The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-29-2021, 06:22 PM   #61
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Doesn't TikTok have some serious exploitation/sexualization issues?

I wouldn't use it.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:36 PM   #62
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Doesn't TikTok have some serious exploitation/sexualization issues?

I wouldn't use it.
Any examples of what this means?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:15 PM   #63
Leo656
The Franchise

Of course not. C'mon.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:35 PM   #64
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Tiktok is becoming the new poison of social media because they are showing videos of gore and child abuse. It is crazy. I can my feed action figure and game oriented because I am trying to reach out to fellow nerds like me.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:23 AM   #65
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I've looked around some. It's mostly people dancing or lip singing to pop or hip-hop music. Huge no thanks.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:56 AM   #66
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I mean, I have heard of predatory adults that were/are trying to harass minors by either commenting/"hearting" on their posts/updates, or trying to do a duet/dance with them.

It seems like a really big issue.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 03-30-2021 at 09:41 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #67
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's just me playing armchair psychologist, but got to thinking about that topic today, where you guys were talking about women's bad reactions and whatnot.

Was mulling it over, trying to put deeper, nearly subconscious feelings into words. I will say that yes, when men who are strangers randomly offer a compliment or whatnot, there typically is a brief moment that I'm sort of taken aback at first. Probably best described like an instinctive red flag that is immediately asking who is this stranger who is stepping into my...lets say emotional space, for lack of a better word (as opposed to being personal space), and what do they want.

If left at that and they don't go trying to 'intrude' any closer into that space, then all is fine...thank you for the compliment nice person.

But I wonder if some women just get stuck at that red flag moment and don't or can't quickly assess if it's just a friendly encounter or if it's too intrusive, and automatically react as if it's the latter. Or, in some cases the primitive part of the brain grabs for the latter if there is no mutual interest; even if she's only assuming the level of interest directed at her. (Because lets be honest, in some ways humanity can still act rather primitive at times, esp in terms of subconscious reactions.)

Now, that isn't to excuse any attention whores online who clearly are after attention. Though I wonder if it's also just extremely easy for some people to show off and act however online because the vast majority of any possible audience is faceless and invisible.

Like it would be very easy to get up on a stage and purposely act like an idiot if you thought the room was empty... and then when someone steps forward out of the darkness it's not the same and your feelings about it likely change. People online should certainly know better, but maybe the "audience" breaking the anonymity, no longer remaining faceless and stepping into that "emotional space," is what some are reacting to.

I dunno, that's just what I got out of it when I was bored while working and started contemplating it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-30-2021 at 08:35 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:17 PM   #68
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can't even be assed to remember to look at my Instagram. I don't think I've updated it once since the day I got it. I only even got it at the insistence of someone I was friends with who I no longer speak to, so I kinda wish I never even bothered.
This is something else I don't have and don't use. I only really use FaceBook and that's mostly for the messenger and the FB groups that I'm a part of, like the 2017 Ducktales one and the one for foreigners in Japan one and an old friend from over in Japan invited me to join her group to help with Japanese speakers and English tips for them.

I just started using Twitter like....in November because of the election going on and curious of what others were saying. I actually signed up for Twitter back in 2012 when I moved back to Japan the second time. I mainly got it to follow WWE's Twitter, NCIS, Akino Arai, and later on and more recently, AEW and Do As Infinity. I hadn't touched it and even forgot my log in prior to November. lol I'm starting to get a bit bored of it, though. Too toxic for my tastes, unless it's for the things I'm following, like that Do As Infinity collection that was released a few days ago with pre-order merch that I splurged on, and shouldn't have. Darn import fees and international shipping and my lack of willpower. ><
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:38 AM   #69
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Uh, uh......

Chicken nuggets with the chicken strips...uuhh.
Starts the Renegade then hits them with a whoa.
And yes this **** be busting, yeeeesh. I guess this was a hit or miss but I guess I never miss, so let me take you to moisty mire but not loot lake and there I would really love to, chug jug with you and together we'll be pro Fortnite gamers.

Last edited by Last Ronin; 03-31-2021 at 01:45 AM.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:38 AM   #70
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
Uh, uh......

Chicken nuggets with the chicken strips...uuhh.
Starts the Renegade then hits them with a whoa.
And yes this **** be busting, yeeeesh. I guess this was a hit or miss but I guess I never miss, so let me take you to moisty mire but not loot lake and there I would really love to, chug jug with you and together we'll be pro Fortnite gamers.
That was some deep contemplation, man.

Yeah I can see that probably being true to some extent. But I can also see a generation of narcissist mouth-breathers stating harassment if someone leaves a "like" if their mental framework doesn't like the person leaving the "like". It's like a generation with a simple-minded, unsophisticated, autistic approach to every social interaction. But there are two truths here. That first one, and then also the fact that while I know places like Facebook, Myspace, and the social- media of my generation; I don't know much about Tik Tok. And I think not knowing much about Tik Tok is probably semi-appropriate for a 40 year old male. There just isn't much reason for guys like me to be there in the first place. I imagine that it would be like hanging out at a high school - it just doesn't make sense.

But I just asserted two logic points into that, so that will be hard to digest for armchair psychologists here.

Last edited by IMJ; 03-31-2021 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:12 AM   #71
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
That was some deep contemplation, man.
I'm kinda of a Tik Tok fan just a little.....lol.

I'm not on the app but just watch them on youtube, some are funny but others are cringe as foook. And there are some fine (adults in their 30's) on there man.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:45 PM   #72
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
II'm not on the app but just watch them on youtube, some are funny but others are cringe as foook. And there are some fine (adults in their 30's) on there man.
LOL I'm not gonna lie - I laughed out loud with the dog in the hoodie with the human arms on the previous page... that was a riot!
Old 09-13-2021, 11:25 PM   #73
sdp
-

is the technodrome still afraid of tiktok or have you guys realized it's just a short video app and you can find content for everyone including boomer likes
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:21 AM   #74
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm just not interested in short videos. Youtube already fulfills my needs.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:44 AM   #75
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Before switching from Youtube to Tiktok, I think we should ask ourselves.

How dependent of the Government of the PR China is Tiktok?

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 09-14-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:06 AM   #76
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I just don't get it, I guess Til Tok is just 'not for me'.

It just looks like YouTube for people with incredibly short attention spans to me.

Idk everything nowadays just seems to be quick, quick, quick, get to the point. It's s wonder shows and movies even exist anymore. Like I'd be surprised everyone walks out of the Matrix sequel if Neo isn't doing bullet time stuff 5 minutes in because no one seems to have the patience to sit through a story anymore.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:30 AM   #77
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don’t like things I don’t understand!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote