The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-17-2018, 12:38 AM   #61
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It's because white men review "certain films" from a biased and closed-minded perspective.

Films that target diverse audiences tend to get mixed reviews/reception from white male critics. (The lack of non-white male critics worsens this effect.) Resultantly, said films receive a misleading reputation, and perform poorly.

I think that's what they're trying to convey.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:20 AM   #62
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Mindy Kaling joins Brie Larson in "This movie wasn't for white people"/"if there were more non-white people critics, people would have (been tricked into) seen this movie."

And not, you know, "Oops. We did a bad movie." I guess there's never been a movie about white people that has done bad that's been reviewed by white people ever, right?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...L&ocid=UP97DHP

After all, those pesky white critics really ravaged "Black Panther," didn't they?

i really hope people of all races see through this behavior as the sadness that it is.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:40 AM   #63
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
It's because white men review "certain films" from a biased and closed-minded perspective.

Films that target diverse audiences tend to get mixed reviews/reception from white male critics. (The lack of non-white male critics worsens this effect.) Resultantly, said films receive a misleading reputation, and perform poorly.

I think that's what they're trying to convey.
Any stats to back up this claim?

Because without any prove it looks standard leftie racism.

Also, as I said before, critics affect box-office of movies very little. There are plenty of examples when movie with **** rating manage to become box-office hit and vice-versa.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote