The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

GOTYe - Some game that I used to know

Alright, dawgz! That time of year, again. Since not many games are coming out in December (besides Far Cry, but who cares) we should do this right now.

Some big joints came out this year. Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed Triple. Some smaller games came out and made waves, too, like Fez, Journey, Dust, and Walking Dead. A few surprises here and there like Sleeping Dogs and...I can't think of others, but they're there.

My game of the year has to be Borderlands 2. I just love it so much, especially playing with my homie-dawgz.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Cure; 12-01-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I'm with you, BL2 4 lyphe mayng! I guess of this year's games I've only played that and Silent Hill: Downpour, which had some moments but wouldn't probably play it again. Also the add-on of the year award goes to Artorias of the Abyss (Dark Souls), no contest.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
AquaParade
Banned

Uh..Probably would have been mark of the ninja or Halo 4...Unfortunately I don't have a 360.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
Turo602
The King of Kings

Well, of the games I've played that released this year; Resident Evil: Revelations, Max Payne 3, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Resident Evil 6, Halo 4, and New Super Mario Bros. U, I have to say that it's between Halo 4 and Resident Evil 6 for me. Ultimately though, I'd say Halo 4 wins by a long shot.

Resident Evil 6 was fun and all, but its biggest weakness was its ambition. There's tons of great content within Resident Evil 6, but the overall package is held back by some annoying bugs and poorly executed gameplay choices, such as the inclusion of stealth, the excessive vehicle use, and pretty much everything seen in Jake's campaign. Resident Evil 6 could of been so much more, if it had less. Capcom should have just ditched Jake, tweaked Ada's campaign, reworked Leon's and Chris' campaigns for a more memorable experience, and use all the time wasted on Jake to polish the game.

Halo 4 on the other hand, is ****ing amazing. I was skeptical about 343 taking the mantle of the Halo franchise, but couldn't be anymore happy. After five long years without the Master Chief, 343 delivers an unforgettable experience. It's new, but also very familiar. Overall, I'd say Halo 4 is my second favorite Halo, with Combat Evolved being number one, which is still saying a lot.

Unfortunately, I missed out on Assassin's Creed III and Borderlands 2 this year. I actually have Borderlands 2, but won't be playing it for a while.

Last edited by Turo602; 12-01-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
Brodie
Certified Teacher

RE6 would make my list for Worst game of the year. Second only to Operation Raccoon City.

Top games this year:

Walking Dead
Borderlands 2
XCOM Enemy Unknown
Sleeping Dogs

Halo4 was good, but short. AC3 was more of the same, with a better character than Ezio, but nothing substantial. Fall of Cybertron was neat, but about 4 hours long. Mass Effect 3 was pretty good, but not earth shattering.

Azura's Wrath was fantastic, but not something to throw on the list. But leaps and bounds above some of the **** I've played.

I Am Alive gets a nod for being one of the only games to make me feel goddamned awful at the end.

Darksiders 2 was great, but fell flat 3/4 of the way through.

I think that's about it.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Holy carp, I just realized I haven't bought a single game this year
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #7
Turtlehead1981
Random Punk

Almost as good as Somebody that used to be my bro.
Turtlehead1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #8
Super Moderator

I can't think of a single memorable game this year.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I can't think of a single memorable game this year.
I remember how miserable you sounded playing Raccoon City, lololololz.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Super Moderator

I'm miserable playing everything, man. I just can't have fun anymore.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, video games