The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Argh, there's too many good things for the poll!!
Say welcome to KobraKarai! 35 33.65%
Father Daughter hug at last!! 44 42.31%
So THAT's what happened with them and Shen... 17 16.35%
Motorcycles provided by the Orange County Choppers.. 6 5.77%
Ooh, what was that stained glass from Karai blackout?? 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #41
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

I have a question.
Spoiler:
Why Did Shredder blame Splinter for Karai Mutating when it was Shredder' s fault for releasing the cage ?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #42
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Okay, so I've finally watched the episode. Man, where to start. lol Oh, I will say this....I felt that this episode should've been a two-parter or done in the same fashion as the Wormquake ep.
Spoiler:
Karai being with the turtles and Splinter was just so short. I was hoping to see a bit more bonding with them, but oh well. What we did get was still really nice. Karai hugging Splinter was very touching.

Oh yeah, their plan to rescue her was nice and I actually like how Leo stuck to his guns and went to rescue her anyway. "Sensei is wrong." I loved hearing that for some reason. Leo's plan was actually pretty good, and I liked Mikey for this episode. He didn't have to have the plan which is the plan which they must all follow to be repeated again to the one known as Micheangelo....sorry. lol I'm glad that this was changed from season 1. Please show, continue making Mikey entertaining and useful. ^_^

I'm so glad that we finally have more backstory. So Yoshi and Saki were in the same clan, but Saki was from a rival clan who was raised in the Hamato clan. That bit of information was great, but given Shredder's character, that still doesn't change how I felt about him when I first started watching this show. I learned something more about him through this episode....

He has his priorities twisted as he blames Yoshi for the death of Teng Shen (sp?) when it was HIS FAULT! His mind is twisted. It's like personal responsibility and Shredder don't mix at all. He was acting butt hurt over the fact that she loved Yoshi and not him. Seriously, how long can one hold a grudge when the woman you like marries someone else. It's a sign! She's just not that into you! Get over it. Good grief. He attacks the man, accidentally kills the woman he loves and it's the guy he tried to kill fault? Y-eah....

Other thing I learned about him, he does have some fatherly feelings towards Karai. He seemed really upset over her being mutated....but his mind, once again, is twisted. HOW IN THE WORLD IS IT SPLINTER'S FAULT? It's his fault! He had Karai over the vat of mutagen. He cut the chain to try to have Leo fall in. Geez. I just don't like Shredder for this version since his motivations are so....foolish. Well, at least I was right long ago about Shredder and the mutating of Karai, though, and how he'd be responsible...only difference is that it was an accident.

As for the mutation....I actually didn't mind it. I like Karai's mutation, and it seems that as a way to satisfy both sets of fans (those who don't want a mutation, those who didn't mind it). i was one of the ones who didn't want her to get mutated. It's nice that she can shapeshift. I wonder what it was that fell into the mixture that Baxter dumped in.

Sucks I have to wait so long for another episode and I don't have much interest in the upcoming movie.

Oh yeah, I found it...interesting how you could parallel Leo to Donnie and at one point, Karai to April. When Karai was like, "What took you so long" just sounds like something April would say (and I'm sure she did to Donnie at some point). The sparring part was funny and Leo reminded me of Donnie from that season 1 "sadorable" (Operation Break Out) ep when Donnie was sparring with Raph and he was trying to impress April, but Raph embarassed Donnie. For this one, Mikey did the same to Leo. lol So Leo trying to impress Karai was cute and silly. If the writers want to go down that path...it will be interesting, but I'm under the impression that Karai won't be around much.

I still wonder if there will be animosity between Splinter and Leo now because of this incident, or if Splinter will hold any resentment towards Leo. Oh why must we wait months for another episode! T_T
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #43
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
I have a question.
Spoiler:
Why Did Shredder blame Splinter for Karai Mutating when it was Shredder' s fault for releasing the cage ?
Because Shredder's just arrogant and blind like that.

How long is the wait? :/

Last edited by Jester; 06-29-2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: 2x posts
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #44
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Spoiler:
So Karai is a shapeshifting mutant?
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #45
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
Spoiler:
So Karai is a shapeshifting mutant?
Spoiler:
I think it's because it looks like Baxter spilled retromutagen into the container.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #46
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Guys is there really any need for the spoiler tags?

I mean if people haven't seen it yet, they should really be avoiding the thread that's ABOUT the actual episode.

Fair does if you were to discuss the episode in the official news thread or elsewhere, but in here it's really quite unnecessary.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #47
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Watching it now. So the foot are basicly the frost giants to splinter's asgardian family?
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #48
ssjup81
Foot Elite

So, how do you think this ep would've turned out if Leo had managed to go along with Karai and the other three and Splinter figure it out and go after them?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #49
Vicky82
Emperor

Wow this episode was amazing, it was emotional, I feel so bad for Splinter, he got his daughter back but then she was taken away from him again. I didn't think Karai was going to be mutated in this episode.

I like Karai mutation as it's different, it looked like she's going to be dangerous and a threat to people as it looked like the mutation affected her mind.

I feel there is going to be tension between Splinter and Leo as it was partly Leo's fault but more Shredder's fault for using her as bait, he won't admit it and will be pissed which will lead to probably almost killing Leo.

I like all the little fights between Karai and Tiger Claw.
I like Leo's plan to save Karai and was great seeing each turtle had a job to do.
Leo blushing was adorable
Mikey destracting Fishface and Rahzar was great, it proves he can be more focused and mature and when he hurt his arm he overcome that pain to fight Fishface.
Raph helping Mikey was adorable, proves Raph is awesome big brother.
I like the chase scene and Donnie got some extra gadgets on the Shell Razor, Poop TNT LOL.
Splinter and Karai's hug was adorable
Mikey and Leo's spar session was great, then they ended up brawling accidently taking Donnie and Raph was like what the hell i'll join in too lol.
The flashback was amazing, it had more history between Splinter and Shreder. So Shredder was adopted by Splinter's father and he and Splinter were raised together, WOW. So Shredder is "sort of" Uncle to Karai.
Karai and Leo moment together was cute and Leo looked a bit awkward when Karai got close to him.
Chrome Dome is back (well only for a minute)
Karai trying to fight Shredder was good but ouch Shredder hitting Karai was brutal, (i'm surprised that Nick are able to show things like that)
The fight scene was great it had more Splinter vs Shredder fight.
Karai mutating was just wow, I loved the music and it made it emotional.
My heart sank when Splinter was holding Karai in his arms and Splinter and Shredder were devistated it proves Shredder cares about Karai but he isan asshole for putting Karai in danger like that.
I hope Raph will be ok after mutated Karai spat some toxic into his eyes, I would have thought he be blinded temporarly (for a few episodes) but he seems ok but it's hard to tell with Raph because he probably wouldn't admit there something wrong.
My heart sank even more when I saw them how sad they all were and with Leo trying to apologize to Splinter, I expect there will be tension between them.
Mikey asking Donnie if he could do more retro mutagen but I think it be more harder due to what Baxter put into the mutagen and Donnie has to find a fresh batch now due to the mutagen in Baxter's lab is contaminated.

Can't wait till the next episode, I guess it's going to be a long wait.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #50
snake
Disgusting

Wow, just wow. I really expected Karai to mutate into Venus or something, that was awesome. I assume she can change back and forth from human to snake?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #51
fridaynightdestination
Banned

Woah, that episode got a little intense towards the end there! Probably the darkest episode this season. The last 5 minutes or so was the highlight of the episode, of course. Everything with Karai and Shredder was really cool, and seeing Splinter and Shredder fight, while brief, was awesome. Overall, great episode, 8.5/10.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #52
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I was right. sort of.

Spoiler:
Do you think it was a cop put to give her an ability to turn back into a human?
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #53
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I was right. sort of.

Spoiler:
Do you think it was a cop put to give her an ability to turn back into a human?
No, some snakes can change colors I'm pretty sure. So maybe that mixed with the mutagen, giving her the ability to change into anything (Or just Karai's human form).

Was her VA the same one who voiced Ventress from Clone Wars?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #54
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Wow... just wow...

In a way this is what I wanted, to see Karai, a character never mutated in past media to be mutated... but as a whole new character and not just Venus or some other past character. but wow, it was done in such a bizzare and tragic way. And the reactions from both Splinter and Shredder were awesome. But c'mon Shredder.. what did you expect was gonna happen if you had her hanging up there anyway?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #55
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Loved seeing chrome dome. If only just for a second.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #56
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Darkest episode of the series by a long shot. The Leo one-shot is going to be the finale, I can sense it lmao. I really hope it is, because Shredder may also blame Leo because he was the one he tried to attack. If the Leo one-shot happens, I hope that the Turtles begin to fear Shredder again. They were so afraid of him after their first fight, and the fear was lost, and now they think they can take him any time even though he whoops ass.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #57
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Woah.

Got my ass up and to the computer first thing, not even washed up yet...

Spoiler:
Geezus frigging kirst, what the shell was that?? o.O Well damnnn...

Unforeseen, but that works I suppose. Is she a shape shifter or WHAT.

Also. D'awww... he blushed.

Edit: I guess maybe she's an enemy again for now. :\ Sad.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #58
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Wow, what a tragic fate that took place following Splinter's backstory, which itself was very heart touching to listen to, even involving Saki/Hamato as children and teaches a good lesson about just staying safe and avoiding further trouble by trying too hard if you don't have the capabilities. There was still room for Raphael to throw a "this isn't a romantic comedy" gag. That said, I see the mutation of Karai as more than just an opportunity lost for the good guys, another mutant makes her more powerful seemingly when Karaigon (what I'll refer to her from now on) can have a partial human stance that can cause more trouble. And being rushed isn't necessairily bad thing as it can make something that seems hopeful turn into defeat in a matter of moments, and in an episode where the Foot gains a victory, its always more anticipation for a future episode.

Overall: 9/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:44 AM   #59
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Forgot to mention that Karai looked like more of a Pokemon than Spidey Bytes did. I kept thinking they should have tossed a Pokeball at her.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:44 AM   #60
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Woah.

Got my ass up and to the computer first thing, not even washed up yet...

Spoiler:
Geezus frigging kirst, what the shell was that?? o.O Well damnnn...

Unforeseen, but that works I suppose. Is she a shape shifter or WHAT.

Also. D'awww... he blushed.
She looks like Scaletail honestly.

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Scale_Tail

Tags
2012, karai, kissing cousins?, leonardo, mutation, nick, shredder, snake, vengeance