The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #81
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nah, they were definitely two different floats.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Honestly, when I saw the TMNT mentioned I was curious if they might break out the 2012 again. But I guess they probably don't have that float anymore.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:42 PM   #82
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I read that they're doing things a bit different with the parade this year due to Covid. I'm guessing because Rise was still active this year that they decided to use them for one last time.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:38 PM   #83
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The show is still getting a movie early next year and the 2 seasons will be uploaded to Netflix so it's still relevant. Who knows maybe they can sell some of the Rise overstock.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:35 AM   #84
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I read that they're doing things a bit different with the parade this year due to Covid. I'm guessing because Rise was still active this year that they decided to use them for one last time.
Rise was the turtle float used this year. I gave them the finger when they showed up on my tv.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:52 AM   #85
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm certain that the full series will be added on Netflix a few weeks or when the movie comes out. Creators and others will start the dumb #saveRise hashtag and yes if people watch it Netflix could very well save Rise of the TMNT. They've done it before, but don't bet on it happening since most of the time it nothing comes of it. Many shows are sometimes dumped on Netflix to try to "save" them to no avail, aka Glitch Techs also by Nickelodeon
And from what I know the first week that the show is online is the most important for people to "watch" it from what I've read
Old 11-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #86
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm certain that the full series will be added on Netflix a few weeks or when the movie comes out. Creators and others will start the dumb #saveRise hashtag and yes if people watch it Netflix could very well save Rise of the TMNT. They've done it before, but don't bet on it happening since most of the time it nothing comes of it. Many shows are sometimes dumped on Netflix to try to "save" them to no avail, aka Glitch Techs also by Nickelodeon
And from what I know the first week that the show is online is the most important for people to "watch" it from what I've read
Rise isn’t for me but I hope it’s successful enough on Netflix that it not only gets more Rise eps but that Netflix decides to order another series aimed at an older crowd (I think they are doing that with the two versions of He-Man they’re developing).

I don’t think it is possible for viewing statistics to be favorable enough that Netflix wants to have more new TMNT content but not more episodes of Rise.

I hate that the TMNT experiment on Netflix is reliant on Rise.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:42 PM   #87
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, I wish they'd just let Netflix develop their own series. In the last few years or so it seems to be people who don't own the TMNT who seem to be more eager to do something decent with them.

If Netflix ends up getting new eps of Rise, then more power to them, so long as we aren't stuck not being able to move on to another better show. Netflix would have probably been a better home for it to begin with as it would have cut out the long waits between eps that wasn't helping. (2012 may have had those long waits too sometimes, but in its case the eps it came back with generally felt worth the wait; Rise, not so much.)
Old 11-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #88
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Let's be honest, Netflix isn't going to save this show. And hoping for it's success won't guarantee a Netflix TMNT series. The toy sales also did poorly which was another factor for why the show discontinued. Nick will just move on to the next series whenever that may be.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:02 PM   #89
Leo656
The Franchise

My favorite part of the whole ordeal was the constant chorus of, "It's for kids anyway! If you're an adult you don't even have any right to an opinion... unless you like it, in which case you can have as much opinion as you want. Otherwise you're just an old crab! IT'S FOR KIDS!"

...........And then "the kids" didn't buy the toys OR watch the show. That was awesome.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:31 PM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm watching through the show right now just to see every episode, I originally watched the first 12ish eps and then stopped due to the long hiatus of new eps and never bothered to get back into it. So now that the show is over I'm going through it, and honestly there's way too many silly/ridiculous eps to take this seriously.

The 2012 show mixed humor with action and dark concepts that it never felt overly silly, but this show does the opposite thing. I always dislike the "strange movements" where the Turtles do these weird poses meant to be funny either when they're walking, cheering, or their eyes bug out. Also the early eps are really aimless, there's no real plot after the first episode and it's just random episodes meeting random mutants.

I also really dislike Splinter and April here, they were a complete misfire. And again it feels too "loud" where even when characters are talking normally it sounds like they're shouting their lines.

One good thing I can say about the show is the animation looks really good during some fight scenes, you can tell how well animated and smooth the action looks...I just wish it had better Turtle designs and was for a better show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:12 AM   #91
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why would they apologize to a demographic not even remotely close to what they intended for the show? This was for 5 year-olds. If the 50 or so TMNT fans in their 30s or 40s want to tune in, they're not going to turn them away but they're also not going to listen to them.
Heh. The 5 year olds didn't seem to like this one much either.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:50 AM   #92
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Heh. The 5 year olds didn't seem to like this one much either.
I think it's mainly because it aired at such weird times and then half the eps debuted on their website first or on Nicktoons that no kid could even keep up with the series.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:16 PM   #93
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think it's mainly because it aired at such weird times and then half the eps debuted on their website first or on Nicktoons that no kid could even keep up with the series.
When I was a kid, I was able to keep up with shows that the networks would bounce around their schedule. But then again, I was a weird kid.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:02 AM   #94
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When you're a show that gets exiled to Nicktoons only that's considered a bad sign. When you can't even be found on Nicktoons anymore, but your predecessor is... *tisk* Yeah... (edit: And that predecessor has already been over for 3 years.)
Old 12-06-2020, 01:41 AM   #95
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
When you're a show that gets exiled to Nicktoons only that's considered a bad sign. When you can't even be found on Nicktoons anymore, but your predecessor is... *tisk* Yeah... (edit: And that predecessor has already been over for 3 years.)
I didn't know Nicktoons is still airing the 2012 show and took off Rise after both shows ended. I have a feeling Nick will want their audiences to remember 2012 (I mean they still use those turtles in the Nicktoons Racing games) but forget about Rise.

Though speaking of Rise, when do you think we'll get a trailer or release date of the movie? Is that still happening?
Old 12-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #96
CyberCubed
Overlord

The movie is coming out early next year. They were already in production of it during Season 2 so it has to be done by now.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #97
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I didn't know Nicktoons is still airing the 2012 show and took off Rise after both shows ended.
Yeah, 2012 had several eps on yesterday morning. Not bad for a show over for that long and isn't the Sponge. IF Rise is ever on at all, it must be at an odd time, though I have a feeling it's just gone.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:11 PM   #98
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Just like with season 2, i hope they were aware of the show being cancelled while working in the movie so they could go all out knowing it was the last hooray
Old 12-07-2020, 07:55 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord

The finale wrapped up all the shows plots really well. The thing I can see the movie doing is possibly introducing Krang or the Utroms, because there's no real big villain for them to face anymore. They can't just make a movie about the Turtles fighting the random generic mutants of the show.

There was a vague hint of an Utrom like creature in the finale, so if that's the direction they go in for the movie, it would be great.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:39 AM   #100
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, 2012 had several eps on yesterday morning. Not bad for a show over for that long and isn't the Sponge. IF Rise is ever on at all, it must be at an odd time, though I have a feeling it's just gone.
I think they show episodes of the 2012 series every morning at 10am, and have mini marathons on weekends.

Rise Of episodes seem to only air for an hour on Saturday evenings.