The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-05-2005, 09:29 PM   #61
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

The thing I like about watching wrestling in Japan is the audience are so appreciative of the performers. There's more applause than cheers.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #62
Peanut
Second Gear

Decent RAW tonight. Looks like an Orton/Christian fued, which sounds pretty entertaining to me. Tajiri winning the tag titles was a pretty obvious one, but it was enjoyable all the same. I loved the look Batista was giving the title belt at the end of the show. Good stuff.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #63
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

RAW was definitely a good show. The one thing I could've done without was the diva fashion show. But, I did enjoy Lawler's ring presence. It's always good to see him in there.

Triple H's match with Edge was pretty good, too. I could watch it with little wincing. Speaking of matches, Benoit and Jericho were superb. Great show for the fans everywhere like always.

The Batista/HHH rivalry is getting more and more interesting, with the humanity they're continuing to give Batista and the constant Smackdown! footage being shown, which I think will be revealed to be HHH's doing. Also, the sign-off last night was excellent. Those last two minutes of airtime showed so much.

Great show. I applaud the respective performers for this one.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #64
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Interesting news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmforce.ign.com
February 08, 2005 - While this may not be the description you'd expect from one of the toughest wrestlers and action stars around, The Rock is a soft spoken, nice guy. That's not to say that I'm not absolutely sure he could twist me into a pretzel, but just to say that he totally and completely negates the stereotypes many of us have about a pro wrestler acting in movies. He's well spoken, highly intelligent and approachable.

IGN FilmForce caught up with The Rock recently to talk about some exciting upcoming projects he has lined up. Mr. Dwayne Johnson also discussed some future hopes for his career.

After filming wraps in Prague for Doom, The Rock will take a brief videogame reprieve to shoot Gridiron Gang before returning to the Czech Republic for John Woo's Spy-Hunter. "Yeah, but I'm probably gonna do, well I know for sure, I'm going to do a movie first called Gridiron Gang before Spy-Hunter. Gridiron's gonna be with Sony and that is supposed to shoot [in Prague] as well. It's supposed to be."

Playing a gay country-singing bodyguard in Be Cool, The Rock is doing his best to break away preconceived notions or limitations many may have of The Rock. "I think after a movie like Be Cool comes out and a movie like Gridiron Gang, which is a true story, it's about hope. I don't want to place it into the same category as Coach Carter, because that was about the coach and what he did. This is about one man and what he did for all these kids. And all of these kids, half are alive, half are dead, but you care about each individual kid and there are stories about each one… It's really incredible. I think after a movie like that I really wanted to make movies in basically every genre and try to do well in it."

Rock promises he wasn't going after specific videogame movies, it just turned out that he was doing two of them. "Purely coincidental. You know what? I lucked out. Really, with a movie like Spy-Hunter, same studio, really went after the writing aspect… We had great producers with this, but with Spy-Hunter as well. We went after John Woo and really wanted to make sure that we delivered, and not just, you know, making a movie just because the video game was popular, [but] really making an awesome movie. And with Spy-Hunter, it's great. With the car and the comedic elements as well, a little bit of True Lies as well."

WWE is now talking about producing their own movies, but The Rock says his days of donning those tights are in the past. "No. They've been wanted for a long time to get into the movie business and, I'm not too sure, I think like low budget movies, a lot of them straight to video. I think they wanted to and were looking for different distributors. No, my contract is actually up with them, it was up last year, so I'm done…"

As far as expanding his horizons in the movie business, The Rock has a whole slate of plans for his career. Some may be a little surprising, but judging by how well his career has been progressing in the past couple of years, he may get a chance to do all of them. "Oh yeah. You know like in comedies, I'd love to do something with Will Ferrell. We have a couple of ideas. There was a movie, yeah, and it's a constant process. Sometimes I bog my own self down because I've got so much s*** in my head, man. What's going on here? Action-wise, I would love to do something with Jason Statham. I really, really like what he does. He was the guy from The Transporter. Yeah, I met him one time. He was really, really cool. Johnny Bravo is another one that's coming up. Do you guys know Johnny Bravo? Yeah, I'm not doing a cartoon on it, but yeah it's great; Very, very funny."
-- Jeff Otto
Damn.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #65
ZariusTwo
Overlord

They've got Austin back for three movies, but they've now lost the one mainstream draw they have left that can actually wrestle, unless they get Foley back again...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:45 AM   #66
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

You mean The Rock Real Name Dwanye Johnson rather do B movies instead of wrestle.
Demented Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:44 AM   #67
Peanut
Second Gear

Well...The Rock is officially a sell out. Go ahead and forget the company and the industry that made you a success, asshole.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #68
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
Well...The Rock is officially a sell out. Go ahead and forget the company and the industry that made you a success, asshole.

I think New York were basically telling him that back in 2002 when he jobbed the belt to Brock, hence his heel turn in 2003 during his final "real" run with the company.

Batista is the fan favourate right now, but I doubt he'll pull in the mainstream
Old 02-10-2005, 10:58 AM   #69
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder utrom
You mean The Rock Real Name Dwanye Johnson rather do B movies instead of wrestle.
No. He meant that he thinks the WWE would rather do straight-to-video movies instead of big-budget films.

This really doesn't mean Rock sold out. He had a dispute with the WWE, his contract ran out, he's still making movies and letting other guys take over the ring. He's passing the torch as it were. He's not a sell-out just because he didn't renew his contract. Maybe he wanted to, but the WWE wanted other things from him that he disagreed with.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #70
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

Hogan had to job to the Rock that was leaving to do another movie.well the nwo was going on.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:25 PM   #71
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Hogan had to job to the Rock that was leaving to do another movie.well the nwo was going on.

What are you talking about now? MAKE SOME SENSE, for the love of God.

And for the record, Hogan left the NWO the following night
Old 02-13-2005, 01:54 AM   #72
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

Actually Hogan was supposed stay in the nwo.It would have had the then WWF spraypainted nwo on it.Well the fans had to ruin it by cheering him.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:47 AM   #73
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Actually Hogan was supposed stay in the nwo.It would have had the then WWF spraypainted nwo on it.Well the fans had to ruin it by cheering him.

I know that, but Hogan was never a heel in WWE, so the loyal WWE fans could'nt cheer him for long.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:56 AM   #74
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I just watched TNA Against All Odss...screw No Way Out, that is'nt going to top that PPV.

Nash/Jarret was great, which is surprising given Nash is usless, Billy Gunn and Syx-Pac returning were quite a shock, (maybye Wlatman will be more motivated now), Jarret retained the belt after hitting three strokes on Nash.

A.J Stylrs vs Daniels was off the chart, that iron man match should by all rights have bene an hour. Robbery.

Abyss and Jeff Hardy had a decent TLC match, looks like Abyss is Jarret's next challenger.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:52 PM   #75
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Here's a little moment of zen.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:23 PM   #76
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Krow, you are my hero. I have to show that to my girlfriend, she'll get a kick outta that.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:17 PM   #77
Peanut
Second Gear

RAW has been pretty good so far tonight The Orton/Christian match was DAMN good. Those two work really well together. I hope that fued gets a little more heated.

Edit: RAW was definately good tonight. The Tag Championship match was pretty boring, but other than that it was great. I wonder if Batista will actually show up on Smackdown.

Last edited by Peanut; 02-14-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:55 PM   #78
ZariusTwo
Overlord

That Orton/Christian match will be better than the entire No Way Out PPV.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #79
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
That Orton/Christian match will be better than the entire No Way Out PPV.
Well that goes without saying. Most things Smackdown releated are crap, but I'll have to watch it on Thursday to find out what's going down with Batista.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:36 AM   #80
The Clerk
Stone Warrior

I just got back from the Gundarena, in cleveland, from SmackDown!

it was pre-taped, i actually liked it, even tho i'm not a huge fan of SmackDown!... but hey, i got to see JBL, Angle, and Undertaker.... worth it

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling