decision They make. WB is trash.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:37 PM   #164
Allio
Foot Elite

Gotta love a good sh!tpost

Old 05-04-2021, 08:13 PM   #165
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Gotta love a good sh!tpost

I have to admit, that video got me until Bugs and Jordan started making out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:00 AM   #166
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Don't know if anyone heard, but not only was cancel culture wanting to remove Pepe Le Pew (as they succeed here), but also wanting to remove Speedy Gonzalez.

‘Space Jam’ Star Gabriel Iglesias Mocks Calls to Cancel Speedy Gonzales: ‘U Can’t Catch Me Cancel Culture’
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...ancel-culture/
Quote:
Comedian and actor Gabriel Iglesias, who voices the popular Looney Tunes character Speedy Gonzales in the upcoming Space Jam sequel, mocked cancel culture following calls to “cancel” the famed Mexican mouse. “I am the voice of Speedy Gonzales in the new Space Jam,” Does this mean they are gonna try to cancel Fluffy too?” the stand-up comic said, referencing his nickname. “U can’t catch me cancel culture. I’m the fastest mouse in all of Mexico.”

Iglesias’ remark followed an op-ed penned by a New York Times columnist, who praised Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ decision to halt the publication of six books due to what has been described as “racist and insensitive imagery.” But the columnist, Charles Blow, took it a step further, lambasting various popular cartoon characters, blaming them for what he described as perpetuating problematic stereotypes.

“Some of the first cartoons I can remember included Pepé Le Pew, who normalized rape culture; Speedy Gonzales, whose friends helped popularize the corrosive stereotype of the drunk and lethargic Mexicans; and Mammy Two Shoes, a heavyset Black maid who spoke in a heavy accent,” Blow wrote in the piece titled “Six Seuss Books Bore a Bias.”

“Racism must be exorcised from culture, including, or maybe especially, from children’s culture,” Blow concluded. “Teaching a child to hate or be ashamed of themselves is a sin against their innocence and a weight against their possibilities.”

Last week, President Biden effectively bent to left-wing cancel culture by erasing Dr. Seuss from his presidential proclamation marking Read Across America Day. Pepé Le Pew is the latest casualty of cancel culture, getting slashed from the upcoming Space Jam sequel.
Also more info on the whole matter of Speedy Gonzales being seen as racist stereotype:
https://www.distractify.com/p/why-is...zales-canceled
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:01 AM   #167
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Except Biden didn't. Dr Seuss own family did that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:52 PM   #168
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Speedy Gonzalez might have started as a stereotype (not necessarily racist) but like the article points out he’s evolved past that. He’s a cute Mexican character that should be seen as being diverse.

Looking back his cousin Slowpoke Rodriguez was more stereotypical. Speedy is unique. He should crossover with Sonic.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:04 AM   #169
Leo656
The Franchise

No he shouldn't. Stop it.

I agree otherwise, though. I always loved Speedy. Slowpoke Rodriguez, too, that guy was awesome.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:21 AM   #170
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I meant in something more one-off. Not a whole game or anything big.

Like if either had a cameo in something and they met. Just for the fun of it.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:36 AM   #171
Sumac
Foot Elite

I've heard about Gonzalez.
It another case of white rich dumb**** kids being offended on someone else's behalf, considering that Mexicans told those freaks one time after another that they don't find Speedy offensive at all and find him cool.

But, of course, white rich kids know better what offends Mexicans, than Mexicans themselves. Sounds like it is the case of certain thing...starting with letter "R".