The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #21
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
These films are proof God isn't real, if anything.
Michael Bay continues to get work, god is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #22
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
We're finally getting Bebop & Rocksteady in a movie, who look like they walked straight out of a cartoon. Been wanting this since being a disappointed kid seeing Tokka & Rahzar exit the cage in 1991.
Yeah, I been wanting to see Bebop and Rocksteady on the big screen for sometime, They have a lot of personality in them, Tokka & Rahzar were ok, But they didn't have much personally since they were just acting like babies the whole time.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #23
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

WWE's Sheamus is officially casted as Rocksteady

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/tm...y/1100-152434/

(Sincerely hoping it is what I think it is)
Although these pictures were posted, now would be a good time to bring this up today. We already learned of who is playing Bebop before and now we get the big rhino man himself. Sheamus, a current performer in the World Wrestling Entertainment has been a three time world champion as well US champion and both a Royal Rumble and King of the Ring winner. The man is underrated and is brutal as a fighter in the ring. If there's any more information relating to the topic, feel free to post it as well as thoughts on the decision of picking him for the role.

I also find it a little ironic that both sequels have a WWE superstar. Super Shredder was portrayed by Kevin Nash and now this.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:38 PM   #24
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

That is the single most fake purple mohawk I have ever seen.

And the nose ring looks atrocious.

Remove those two elements, and Bebop would look rather intimidating.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

<shrug> Well, we'll see...
Old 05-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #26
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
he's finally punishing us for our crimes against him.
That would explain a lot, actually.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

People, it's Hollywood, that's "making deals with the devil" territory for sure, and sorts like Bay probably have a direct line. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So we got a typical New York thug rocksteady. A Russian rocksteady. And now an Irish rocksteady, fella!!

I will honestly knock one sin off this movie if rocksteady hits a turtle with the bro kick.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #29
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So we got a typical New York thug rocksteady. A Russian rocksteady. And now an Irish rocksteady, fella!!

I will honestly knock one sin off this movie if rocksteady hits a turtle with the bro kick.
(Insert a Brogue Kick gif here) YES, DO IT!!!

I'm honestly surprised that while Bebop is always the same, Rocksteady's heritage is different each time. If properly handled, the fights are going to be a shell of an awesome time.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #30
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
That is the single most fake purple mohawk I have ever seen.

And the nose ring looks atrocious.

Remove those two elements, and Bebop would look rather intimidating.
Dude, that costume design has way more problems than just the ghastly mohawk (clearly inspired by Barney's pubic hair) and ugly septum jewelry.

I present to you Exhibit A: the leather chaps. Perhaps he and S&M Shredder like to go to the same bondage bars?

I also present Exhibit B: the chain wrapped around the spiked arm cuff, a bold move often seen by teens on VampireFreaks.com who can't yet tell where the line begins on "trying too hard".

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #31
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

It's sooooooo goddamn purple. It's perfect!
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Dude, that costume design has way more problems than just the ghastly mohawk (clearly inspired by Barney's pubic hair) and ugly septum jewelry.

I present to you Exhibit A: the leather chaps. Perhaps he and S&M Shredder like to go to the same bondage bars?

I also present Exhibit B: the chain wrapped around the spiked arm cuff, a bold move often seen by teens on VampireFreaks.com who can't yet tell where the line begins on "trying too hard".
Yeah, but it's BEBOP. Bebop's an idiot who probably WOULD dress in leather chaps and chained spiked arm cuffs because it makes him look tough. It's not like his fashion in the OT was any better... or the Tron suit from Nick. I think his wardrobe from IDW is the closest thing to normal we've ever seen him in.

But that mohawk... <shiver>
Old 05-28-2015, 07:31 PM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Irish?

That could be cool. It'd be weird, but it'd be cool.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:35 PM   #34
sdp
-

Why the negativity? This is awesome. If you're still butthurt that we didn't get the Mirage inspired movie then I'm sorry but you need to get over it. I was pretty bummed too after Laird had promised us an amazing new movie and Viacom changed everything. But after fan outcry they did change the horrible plans for the 2014 movie and they ended up making a decent movie that is easily redeemable. Sure it isn't the Mirage film we wanted but it's taking it in a new fun direction. Yeah they're going for heavy OT influence but is that really a bad thing? It's something different and new and it's interesting to see where they take the franchise since it's something totally different than what we expect, they can go sci-fi heavy with these films. I'm totally expecting the technodrome in the third movie and crazy action, just fun movies. Say what you want but I prefer this over the more traditional 2007 snooze fest movie we got.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #35
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by <TmNtRoX-1997> View Post
Why the negativity? This is awesome. If you're still butthurt that we didn't get the Mirage inspired movie then I'm sorry but you need to get over it. I was pretty bummed too after Laird had promised us an amazing new movie and Viacom changed everything. But after fan outcry they did change the horrible plans for the 2014 movie and they ended up making a decent movie that is easily redeemable. Sure it isn't the Mirage film we wanted but it's taking it in a new fun direction. Yeah they're going for heavy OT influence but is that really a bad thing? It's something different and new and it's interesting to see where they take the franchise since it's something totally different than what we expect, they can go sci-fi heavy with these films. I'm totally expecting the technodrome in the third movie and crazy action, just fun movies. Say what you want but I prefer this over the more traditional 2007 snooze fest movie we got.
It's not the fact that it wasn't Mirage inspired that people are upset. It's the fact that this movie screwed up in every possible sense. They couldn't even get the origin story right, for goodness sakes! The Turtles deserve a better movie, one without the involvement of Michael Bay and Platnium Dunes.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:41 PM   #36
Galactus
Foot Elite

^^^

It's not a case that it's a Fred Wolf-esque movie which is a big assumption based them using something superficial ripped right from there.

After all there's still Karai and human Foot and a Casey that I'm sure wont want to "break something" which makes this a patchwork of influences even if it's only surface level. It's just a case that it flat-out doesn't look good.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #37
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
It's not the fact that it wasn't Mirage inspired that people are upset. It's the fact that this movie screwed up in every possible sense. They couldn't even get the origin story right, for goodness sakes! The Turtles deserve a better movie, one without the involvement of Michael Bay and Platnium Dunes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
^^^

It's not a case that it's a Fred Wolf-esque movie which is a big assumption based them using something superficial ripped right from there.

After all there's still Karai and human Foot and a Casey that I'm sure wont want to "break something" which makes this a patchwork of influences even if it's only surface level. It's just a case that it flat-out doesn't look good.
What they said.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #38
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by <TmNtRoX-1997> View Post
Yeah, I don't get it either, Sure there are fans of other iterations, They just cant seem to let it go, If they are catering to one group of fans, Then they should let it be, Besides they can continue enjoying there favorite version of TMNT all they want, Being a child of the 80s, I grew up with 80s Fred Wolf TMNT, and it brings joy, How much they are taking some of its influence in the sequel.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #39
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, I don't get it either, Sure there are fans of other iterations, They just cant seem to let it go, If they are catering to one group of fans, Then they should let it be, Besides they can continue enjoying there favorite version of TMNT all they want, Being a child of the 80s, I grew up with 80s Fred Wolf TMNT, and it brings joy, How much they are taking some of its influence in the sequel.

I think you're missing the point. It's not the fact that it's based on any particular version. It's the fact that the movie was garbage. The reviews from critics proved it, and the divisive fan opinion in the TMNT community is proving it. It's not all that hard to understand, IMO.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #40
Powder
So tired of this place

I don't care what they do so long as it's written well & looks good. They could include Venus & Neutrinos for all I care, whether or not it works falls on the creative team's shoulders.

That is why we (we meaning those of us who don't necessarily love the Fred Wolfisms) can love IDW & Nick despite their heavy OT influence- they do it right. These guys are not capable of making bad things good, in fact, they make good things bad.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, rocksteady