The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-01-2021, 03:11 PM   #3181
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
They didn’t specify. Only that it was mirage related product that would be released in the same channels as the video game related product.
What do you guys expect? Old stuff released again? New stuff? A triceraton-arc set (Fugitoid, Triceratons, Utroms, general Blanque...)? A City at war set (Karai, Robyn, Gabrielle, Foot Elite, some Foot robots)? There's a lot of characters from Mirage that we could get: Stockman, Casey Jones, Radical, one of the fish-people
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:38 PM   #3182
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
What do you guys expect? Old stuff released again? New stuff? A triceraton-arc set (Fugitoid, Triceratons, Utroms, general Blanque...)? A City at war set (Karai, Robyn, Gabrielle, Foot Elite, some Foot robots)? There's a lot of characters from Mirage that we could get: Stockman, Casey Jones, Radical, one of the fish-people
I think Casey Jones will be the first “New” figure we get at some point, and most of the figures initially will be updated/repainted reissues of the figures already released. Like I think the checklist image of yellow and green Aprils are a clue rather than a mistake. Casey should be able to be made with some reused parts from the Foot.
I’m hoping all of them, especially Shredder, get the stark black & white treatment too as NECA does that so well...maybe those will go to Lootcrate?

Hopefully we do get a massive mirage style Triceraton at some point too.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:59 PM   #3183
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
I think Casey Jones will be the first “New” figure we get at some point, and most of the figures initially will be updated/repainted reissues of the figures already released. Like I think the checklist image of yellow and green Aprils are a clue rather than a mistake. Casey should be able to be made with some reused parts from the Foot.
I’m hoping all of them, especially Shredder, get the stark black & white treatment too as NECA does that so well...maybe those will go to Lootcrate?

if they did rerelease april, i hope its a mutagen set with her fish and cat counterparts, although if it was a large set they could do her wasp form as well.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:32 PM   #3184
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
if they did rerelease april, i hope its a mutagen set with her fish and cat counterparts, although if it was a large set they could do her wasp form as well.
They were referring to the yellow jumpsuit and green jumpsuit Mirage April O’ Neil.

Here a Toy Hype USA review of Ultimate Krang’s Android Body: https://toyhypeusa.com/2020/12/31/ne...igures-review/
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:59 PM   #3185
Powder
So tired of this place

Ace Duck's only appearance in the old toon, was that minor cameo as a TV actor in the background of "Attack of Big MACC". I'd wonder if they would be who he's packed with, but the character is so minor & forgettable that it's pretty unlikely, I guess. Mutagen Man would be cool, given they're both largely remembered for being a part of the original toyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Be still, thy heart. I'd be soooo hype for that. We need a good Baxter, Savanti, Utrom, & Renet, too. If NECA could ultimately produce some Image/Vol.3/Urban Legends turtles, I think I'd faint.

They mentioned in the video they're looking into Archie, right? I read that from someone's breakdown of the video elsewhere, I've not watched it myself. That'd be cool, if so. I'd be down for a set of turtles, at least. Mutanimals, too.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:32 PM   #3186
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Powder,he specifically stated Ace Duck is slated to be paired with a villain. However, would Muckman and Mutagen Man be considered heroes or villains? That being said just telling us that it's a villain doesn't mean much. One I considered was Tattoo. A character that was name dropped towards the end of the video. The reason is like Ace Duck he had a mere cameo after a toy was released and left much to be desired. A hamster turned not into a humanoid hamster, but a human sumo? Ace Duck a movie character? Both left us confused and disappointed so if it's not Mutagen Man why not Tattoo for the above reasoning?
Old 01-01-2021, 10:24 PM   #3187
Powder
So tired of this place

I know, but half the "villains" in Fred Wolf sorta fluctuate their positions, anyway. Even MACC was somewhat co-opted by Shredder & Co.

Ace Duck, being a TV star, should've been paired with Bugman, another figure from fictional media within the series. That woulda been dope. I hope we GET a Bugman at some point, in general.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:14 AM   #3188
Night Monkey
Random Punk

I’m just looking for the Splinter/Baxter two pack and the Krang Android set. Would like the two pack that had Shredder and Krang as well. I have a spare Bebop and Rocksteady still sealed in box with the Nick logo if anyone is interested in that.

Thanks!
Night Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 01:10 AM   #3189
Poole
Random Punk

Does anyone know where or if krang Android will be released in UK? I have all the rest of t cartoon wave and it’s stressing me out! (Happy new year)
Poole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 01:59 AM   #3190
funatic
Mad Scientist

Is there even a Target URL for Krang yet?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:03 AM   #3191
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I’m betting

-April in green or yellow finally released.

-Cartoon Casey repainted for mirage. I already use cartoon Casey in my mirage set up anyway.

-rerelease of the turtles if they still have the molds.

-Splinter, cartoon resculpt
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:02 PM   #3192
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

when I was talking about purchasing for other collectors, this is what I was talking about, once again, this is a member of a "group" buying out the entire stock for others....I'm sorry this just doesn't sit right with me

sorry about the size of the pic

Old 01-02-2021, 06:16 PM   #3193
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier

My target never has these, and I've only seen them once at a comic shop without were selling them for way more than I could ever justify spending for figures.
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 08:04 PM   #3194
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
when I was talking about purchasing for other collectors, this is what I was talking about, once again, this is a member of a "group" buying out the entire stock for others....I'm sorry this just doesn't sit right with me

sorry about the size of the pic

https://i.imgur.com/T2wLafQ.jpg
I get that. I have asked and seen tons of others ask for people to keep an eye out and you never see those posts get any comments or likes even using their hashtag. You comment on their posts and it's either "sorry already left, I'll keep you in mind" or "these are already claimed" but then the same people keep buying up all the stock for the "group". If they all keep buying entire store's stock than how many people in the "group" still need them?
I followed several of these people to see if I could get anyone to help out and so far that is all I have seen since Krang started showing up.

Last edited by JonesyKitty; 01-02-2021 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Spelling error
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:16 AM   #3195
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Don’t forget more Mirage tmnt product sold at specialty shops. So anywhere you saw video game figures sold, that’s where they will sell the mirage stuff.
Best part of the interview for me. Love that he mirage line should be easy to get.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #3196
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
I get that. I have asked and seen tons of others ask for people to keep an eye out and you never see those posts get any comments or likes even using their hashtag. You comment on their posts and it's either "sorry already left, I'll keep you in mind" or "these are already claimed" but then the same people keep buying up all the stock for the "group". If they all keep buying entire store's stock than how many people in the "group" still need them?
I followed several of these people to see if I could get anyone to help out and so far that is all I have seen since Krang started showing up.
I have personally been helped out via this group. Not saying there might not be some bad apples but I am proof that some of them are genuine
Old 01-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #3197
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I have personally been helped out via this group. Not saying there might not be some bad apples but I am proof that some of them are genuine
Yeah. I’d rather the groups be there and potentially help people rather than scalpers take it all.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #3198
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah. I’d rather the groups be there and potentially help people rather than scalpers take it all.
but they're taking it all....I mean, I'm a collector, what if I walked in and saw this guy buying everything, am I SOL bc I'm not part of this group?
Old 01-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #3199
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

I hit 8 Targets today with no luck. Still no help from the group on Twitter. If I don't find Splinter and Krang tomorrow at the only other Target then I am just gonna say screw it and order them off ebay. At this point I just blew $40 in gas and only went to all those stores because we looped around while going somewhere else and just stopped on the way. So even if I had found them that's roughly $130 for the figures and gas to find them and since I didn't find them and have to search even more that's going to close to if not $200 in the end. I may as well just save the trouble of gas and driving around for no reason when we should be staying in and just eat the fact I had to pay some POS that bought up all the stock in our area.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:01 PM   #3200
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
I hit 8 Targets today with no luck. Still no help from the group on Twitter. If I don't find Splinter and Krang tomorrow at the only other Target then I am just gonna say screw it and order them off ebay. At this point I just blew $40 in gas and only went to all those stores because we looped around while going somewhere else and just stopped on the way. So even if I had found them that's roughly $130 for the figures and gas to find them and since I didn't find them and have to search even more that's going to close to if not $200 in the end. I may as well just save the trouble of gas and driving around for no reason when we should be staying in and just eat the fact I had to pay some POS that bought up all the stock in our area.
Sorry to hear this man. This is a living example of what I've been saying about the ridiculousness of the situation. Try to order from that place I mentioned a few pages back - canucktibles.ca I think it was.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote