The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

How much money do you think April made at Channel 6? What was the average salary per year for a news reporter back in the late 80's or early 90's?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:42 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How much money do you think April made at Channel 6? What was the average salary per year for a news reporter back in the late 80's or early 90's?
No idea. But she was in her mid-late 20s in the cartoon iirc. So even if she was Channel 6's most recognisable reporter I doubt she was making a fortune already.

Btw, in that Hokum episode where the Turtles go the future and April is still a reporter at the age of 70 she's still working for Channel 6...but as we all know, Channel 6 eventually got off the air for good and April became a freelance reporter in the Red Sky seasons. Then she worked for a different channel and her boss was a guy with glasses.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

April says she's 28 years old in one Season 3 episode. So she was almost 30.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
No idea. But she was in her mid-late 20s in the cartoon iirc. So even if she was Channel 6's most recognisable reporter I doubt she was making a fortune already.

Btw, in that Hokum episode where the Turtles go the future and April is still a reporter at the age of 70 she's still working for Channel 6...but as we all know, Channel 6 eventually got off the air for good and April became a freelance reporter in the Red Sky seasons. Then she worked for a different channel and her boss was a guy with glasses.
She may have asked her company to work for som years more.

The future scenes in "Once Upon a Time Machine" may take place in a possible future, where seasons 8-10 never happened. The big deal was the turtles retiring after defeating Shredder, but Shredder wasn't their main enemy during much of the red sky seasons.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #25
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Not much I imagine due to Burne's attitude and reporters not being the best paid profession, but 80s April certainly loved her job with a passion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
She may have asked her company to work for som years more.

The future scenes in "Once Upon a Time Machine" may take place in a possible future, where seasons 8-10 never happened. The big deal was the turtles retiring after defeating Shredder, but Shredder wasn't their main enemy during much of the red sky seasons.
It is possible that Shredder came back after the defeat of Dregg and things returned back to the pre-Red Sky era style.

However, I'd say that the events of Once Upon a Time Machine would've motivated the turtles not to lay off their training and end up unfit, making the actual timeline play out differently.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:00 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Not much I imagine due to Burne's attitude and reporters not being the best paid profession, but 80s April certainly loved her job with a passion.
There were two older reporters on Channel 6. A fat guy with a mustache and a blonde guy. I'm guessing they made more money than April? Vernon also looked older than April. Vernon looked like a guy in his early 40s alraedy, or almost.

Tbh April ran a lot of risks with many of her stories. Several of them almost cost her life. Plus, she mostly covered Turtle stories. I hope she asked for a raise. I'd hate to risk my life for my job all the time and make barley over minimum wage.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:57 PM   #27
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Blodgett was only in that Eye of the Sarnoth episode really. Also, Vernon fired him... which was odd since Vernon didn't have any authority at Channel 6. He was a cameraman. How could he have the authority to fire someone?
In some episodes Vernon acted like he had the same level of authority as April. It's possible they were just both below Burne so had that authority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Then, suddenly, during season 3 changes began. April O'Neil stayed what she was, but suddenly Vernon Fenwick began to report news, and Irma began to drive the newsvan and operate the camera.

Why all these changes suddenly?
Promotion! Promotion! Promotion!

https://hips.hearstapps.com/pop.h-cd...f?resize=768:*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gallery-1509394173-ezgif-4-89791d594b.jpg (10.1 KB, 0 views)
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #28
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Plus, she mostly covered Turtle stories.
She mostly covered interviews with scientists, before Shredder showed up to steal some inventions to repower the Technodrome.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote