The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #141
Wanda
Thug

Does someone really consider it damaging for children to see an unmarried couple cohabiting?

In Finland probably no one gets married before they've lived together for a while...if they want to be married at all.

The majority of Finnish are some sort of Christians, I dunno about that for I've been a pagan for all of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaffleMan View Post
This cohabiting issue a fundamental christian point of view which is more commonly exercised in America which has a very strong link between government and fundamental christianity.
Yeah, the media here actually is showing USA as a country where Christian religion and politics are pretty involved together.

Hey, filthy king won't you give me a dream!*

"The true art of the ninja: hit and run.
(That is why some ninja(s) are often confused with drunk drivers.)"

The Origin of the Ninja

Last edited by Wanda; 10-15-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 AM   #142
Slash
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
The majority of Finnish are some sort of Christians, I dunno about that for I've been a pagan for all of my life.
I take it that's you in the wizardry outfit then?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #143
Wanda
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
I take it that's you in the wizardry outfit then?
Meaning my avatar? No, it's Nina Hagen, a punk singer.

I don't think wizards would use top hats.

Hey, filthy king won't you give me a dream!*

"The true art of the ninja: hit and run.
(That is why some ninja(s) are often confused with drunk drivers.)"

The Origin of the Ninja
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 08:29 PM   #144
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, I remember this thread. Apparently Casey and April, who were adults in the 2007 movie, living together but not being married yet was "morally wrong" according to the person who made this thread and inappropriate for children.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:43 AM   #145
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, I remember this thread. Apparently Casey and April, who were adults in the 2007 movie, living together but not being married yet was "morally wrong" according to the person who made this thread and inappropriate for children.
Quite a few people did, and it feels really weird that anybody would even think it is. A lot of the parents that I saw talk about it (not here) also let their kids watch Simpsons and Family Guy and had less of a problem with them because even though they let their kids watch them, they were intended for adults, while this was intended for children

Reminds me of the blow-up of the very potential of Karai and Shinigami being a couple. Apparently it's perfectly fine for kids to watch a show where a major character's only real motivation is to murder his foster brother (and he even ended up succeeding. Twice.) BUT HEAVEN FORBID THE CONCEPT OF TEH GAYZ! I mean for Chrissake, it's not like they were gonna start tribbing on-screen. Honestly the number of people more okay with interspecies romance on this board outnumbering those okay with homosexuality is a very troubling concept.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:26 AM   #146
CyberCubed
Overlord

The thing is even back in 2007 when this thread was made, couples living together has been the norm forever. The thread creator honestly believes a man and woman cannot live together without being married first. Like...what on earth?

So even if Casey and April were dating and slept over at each others apartments or whatever, that's apparently fine, but being "moved in" together instead of living on their own was morally wrong? For two adults in assumingly their late 20's like they were in this movie?

Since when is a man and woman living together of all things considered controversial?
Old 08-30-2022, 11:37 AM   #147
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Cybercubed, aren't you a Jew? I thought cohabitation was forbidden in Judaism.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 06:03 PM   #148
CyberCubed
Overlord

Old 08-30-2022, 07:08 PM   #149
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Doesn't really strike me as the practicing type either way. And who'd have thought otherwise...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:52 PM   #150
Prowler
Emperor

This thread pre-dates my forum registration for nearly two years, but I have read it before.

I can't help but notice the people who have an issue with April and Casey living together happen to be Americans. I've never heard anyone in real life having an issue with an unmarried couple living together. That's the standard nowadays.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:57 PM   #151
Leo656
The Franchise

It's weird. "No, you can't live together first to see if you can even coexist without killing each other. You get married and then you like it or lump it."

Seems wise. Not a recipe for disaster at all.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:05 PM   #152
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It's kinda odd but yeah back then a lot of tv couples were miserable with each other but they'd never resort to actually cheating or getting a divorce because it was always shown that deep down under all the insults and wisecracks, they still loved each other. Even if just a teeny smidge.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:06 PM   #153
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah I remember a few times Al had full go-ahead to cheat on Peggy but he could never bring himself to.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:11 PM   #154
IMJ
Emperor

I don't think anyone actually cares about this.
And for the guy that started the thread years ago, he was probably pot stirring or an outlier in mania.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:12 PM   #155
Prowler
Emperor

To be fair, back in the day people dated for a much shorter period of time enfore getting married than they do nowadays.

I don't remember how long my parents dated before my dad proposed to my mum, and I can no longer ask them that, but I don't think they dated for a very long time. Granted they already knew each other before but still, they must have dated for less than a year from what I remember being told. Not like nowadays where it's standard for couples to date each other for several years before getting married, if they even do that is.

So yeah, not surprised that people many decades ago were usually already married by the time they moved in together.

Ofc nowadays it's harder than ever to get a house. In my country it's not strange to be 24-25 and still living at your parents apartment, for example. The whole "leaving your parents home at 18" has always been more of an American thing really. Perhaps in Scandinavian nations it happens as well, but in Southern Europe? No.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 02:45 PM   #156
CyberCubed
Overlord

2007 was just a little over a decade ago not ancient history. Young couples living together without being married was the norm then too. I have no idea why the person who created this thread was so shocked a movie aimed at kids had them living together.

Maybe that person lives in 1955
Old 09-21-2022, 09:54 PM   #157
Coola Yagami
Overlord

This reminds me of some overly Christian site I once ran into that would review movies based on if they were safe for kids to watch. I remember some movies would get nicked because 'they were shown just eating dinner without saying grace first'. I do remember this movie in particular did get nicked by 'April and Casey are shown to be living together with no signs of actually being married'.

The horror. Those heathens. Movie shoulda been a hard R.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:24 PM   #158
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
2007 was just a little over a decade ago not ancient history. Young couples living together without being married was the norm then too.
Yeah, I was literally doing that in 2007.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:59 PM   #159
TylerD
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
Is APPALLED at the fact that in the movie, April and Casey are cohabiting?

I could not believe it when I saw it. And now the comic book confirms it.

Please don't tell me that "everybody does it nowadays"- cause I sure don't and won't. This is still supposed to be a family-friendly movie- not necessarily a kiddie movie, but one that is friendly to all audiences.

Did they cohabit before being married in the original comic book? I'm not counting when they were living in the farm in Northampton, but after they became an official couple and Shadow had already been born?
The first movie has splinter cut up and bleeding while chained up, and Shredder is thrown off a building into a garbage truck.... And you're worried about a couple that isn't married. Lol..... ok....
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote