The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Kevin Eastman Signed Toys

I have these on ebay right now (check link for photos) It's the Head Droppin Donnie, Leo, and Raph from Kevin Eastman's website of personal signed toys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ninja-Turtle...oAAOSwpaFZzE1o

If you're interested I can pull the listing and sell direct for $300 plus shipping if anyone here wants to grab the set at a little bit of a discount since I won't have to pay the ebay fees. Between the items, sales tax, and shipping I'm breaking even on them. I just decided not to collect the heads droppers in favor of the original set instead which I just completed so these previous buys I'm going to get rid of.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

EDIT: I updated the price. I need to get rid of these guys so I'm dropping the price to $250 shipped for the set of 3 within the USA when purchased direct.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 10-22-2017 at 09:33 AM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #2
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

*bump*

I'm surprised nobody seems to like these too much on the forum. They fly out of Kevin's online store.

Well, I'm willing to take offers on the set. I'm halfway done collecting the mutatin set instead so I wanna get rid of these Head Droppin guys. Raphael is actually in the online store now, so you can theoretically pick up the whole matching set. (assuming he hasn't already sold out)

Old 10-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
They fly out of Kevin's online store.
Yes, either to collectors or people flipping them on eBay.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I'm surprised nobody seems to like these too much on the forum.
I'm a collector on the forum. There is something for everyone when it comes to TMNT collecting. And that's pretty cool that everyone has a chance to find something perfect for them and their collection.

When it comes to these I already have the figures. Usually found very easily for not much money at all. The Eastman signature is cool. But I would rather have a signed piece of art or a signed comic.

Plus all the other collectibles competing for my money. $335 for three head droppin' turtles just doesn't feel like it's for me. Seems like a great item for a collector that already has everything.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:04 PM   #5
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I have noticed the ebay flippers, but I'm really just trying to just get my money back on my investment. I threw them on ebay just because last time I sold one for what I paid I had multiple messages from people and some were sore over the fact they didn't get the one I was selling in time and I just wanted to avoid that drama again. (via Facebook, not on here)

On a side note though, in my opinion they're not really the best investment for flippers to be honest... That's just my personal view I guess. I mean... they are old toys in shabby condition that have been repackaged, just signed by Kevin in his exclusive packaging which is pretty cool, but not worth a huge mark up past the point of his own selling prices. Kevin is also keeping them in a pretty healthy stock so if someone is just patient you can probably get the figure you want if you are diligent and keep an eye on the store. I think the prices he asks for them are pretty reasonable all things considered, but the flippers I would think would be stuck with them if they're trying to scalp them for a huge mark up. I guess that doesn't keep them from trying though.

You're right though TurtleWA, I guess it's a lot to shell out if you already have a healthy collection of the 80s figures. I have next to none which is why I guess I keep habitually scooping these up. My mom threw them ALL away on me when I was a kid so I get all excited picking one up every couple of weeks.

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 10-11-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:39 PM   #6
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I've noticed that often times the only one able to get "Kevin prices" is Kevin. I love that he makes so much available to fans, but his site isn't really the place to buy stuff to flip. I have a couple of iron-ons I bought from the site last year which I've been trying to sell for less than my cost for a while. I'm only trying to sell them because I came across unsigned ones a few months later and these are one of the rare items that I prefer unsigned. I have patience though and no need for immediate sale.

It seems in some areas (middle-ground collectibles) the TMNT market has gone down in value a little in the past few months, probably with the movies bombing and the Nick show ending. This is great as a collector, but bad as a seller. Maybe it'll pick back up when the new show starts.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #7
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Oh yes I agree. I mean, whatever if I'm stuck with them I'm stuck with them. It's not that I don't like them, but I have like... 15 of them now and I had to take a step back and be like... Okay girl... you are getting out of control. LOL! So I'm trying to just be a bit more selective of the ones I keep or else I'll end up just packing the majority away which is a bummer.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:32 AM   #8
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Price drop. $250 shipped within the USA for all 3