The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 06-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #41
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by donatello27 View Post
Got a question to ask you: when you played The Hyperstone Heist on Easy: did you get the End credits like one earns on the SNES Ninja turtles on the Hard more.

I've never seen its ending so I thought I would ask.

I too played that game (been a long time).

I think I beat it on Easy once. and that was all. I hated its gameplay
Hmm... I can't say... YouTube might show it, but I think all the playthroughs are done on Hard...so it's probably like the SNES TMNT IV and you MUST beat it on hard to get an ending.
I do know the ending is not much different from the SNES game either really it appears from the video I watched.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #42
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Hey I just watched the TMNT in time ending for the snes and at the end it say "you have completed your training, now you are true ninjas"
Do you think they intended for Turtles in Time to be the last game ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY1rIkEmcq0
Very end 5:30 or so
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #43
joetheripper
Foot Soldier

NES
tmnt 1- impossible
tmnt 2 - arcade - beat
tmnt 3 - beat
SNES
tmnt 4 - beat all modes
joetheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #44
Roland
is Laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetheripper View Post
NES
tmnt 1- impossible
tmnt 2 - arcade - beat
tmnt 3 - beat
SNES
tmnt 4 - beat all modes
tmnt1 - You can beat it you just need to believe you can. Be the ninja turtle!!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #45
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Here's what I've beaten:

NES:

TMNT II: The Arcade Game (used Konami code)

TMNT III: The Manhattan Project (used Konami code)

SNES:

Turtles in Time (Beaten on all modes)

XBOX:

TMNT Arcade 1989 (that's a given since they let you keep re-spawning)

Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled (most people were disappointed with this game, but I enjoyed it)

I still haven't beaten the first TMNT game for NES, though. Hoping to do so one of these days.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #46
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Since I lasted posted on this thread, I beat the first NES game about a year and a half ago, and it sure helped having those "scrolls" to make the first part of that "hall of doom" easier along with fighting the Technodrome boss beforehand.

But today for the first time I beat Manhattan Project for the first time today! I'll have to admit the "Down + B" attack not only makes it faster, but more fun compared to the A+B attack on Turtles II. I had to burn one continue after losing to Super Shredder once, but defeated him with still a little over a life to spare the second time. I even got as far as Leatherhead (stage 5 boss) without losing a life. I tend to find the first half of Stage 7 (the elevator) the most difficult non-boss stretch, though a portion of Stage 6 (the Technodrome) is pretty tricky while you dodge the electric shocks on a moving conveyor belt. Overall I find it similar in difficulty to Turtles II, and is a very beatable game. Timing the electric shocks that Super Shredder brings along with avoiding the anti-mutagen blasts (at least its not instant kill as in Turtles II) is the key to beating Super Shredder. Krang is pretty tricky similar to Turtles II, with lots of tricky maneuvering necessary. The ending isn't quite as good as Turtles II, but still is cool to see the final "Cowabunga!" along with the nice credits music.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #47
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I never beat the original arcade games in person (just one more quarter mom, PLEASE? ) but I did beat the first on Xbox live arcade. I have turtles in time for SNES but I don't think I ever beat it (I did beat Re-Shelled, though). I beat the original 2003 game on the gamecube and gameboy, but lost interest in the others and never played through them fully. The 2007 game I never beat, but got pretty far into it (it's not that it was too hard it was just really annoying and boring to play) and as for TMNT smash up...I WAS going to beat all the mission but I remember getting so frustrated on one mission where you had to knock Foot soldiers off the building. I tried that at least 75 to 100 times...used every trick (using the utrom!), watched every tutorial...that got me so frustrated that I never touched that game again. I never got OOTS, and although I do have the Nick game for the Wii, I don't have a working nun chuck to play it...need to buy a new one.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #48
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

I have never completed a single TMNT game ever.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #49
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
I have never completed a single TMNT game ever.
If you had Battle Nexus or Mutant Nightmare for Gamecube you would have the perfect opportunity to beat the slightly condensed Arcade versions of TMNT II:The Arcade Game and TMNT IV: Turtles In Time. You get infinity lives in both. If you have/had those two you can beat them without much trouble.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #50
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I managed to beat Out of the Shadows back in January, so I've been trying to beat the arcade mode. Only managed to get up to the Cerberus Mousers fight and took off one of its heads before I lost .

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #51
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior

Earlier I mentioned that I beat the SNES Tournament Fighters & Turtles in Time for the SNES, but I forgot to mention that I have yet to beat the NES first one, Arcade game, and Manhattan Project.

In fact, I remember playing the Manhattan Project and got as far as facing Tokkar...before being defeated.

For the Arcade game, I kept losing to Shredder...cause I didn't know who was the clone and who was the real Shredder.

And NES game...kept losing after saving the water dam.

If I could, I would go back and try to beat those games...but haven't found the time.

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #52
kolaida
Foot Soldier

The only one I've played was the NES version. And we played that game like it was our job, LOL! Sometimes played it on single player, but we usually played it on co-op. Played through it several times. That game was so much fun!
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #53
Tora
Hench Mutant

Never beat any of the NES titles but have beat TIT.
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #54
NiNi
Hench Mutant

I've beaten most of the 2003 series based games, actually. Hmm... the 2007 movie game, TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES) only once though sadly, Out of the Shadows, all modes in TMNT Smash-Up, Turtles in Time Reshelled...

But I've also beaten the 1980's series arcade game.

However, the biggest moment of beating a TMNT game was when my brother and I were little kids and we'd play the Turtles in Time arcade machine at a small arcade near a restaurant my family and I would go to on occasion. He played as Donatello and I was playing as Leonardo. He ran out of quarters and I was down to my last few and I ended up beating Shredder at the very end all by myself! We spazzed like crazy for doing that! LOL
Old 03-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #55
Nameless
Mad Scientist

i've beaten all i've played except for the infamous turtles 1 on the NES and turtles 3 on the NES. got to the dam and keep dieing on turtles 1. can't remember how far i got in turtles 3 but i do remember i lost because the game crash and i was so pissed i didn't try again and then forgot about it. lol

My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #56
Leo656
The Franchise

Back in elementary school, I used to rent the first three NES games all the time (we were kinda poor so I only had a few NES games, most of which were gifts). I don't dislike the first one but I swear, some games are just too hard for no reason. I'm actually a little surprised that the dam level is so infamous for being so difficult, it's tough but if you know exactly where to go it's not that bad. I, personally, could never get past one specific spot where you have to jump over a narrow gap with a very low spiked ceiling right above you. Either I miss the spikes but fall in the pit, or hit the spikes and die. The ONE time I made it over, the very last time I played it like ten years ago, the f*cking game glitched out and reset. My then-girlfriend-now-wife looked at each other in total despair and disbelief, as I had committed myself to that time being the time I finally beat it. Instead, I just declared "That was a sign," sighed, took the game out and put it back on the shelf. I'll probably never beat it, or even ever play it again. I wasted too much time and frustration on it as it was, beating it now wouldn't even bring me any joy. Maybe a slight sense of "F*CK YOU, game!" vindication, but that's hardly worth the stress. It's not awful, though, it had some neat ideas. It just had the common NES difficulty trap of "We have to kill the player constantly. They'll never play these games for months and years on end if they realize they're really only about an hour long."

Turtles II and III were no real problem. I haven't played either in a while, but I think I liked III a little better. My friends and I used to love playing and beating II co-op, but eventually I was able to beat it alone. I don't think I ever beat Manhattan Project co-op. Pretty sure I always did a solo mission on that one. I know I played it with friends but can't remember beating it with friends, maybe once. It's fuzzy. I know I beat it several times alone and got pretty far with my buddy, but I can't remember if we finished it together.

Turtles In Time for SNES was always my go-to. I beat the f*ck out of that game countless times. Last time was right after Christmas, twice, back-to-back, to celebrate hooking up the SNES for the first time in a while. Definitely my most-played TMNT game.

I played Tournament Fighters for SNES when it came out and was able to beat it on Normal but not Hard. The one time I made it to Karai as a kid, she beat my ass so fast I barely knew it started. I finally corrected that in 2009.

Played and beat the 2K3 game for Gamecube when it first came out. I actually like that game a lot. Finished it several times.

I definitely would have beaten Battle Nexus by now, but I swear my copy is glitched, as during the second Hun fight, at one point he would go all red/invulnerable and completely stay that way instead of eventually "cooling down", no longer receiving damage at all. This happened every single time I played the game. Eventually I just stopped bothering; I didn't like it as much as the first, but I do hope to finish it eventually.

I remember beating Mutant Nightmare with ease, but only played it once, as I had it on Xbox and my Xbox died shortly after. I remember liking it more than Battle Nexus.

The TMNT movie game was a piece of cake to beat. I kind of like it, it's nothing like any of the other games, but there's not much to it.

I beat the Story mode of Smash-Up in about a half hour and was pretty annoyed there wasn't more to the game in general.

I didn't have a tough time beating Out of the Shadows and I find that one pretty fun as well.

The rest I don't own.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #57
MartiusR
Random Punk

The first TMNT game I've played was TMNT: Tournament Fighters for NES/Pegasus (as far as I remember, I've played in this game in second half od 90'). I've beat the story mode probably with Raphael (he had the easiest combo from all turtles), although I must admit, that I had the most fun when playing with Casey or Shredder in other modes. I've also met in this period TMNT 3: Manhattan Project, also in NES version. Although I've never finished it. Don't remember excactly, if there was Krang as boss, but if it's true, so probably I stopped in this moment of game (well, all of these NES games was hard to beat, because most of them you've need to beat from the beginning to the end without turning off the console, with some exceptions like Samurai Pizza Cat with passwords. I only saw one of my colleagues was once playing in first TMNT game on NES, but never had occasion to play in it.

Probably after this I had a loooong break with TMNT games. I've met in the meantime Tournament Fighters in SNES version (never ended it though, this Karai was incredible!) and demo of Teeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from 2003.

And here we are "back", in... 2012 or 2013. I've bought the two parts of 4kids TMNT (first one and Battle Nexus, the second one was quite risky though, because it was in box covered with Italian description, so I was a bit afraid that the whole game will be also in Italian (of course seller didn't know anything about it), but I've tried, bought and fortunatly, the whole game was in english language) The first one I've beat with Donatello. Man, the last level was so annoyingly difficult. But after couple of attempts I've made it. The second was far less frustrating experience, but this time I had to play with totally different turtles, Don and Mike were in this parts far less useful than in the first one. I know that these two are not great games, but for not so demanding fan of TMNT like me it was after all nice experience.

And the last games I've played were TMNT: Smash Up on PS2 (well, I must admit that it was the easiest games with Turtles I've ever played, so it wasn't too hard to beat the story mode.. a couple of times ) and TMNT based on movie from 2007, but... I've never ended this one. The reason was quite untypical - polish dubbing. It was so terrible in this game, that I couldn't stand it. Maybe there would be some solution in turning off the speech in the game, but unfortunatly, it was the only way to understand what's going on in the game's plot (yep, no trace of subtitles).
MartiusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #58
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Was Manhattan Project ever uploaded on virturalnes.com or any other legal and safe simulator website?
Old 03-31-2014, 01:57 AM   #59
Longview01
Foot Soldier

I can remember beating the original Nes game.

We got it with our Nes back in the day and I used to play it every day before and after school, then 1 weekend I stayed up late and my brother was watching me play and I finally for the first and only time beat shredder and finished the game.

It was pretty damn exciting at the time.
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:27 PM   #60
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Was Manhattan Project ever uploaded on virturalnes.com or any other legal and safe simulator website?
It was on NES-ulator or something I can't recall. I know I had it on an emulator for the longest time, then my PC died. Good times.

Tags
personal accomplishment, video games