The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 12:44 AM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Crazy things that have happened in your life.

What are some "crazy" things that have happened in your life and you'd like to share?

Crazy could mean a variety of things, like unexpected, dangerous, unexpainable, memorable, weird, scary, funny etc.

Would love to hear the stories of many people here on the Drome.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-15-2018 at 12:55 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:45 AM   #2
Ninjinister
無問題

I died.

And then I un-died.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:55 AM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

One crazy thing I can think of was when I was once coming home from my workplace during the nightshift, as I was a nightshift worker who worked until 2-3 Am on average.

My most preferred method of getting back was by bicycle (since the city I'm in is pretty safe) and the streets were mostly devoid for the most part as if it was a Ghost Town as a part of some Horror movie. Besides the occassional cop car patrolling, there weren't many people out at all.

One particular night, I was extremely close to home when I heard a cat meowing from behind me. I looked back, and a black cat was on the other side of the road. Something caused to me have a strong impulse and turn towards it in order to cross the road, but when I almost did, a HUGGGEE truck suddenly came towards my side of the road and I was literally inches away from it as it crossed me. I even heard the driver say "you're lucky" and he was right. I shouldn't have have let that cat distract me till the point where I let my guard down, even though the chances of a random vehicle in the middle of the night were pretty silm. After that, I generally distrusted cats on my way home and didn't pay attention to them at all even if there was no traffic.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #4
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

One spooky experience I had happened about 15 years ago (I was around 21 years old). I was driving a friend home from another friends party early in the morning sometime, maybe 3am or so. She was tired so she was sleeping. It was pouring rain like crazy. The area we were in was sparsely populated so if someone was in the area they most likely had to drive.
As I started across a small bridge I could see the figure of a small person at the end of the bridge sitting on the edge. Slowly passing by I looked at the small boy, had to be about 10-12 years old, who peered at me from under a dark hoodie. It wasn’t a helpless look. I admittedly was too scared to stop and see if he needed help.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
One spooky experience I had happened about 15 years ago (I was around 21 years old). I was driving a friend home from another friends party early in the morning sometime, maybe 3am or so. She was tired so she was sleeping. It was pouring rain like crazy. The area we were in was sparsely populated so if someone was in the area they most likely had to drive.
As I started across a small bridge I could see the figure of a small person at the end of the bridge sitting on the edge. Slowly passing by I looked at the small boy, had to be about 10-12 years old, who peered at me from under a dark hoodie. It wasn’t a helpless look. I admittedly was too scared to stop and see if he needed help.
Ok, I'll admit that sounds really creepy yet sad in a way. I don't blame you for driving away since there is no telling what he might have done.

Crazy thing that happejed to me today morning: woke up at 6 am to find my cat and the neighbours one fighting inside my house, screaming like witches. It was so loud the entire house woke up and we saw that they made a huge mess in the room they fought in by tipping over the food and water and there were even patches of fur everywhere. The foreign cat was gone but mine was hiding in the shower, shaking in fear and all puffed up. This wasn't the first time though. Once the same two cats fought, but at night, and they both jumped on my bed while fighting and screaming. As you'd expect, I was impulsively shocked myself as you normally don't wake up to the screaming of felines on your own bed. Without thinking, I just began shouting myself to scare the cats away and ended up alerting my family, who were all in the lounge staying up late.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-15-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:56 PM   #6
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I died.

And then I un-died.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

While walking along a quiet state park beach with my family, my dad and I found a $5 bill swirling around in the water within an old car tire laying at the edge of the ocean that was washing up into it a little.

How the heck someone lost that five in the ocean (presumably at one of the more public beaches along the cost there) and it managed to find its way into that tire... Good aim, ocean.

I still have it. Though as an adult I feel bad now that we didn't remove the tire from the beach.

Another odd one...

As a late tween/young teen I'd once found a large black field cricket when I was cleaning my room once. Totally alive, just fine. It must have been pretty quiet (surprisingly for one of them) as I had no idea it was even in my room and no idea how it even got there. They liked our enclosed porch, but how it got into my bedroom... dunno. They didn't normally end up inside the house.

Being that I grew up loving these guys I had no issue with just scooping it up to take it back outside. Naturally, it was freaking out in my hands.

I opened the front door and knelt down so it could just hop out of my hand onto the front step and be on its way. But no... it decided to immediately jump sideways... right into a spider web in the corner by the door. So now it is freaking out in the web and the spider living there took quick notice.

Lucky for the cricket I quickly said nope, sorry spider, not today. Not to the cricket I just tried to put outside. So I tried to quickly remove it from the web. I tried to shoo it away and scare it off so it would not jump again in that direction.

And while trying to shoo it away, it suddenly hopped back onto my finger and sat there while it cleaned a few strands of web off of itself. I just sat still, surprised, and let it clean itself up. When it was done, it hopped back down and went on its way.

Bugs aren't given much credit for brains, but damned if it didn't understand that I'd saved it and maybe that show of trust was a thanks.

When I was younger I'd had another similar incident with a large moth I'd saved from my parent's bug zapper. Guess I just had a way with the smaller critters.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:03 PM   #8
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Long ago in 2013, I was just starting to get involved with an animal rescue/foster group. At that point, I was just cleaning cat kennels at an adoption center.

One morning in the spring time, my brothers were out on a camping trip and my father was in the Middle East working on helicopters. So it was just me and my mother.

It was raining and that was keeping me awake. And I heard a kitten crying in the backyard. At first, I thought I was hearing things, so I turned on the back porch lights and just barely managed to see a little black kitten on the far side, roughly six weeks old. So of course I dashed to wake up my mother and tell her there were kittens in the backyard. We initially tried to catch them, but they were both black. And it was raining. And it was 1 in the morning. So there was no chance we were going to get them.

They were still there into the next day and so while my mom was at work, I went out every few hours to check on them (while it was still raining) and attempting to offer them food. Which they didn't eat.

When my mom came home, we were able to catch them both and get them indoors, where they did eat and actually used the litter box in spite of being basically feral. It took a week for them to get comfortable with us, but the girl was a little more receptive.

Their names were One O'clock and All's Well. Because that was the time it was when I found them, and that bit in Disney's Robin Hood is what I think of when it comes to that time . All's Well was the girl, since she was a lot more chill than her brother.

One O'Clock ended up getting adopted by the guy who lived on the street behind ours.

And that's just one of my kitten stories
Old 01-15-2018, 11:16 PM   #9
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The most recent thing is breaking out my SNES over the past weekend for the first time in five years. I've been keeping it packed up in its box, which I keep in one of my closets. When I took it out of the box, I found that the four rubber paddings on the bottom had melted somehow. It can't be that hot in my closet, and I never knew such a thing could happen.

I once struck a pedestrian with my car, and that's one of the suckiest feelings in the world. It wasn't my fault though, and I'm thankful that she didn't die.

I once had an internet friend who lived the same state as me. We were kind of far from each other though, and we never met. We exchanged phone numbers however, but the first three times I tried to call her, I never got her. We were on AOL, but she'd have her account canceled at some point. So some months after that, I tried calling her, and I was successful in getting her. Things seemed fine, but then she thought she recognized my voice as someone who had prank called her the week before. She was so sure it was me, and I kept trying to tell her I wasn't, trying to sound as honest and sincere as possible. I was 17 at the time too, and she'd even tell me that I don't sound it. So since she was so sure that I had been lying to her all along, she just hung up on me, and I couldn't call her back again.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:27 PM   #10
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I actually have personally met up with an internet friend three times and I am dead set on moving to Minnesota now that I've been there; I freakin love it.

The second time visiting her was when she was meant to come down to me, but was nervous to fly on a plane by herself for the first time. So I went up to pick her up. However, we ended up being delayed for a day because the planes were full. Ended up spending three hours stuck in the airport, on a day that it was pouring rain. We still ended up having a nice lunch and candied apples (mine was sea salt caramel. YUM.) before it was determined there was no way we were going to get to Texas.

My boots were basically killing me at that point.

So the next day, I had to borrow clothes from them, since I wasn't packed for an extra day. We went to an ice cream shop in St. Paul where they made their own cones - and those were great. On the way we passed a bread factory - which smelled amazing.

When we actually did get to Texas...the rain followed us. We were barely able to get on two rides at Six Flags before we were completely chased out by the rain. Zoo day had to be moved, but that was okay.

And, as I've said recently, I got to meet with Ceres and PrincessUtrom from this forum and that had its own adventures. Which I'll save for another time.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:43 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My little calculator I've had since high school was once, back then, dropped on the hard wood floor of my parents bedroom. It didn't physically break, but it was kind of knocked out of its little mind for quite a while. I kept it, but I'd test is on simple math first to see if it would give a right or wrong answer. Poor thing was literally telling me things like 2+2=5. I guess it had the electronics version of a concussion.

Some might have ditched it at that point, but I'm glad I kept it because after quite a while...it did get better. Back to its old self and has been fine ever since. Though I'm still kind confused over how a piece of electronic equipment can appear to have "healed" is some sense.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:45 PM   #12
newfan
Mad Scientist

Following on from the internet friends posts, I had pen pals years ago when I was first on the net, one I actually ended up having a romance with when we crossed paths in person, wasn't planned but they turned out to be one of those 'sparks' you meet sometimes. The other pen pals faded away all but one who I've talked to for about 15-year-now and have on social media.

Last edited by newfan; 01-16-2018 at 12:03 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #13
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

My mother and I saw a UFO over one of the local city parks when I was 14.

There was also a time I nearly got run over in front of the library back when I was in high school. The car passed within inches of my body. It was a royal blue Infiniti with a tacky spoiler on the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #14
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I actually have personally met up with an internet friend three times and I am dead set on moving to Minnesota now that I've been there; I freakin love it.
I've met some of my online friends, and I also have a strange story about meeting one.

I have one that lives in Colorado that I've flown out to see three times. On the day before my first time flying out, I had come home from work after 5pm and took a nap. When I woke up, the clock on my nightstand said it was 7:00. My flight out was a 6am flight, and since the sun was out when I woke up from the nap, I thought I had missed my flight. I thought it was 7am on the next day, but it was actually 7pm and I was fine.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #15
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've had a situation like that.

When I was in a social group for Aspergers teens (I called it 'summer school' but it wasn't really), I decided one day after coming back that I wanted to make coffee.

And I drank a lot of coffee. Enough that I didn't sleep through the night, went to the group so exhausted that in reading an article, I slipped and said "coffee"...which put the group in hysterics.
To quote a teasing classmate: "I was bullied, so I started drinking coffee".

Right after I got home, I dropped into bed to sleep and woke up at 7, to great confusion.

It was bright outside. My brothers were up. My father wasn't at work. I was terrified I was going to miss my bus. My dad saw me frantically getting my breakfast shake together and made me realize it was 7 pm, not 7 am.

So...I drank the shake I had just made. And went back to bed.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol I've done that in the past, waking up thinking it was the next day. I just didn't get as far as actually getting ready for school/work before realizing. Though I felt off the rest of the evening.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #17
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Some of these stories are... not what I would consider "crazy" lmao

I've almost died three times. Once being crushed by a garage door with no laser sensor, once when a failed back-flip dropped me into a pool unconscious, and once in a wreck where my car hydroplaned off the highway and rolled eight times. That was the first car I drove that was totaled. Of the seven cars I've used as my primary transport in the past, two were sold, four were totaled, one lemoned out (we should totally start a thread about car stories)
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Clearly you are part cat! What life number are you on currently?
Old 01-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #19
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Clearly you are part cat! What life number are you on currently?
I guess I'd be on my fourth life
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #20
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I've got a few..... but it's late and I need to go to bed.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote